Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Season Goalkeeper  (Read 18051 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 17:56:02 »

But thats why Uddersfield splashed out an estimated £500k plus other clauses for him....good players cost money....will Fitton let DW splash a bit of cash....I am not sure on that one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:11:46 »

Fitton wanted championship in three years....decent players cost money which bar cox is why we were in the shit this year. He can't have his cake and eat it spend and improve or scrimp and face relegation again.   
Peter Venkman

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:12:47 »

Fitton wanted championship in three years....decent players cost money which bar cox is why we were in the shit this year. He can't have his cake and eat it spend and improve or scrimp and face relegation again.  

Agreed 100%

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:13:01 »

Mildy is a better keeper than Phil Smith - if we want to progress, we've got to be looking to improve on him. John Ruddy, currently on loan at Crewe, is a good keeper. He said he'd go back on loan to them next year, if they stayed up. Think we should nip in. Fon Williams will cost too much, as will Mildy.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:15:55 »

Mildy is a better keeper than Phil Smith - if we want to progress, we've got to be looking to improve on him. John Ruddy, currently on loan at Crewe, is a good keeper. He said he'd go back on loan to them next year, if they stayed up. Think we should nip in. Fon Williams will cost too much, as will Mildy.

Ruddy is rumoured to be a good upcoming keeper, I havent seen him play myself, but his loan to Crewe is good for him as they are local to Liverpool so he doesnt have to move home....I can't see him wanting to up sticks for a loan and move to Swindon as Liverpool to Swindon isnt an easy trip on a daily basis.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:19:09 »

Unless there is a bidding war I expect OFW could be bought on the cheap.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:27:40 »

Unless there is a bidding war I expect OFW could be bought on the cheap.

I know Ipswich were looking at him last month, but that depends on if Keane wants him now Magilton has left the building.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:30:27 »

Lewis Price was "highly rated" then he went to Derby.
glos_robin

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:34:41 »

for the large part we've had some absolute shit in goal since Digby left...........Talia, Griemink, Evans, Glass, Mckinney, Book and now we can add both Smith and Brez to the list of failed keepers. We'll get lucky with one soon I hope fingers crossed.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:36:18 »

I think it's only right to mention at this point no matter how much we may desire a better goalie Smiths diving save today was awesome and was a vital part of getting the result we needed.
glos_robin

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:38:43 »

I think it's only right to mention at this point no matter how much we may desire a better goalie Smiths diving save today was awesome and was a vital part of getting the result we needed.

If you want to pick holes though you could say he should have dealt with the cross that lead to it instead of flapping at it. Both keepers have made some good saves this season but they're just awful at the basic things especially high balls.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 18:53:28 »

Heard somebody say that Crossley to come in as player/coach next year!

Don't believe it myself!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 19:08:44 »

I would get shot of both and start again
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 19:09:37 »

Aww but I love Smithy.

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 19:13:43 »

Aww but I love Smithy.

I was majorly disappointed when Phil started bunging them in at the start of the season, as I thought he was a steady if unspectacular keeper, I think he may benefit from this season's experience though, and quite possibly be better for it next....think Wilson may keep him and free Brez.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: