Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bill Power court case  (Read 46453 times)
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 02:33:47 »

Bottom line is Diamond Mike screwed the Wills family, Bill Power and most of all players and supporters of STFC end of story....!!! 

Bye
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 07:55:02 »

The same kind of legally binding agreement that Power signed when he bought the shares, sorry, loaned the money to the club / holding company which ended up in the High Courts and him still being no closer to getting his money back?

i think the argument was there was no paperwork, nothing was signed - i'm enough of a legal expert (I watch judge judy almost every day..) to know that all transfer of monies are considered loans, and can be recalled at any time, unless there is an agreement to state otherwise. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 08:58:30 »

My point regarding the indemnity is that a "legally binding agreement" isn't always as simple and binding as you believe it is. The Wills family could refuse to pay and fight it through the courts and there is no guarantee it will stand up.
Well obviously any supposedly legally binding agreement is only as good as the lawyers who draw it up. In this instance I've got a sight more faith in Fitton's lawyers than someone who seems to rather naively assume that anyone would shrug their shoulders when they've been done out of a million quid

Look, we're obviously not going to agree on this. You asked why people had sympathy with Bill Power on this. I and many others answered you - because at a time when the old regime were about to put our club down the plughole, he stepped in and without his intervention the club would have gone down
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:00:32 by pauld » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:06:03 »

Someone summed it up perfectly for me yesterday.

Bill Power may be a nice bloke and may well have saved the club with his loan. But he's not involved with the club anymore. I support Swindon Town, not Bill Power and the fact he lost a court action against the club is, as far as I'm concerned, great news. The fact that we don't have to try and get the money back off the previous board is a huge relief.

Soooo, Bill Power can now look elsewhere to try in recoup his money and our new owners can carry on turning our club around. Time to move on.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:08:23 »

Bill Power may be a nice bloke and may well have saved the club with his loan. But he's not involved with the club anymore. I support Swindon Town, not Bill Power and the fact he lost a court action against the club is, as far as I'm concerned, great news. The fact that we don't have to try and get the money back off the previous board is a huge relief.

Soooo, Bill Power can now look elsewhere to try in recoup his money and our new owners can carry on turning our club around. Time to move on.
I'd say that's pretty spot on actually hertha. I hope Bill does get his money back (and damages on top) from the people who "scammed" him. But I'm glad the club are out of the loop now
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 09:09:22 »

Precisely. Well put herthab.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
flammableBen

« Reply #321 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 10:45:37 »

I actually think I support Bill Power more than the football club. He looks more like a big teddy bear.
deltaincline

« Reply #322 on: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 23:27:35 »

I agree with your sentiments, Herthab. I do think Power was extremely unlucky to come across a cunt like Diamandis though. With hindsight it was incredibly naive of him to write out cheques for over a million without anything being put in writing, but he had people like his friend Mark Devlin around him as CEO of the club at the time, so I guess he was guilty of being sucked in to what seemed like a credible setup and let his guard down in the seductive business that is football.

I'm not suggesting that Devlin was in any way complicit in the soon to be played out Wills/Diamandis scam, only that he probably unwittingly paved the way at the time for Power to ignore basic business principles.

The ruthless, shameful, opportunistic / cuntish treatment of Bill Power, Phil Emmell, Mark Devlin & loyal servants of the club like Linda Birrell after the plane crash speaks volumes about the Wills and Diamandis era.

Time for us all to move on and to let Andrew Fitton move the club forwards? Yep. Spot on. I feel sorry for what happened to Power and co in every respect, but I'm a town fan and I'm glad that the club can now move on.

Time to forgive and forget what Wills and Diamandis did to the club, the supporters and people like Bill Power, Mark Devlin etc? No fucking chance. 
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 00:39:49 »

I agree with your sentiments, Herthab. I do think Power was extremely unlucky to come across a cunt like Diamandis though. With hindsight it was incredibly naive of him to write out cheques for over a million without anything being put in writing, but he had people like his friend Mark Devlin around him as CEO of the club at the time, so I guess he was guilty of being sucked in to what seemed like a credible setup and let his guard down in the seductive business that is football.

I'm not suggesting that Devlin was in any way complicit in the soon to be played out Wills/Diamandis scam, only that he probably unwittingly paved the way at the time for Power to ignore basic business principles.

The ruthless, shameful, opportunistic / cuntish treatment of Bill Power, Phil Emmell, Mark Devlin & loyal servants of the club like Linda Birrell after the plane crash speaks volumes about the Wills and Diamandis era.

Time for us all to move on and to let Andrew Fitton move the club forwards? Yep. Spot on. I feel sorry for what happened to Power and co in every respect, but I'm a town fan and I'm glad that the club can now move on.

Time to forgive and forget what Wills and Diamandis did to the club, the supporters and people like Bill Power, Mark Devlin etc? No fucking chance. 

Totally agree, good post.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 05:26:33 »

Again...spot on
Forgive and forget....yeh right
I for one would love to leave a "calling card" at the Greek cunts house....

Smakc
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 07:53:08 »

I'm sure it would be a nice gesture to invite Power & Emmell to a game next season as guests of the club.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 09:40:23 »

they've suffered enough Power to people!
Mark D

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:05:49 »

Wanted to add to Deltacline's comment, that I'm sure I was unwittingly involved in this case. I don't think Bill would have become involved if there wasn't someone at the club he already knew, and I regret even taking the 'opportunity' to him, after I was asked to. However, I was aware of the very serious situation facing the club at the time, and I understood there was nowhere else to go. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Bill was in the driving seat, and probably could have screwed the best possible deal for himself by refusing to release any monies before getting absolutely whatever he wanted, and more, out of any deal. But as CEO at the time, the concern was to keep the club going, so I was very pleased when he acted the way he did. You never imagine that a personal catastrophe of the flying type is ever going to happen to you, even less the way others would use the opportunity. But you live and learn and life moves on.

Good luck to you all next season. Hope it's a good one.       
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:07:51 »

Wanted to add to Deltacline's comment, that I'm sure I was unwittingly involved in this case. I don't think Bill would have become involved if there wasn't someone at the club he already knew, and I regret even taking the 'opportunity' to him, after I was asked to. However, I was aware of the very serious situation facing the club at the time, and I understood there was nowhere else to go. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, Bill was in the driving seat, and probably could have screwed the best possible deal for himself by refusing to release any monies before getting absolutely whatever he wanted, and more, out of any deal. But as CEO at the time, the concern was to keep the club going, so I was very pleased when he acted the way he did. You never imagine that a personal catastrophe of the flying type is ever going to happen to you, even less the way others would use the opportunity. But you live and learn and life moves on.

Good luck to you all next season. Hope it's a good one.       

Mark D......a man with no shelf life.....still tops!

Clems Army!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:10:23 »

good to hear from you mark, come and join us at the back of the don rogers again soon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: