Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Theme Tune  (Read 27262 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 20:21:04 »

Failing that, how about the theme song to 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum'? For years I thought 'B. O. B. O. Y. S. ...' could be replaced with 'S. T. S. T. F. C. boys to entertain youuuu'. I've never had the guts to try it out in the TE though. Wonder why?

Didn't some Town fans try that against Sunderland in the season McMahon took us down by selling Fjortoft?  My memory is either great or just making stuff up...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:32:24 »

Nah, just left of centre (and I stand).

Then you probably see and hear me each game.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:04:45 »

Recently thought of another alternative run-out tune:

'Bring The Noise' - Public Enemy and Anthrax version.

Memories of sweaty nights at Level 3, and in honour of the great BTN fanzine.

Turn it up
red socks

« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 06:00:18 »

Surely it should be the "Moonraker" theme from the bond film? It goes on a bit but the first 30 secs would be enough, it would be unique to STFC and have some relevance....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 19:42:47 »

It would be good to have a different tune each home game, maybe a tune that could loosely relate to the team we are playing.  Hmmm
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 19:53:14 »

The whole ground singing this would sound brilliant.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 21:39:42 »

what about one of the versions of way down in the hole? that'd be great.

i love the wire, me

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 16:50:40 »

I can't help falling in love with you is a good idea.. Although even with the song playing our fans would make it super fast and have a clap off, as per any song that is ever started in the County Ground.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 16:54:03 »

I can't help falling in love with you is a good idea.. Although even with the song playing our fans would make it super fast and have a clap off, as per any song that is ever started in the County Ground.

We should record the TE singing it, play that back at the start of the next match so they go even faster, then play that version and so on until some peoples hands drop off.
deltaincline

« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 22:46:46 »

XTC's SWO is a great shout, although the 'Swindon music for Swindon people' preference is a tad fucking Royston Vasey. I'd rather SWO or something else by XTC - We're All Light or Statue Of Liberty would be equally ace as well - than a load of shit that means fuck all to the town or the fans though.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know who's actually responsible for the CG music? Is it a club employee who does other duties during the week or (likely) a self regarding retard who's limited musical collection comprises shit music from the 80's with some token Ska / two tone tracks thrown in that he's determined to foist on the rest of us?

If it's the former, and enough fans bitch for long enough, the club will probably do something about it. If it's the latter option, I hereby volunteer my services to set light to the cunt's entire CD collection just before the season kicks off.

The club rightly binned the embarrassing pikey-on-the-mikey last season and they'd be doing themselves and us a great service by now binning the shit DJ. And if you're reading this AF and co, don't let the cunt convince you he'll change his ways by some playing modern music as he pleads for one more chance. Whoever he his, his music taste is clearly shit and outdated and, as soon as your back's turned he'll be slipping Republica's 'Ready To Go' or anothe 'Selector' CD in the slot. sack the cunt and be done! Yes

If they could also get shot of the Amstrad music center currently masquerading as the grounds PA system, that would be fucking ace  Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 22:49:23 »

the guy responsible for the music is the same guy responsible for the stadium announcements, half-time scores and the like - i forget his name but think it's gary - he's just a volunteer as far as i know.

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 5, 2009, 23:43:47 »

How about start off with something in keeping with our status and work up or down each week, maybe start with the theme tune to one of my favourite kids programmes 'Rhoobarb' ?....and be on XTC by December ?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 20:39:23 »

Unless my hearing has got worse, I have noticed that there is no longer a "tune" played when the players emerge at the start of the game. Is this likely to reappear in the new season? Any suggestions?

I didn't notice any music when the teams emerged on Saturday.......was there any? Huh?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 20:43:09 »

fuck knows, cant hear a thing in the drs, i reckon the announcer doesnt realise this and when he asks for some "noise?" at the beginning of the game is always baffled by no response.

i will dj.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 21:21:46 »

I didn't notice any music when the teams emerged on Saturday.......was there any? Huh?

I'm pretty sure it was the usual song.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: