Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: top 3 bizzare goals conceded  (Read 5736 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:49:12 »

Anyone remember Charlton away in 2000? They were top, we were bottom and our goal was probably one of the most bizarre the Valley has ever seen. I can't remember the exact details as we were down the other end, but I think Dean Keily pretty much threw the ball in the net.

From a Steve Cowe cross?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 13:31:13 »

I was at that, one of my favourite away days.

Steve Cowe crossed the ball into nobody and their keeper spannered it in I think. Classic.

Talia was amazing in goal that day.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 20:36:48 »

Steve Cowe crossed the ball into nobody and their keeper spannered it in I think. Classic.

We were always on for a result that day...they were top, we were bottom, but they'd won the previous 12 and were going for a record 13th....
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 20:53:30 »

Keily was often shite against us...3-0 vs York early in 1995...comedy York left back as well, that day.

As for the Charlton game, the Rialto bridge had some confused Italians on it as a bloke in a Swindon was laughing manically reading the paper a day after the event (before the internet and mobile phones were widespread).  I laughed a fuck of a lot more when I got home and saw the goal.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 21:01:57 »

Reeve's own goal against P'boro tops the list for me
What a terrible feeling that was!

Anyone got any idea where I might find footage of the invincibile goal that day?

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 21:40:24 »

Everyone bangs on about Brezovans debut at Hartlepool but in my honest opinion, Talia's was miles better. Some of the saves he made were unbelievable, and I remember walking back to the car after the game with the Charlton fans asking where we got him from!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 22:31:52 »

Sippo, that was class.
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 23:35:41 »

We were always on for a result that day...they were top, we were bottom, but they'd won the previous 12 and were going for a record 13th....

We'd only just beaten Huddersfield mid-week to end a stupid run of 20 something games without a win, I think anyway.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 06:20:53 »

Town vs Ipswich Dec 87.

Free kick played into the area,Ian Cranson (Ipswich Centre Half) next to nobody around him,produces a quality
diving header into his own net,from about 10 yards out.

Town vs Blackburn Boxing Day 89

Duncan Shearer, chasing down a ball towards the touchline by the Shrivvy Rd Stand,Blackburn defender goes
to clear,it ricochets off Big Dunc and unbelievably, it's diverted towards goal and it loops over the keeper into
the net.We finished that game in the fog.

Town vs Stoke Nov 89.

Dave Bamber's own goal.Not a classic,but nevertheless it was funny seeing him defending a corner and it
going in off him.Here are the goals from the game.We were a little bit good in those days.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 10:52:03 »

Remember that Stoke game very well! Was in the Townend and we could see the Stoke fans doing a conga as the goals kept flying in.

Mick Mills was their manager at the time. Not long after we demolished them he got the boot.

It's All Good..............
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 11:36:57 »

Remember that Stoke game very well! Was in the Townend and we could see the Stoke fans doing a conga as the goals kept flying in.

Mick Mills was their manager at the time. Not long after we demolished them he got the boot.

With both sets of fans demanding his resignation from what I remember! Hilarious.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 19:27:05 »

I recall Frank Talia cocking up with an own goal from a cross at home to West Brom in about 1996. We were 1-0 up and he (if I recall correctly) dropped the ball into the net from a cross in front of the Stratton Bank (I was in the Town End).

We lost the game 3-2.

As for favourite own goals, I always liked Wayne Hatswell's for Forest Green Rovers... He joined Oxford shortly after.

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 19:32:33 »

Dear oh dear.... you gotta feel for this guy...

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 11:15:49 »

Jason Stockwell for Ipswich at the County Ground in 89-90, Steve White crosses the ball and Stockwell chips his own goalie from about 20 yards. Obviously Ipswich players were good at this in the 80's after Alan Mayes post above.
Doore

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 21:41:00 »

I always liked Lee Dixon's looping header over Seaman at Ipswich at some point in the early 90s.  Also, I remember Eddie Youds falling over when trying to clear a ball, falling over and nudging the ball in with his arse.  Which was amusing.

Also a big fan of Jason Cundy scoring from the half way line just trying to clear the ball.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: