Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Radio One Big Weekend Swindon 2009  (Read 53665 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 07:20:03 »

Shame about the power cut during prodigy, everything on stage just died part way through breathe. It's not really clear whether it was just a technical problem or they turned it off on purpose. The rumours on the way out were that there had been an accident and they turned it off for safety. Was getting on for 5-10 minutes when they got it back on. Otherwise they were brilliant.  Cool
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 07:33:29 »

Overall thought it was superb - especially for a free gig.

The prodigy were absolutely brilliant and special mention to Zane Lowes set just before as I thought that was fab!

Highlights:

The Script
Snow Patrol
Moyles (On Saturday)
Ne Yo
Basment Jaxx
And standing just behind Fearne Cotton in the crowd watching Kasabian! (true TEF stalkerish style!)

I hate to say it but N Dubz were actually quite good live Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #482 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 07:34:54 »

I haven't been to bed yet.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 07:40:29 »

A last minute ticket result meant my picnic at Lechlade was cancelled and i got to go along... my personal highlights were White Lies, Chase and Status, and Maximo Park. The DJ soundclash was a massive disappointment.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
flammableBen

« Reply #484 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 08:04:58 »

My personal highlight was at about 4am when I realised I'd have to be up in 3 hours to make my mum a cup of tea because it's her birthday (although I almost always get up and make her a cup of tea anyway because I'm a lovely son who appreciates living in her attic rent free - it's the reason I'm often up early). At the time I was having an interesting experience trying to make separate parts of my brain hold on to different golden threads of conversation to stop them floating away. Mrs Need-To-Get-Up-Thought apparently managed a very sneaky escape from the clutches of my mind, I think she eloped with Mr Time-Perception. By 6am there was no choice but to plough through and stay up. Chemical Cocktails.

I'm the most hardcore one big weekender there is and I didn't even fucking go.

I'm not going to be able to sleep for a couple more hours now anyway, at least not until my teeth stop grinding. At that point to I crash out and risk sleeping through to this evening (where I'll get in trouble for not clearing up the kitchen) or try and keep going today with the aid of caffeine?

I might make my mum a birthday cake later. That will be fun. I'll post pictures and stuff. I think Samdy's lovely mrs is trying to out bake me. That'll show them, I can be 2007 Ben and bake stuff.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 09:05:19 »

Luci - I loved Zanes Lowes set on Saturday too it was one of my fav things and I normally switch off when he comes on the radio!! hes actually a bit hot! his set was miles better than Pete Tong and Vernon Kay!!

Dizzee Rascal was ace!! 

I loved the fact it was free and I didnt fell like I had to go and see bands I dont like just to get my moneys worth!

I tried to broden my horizons and be alternitive and watch Florence and the machine but she hurt my ears and scared me a bit!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 09:33:38 »

Enjoyed yesterday! 

Fucking hot in that tent though!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 10:26:57 »

I watched the highlights on tv and the doves, basement jaxx and prodigy looked great.

Loved Lily Allen pretending to give her mic a blowie, too. Nice touch.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 11:47:05 »

Caught quite a bit of it on the 'red button' over the weekend.

Impressed by Franz Ferdinand, Lily Allen, The Wombats, Alesha Dixon, The King Blues, Ne-Yo, Akon, but Basement Jaxx's set was superb, along with Kasabian.

Moyles was very funny with his set.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 13:02:21 »

Was there on Sunday and it was a fantastic day, was impressed by Ne-Yo not usually my sort type of music but he was excellent, Lily Allen & Alesha Dixon (my god this woman worked the stage) was also fantastic, Lilly her usual contreversial (sp ?) self  - Singing Fuck U when asked not to by the BBC.

A word about the organisation though which I thought was really well done, busses and parking was simple, although not sure what the litter pickers were up to as the amonut of rubbish on the floor was bad, I expect they will have a busy few days clearing up.

I see the picture in the adver of sll the swindon councillors there....obviously given freebies while everyone else that couldn't go as they didn't get tickets stayed at home..wrong.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 13:07:21 »

She got asked not to swear in the live lounge performance, not the BW performance!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #491 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 13:16:52 »

Apart from not updating the website the traffic organisation appeared to be spot on which is pretty incredible given the Council's past track record.

One thing I did wonder though, if a one weekend event with 20,000 people can be such a boost to the local economy, think about the football club. I know this has always been argued with redevelopment plans etc. but the impression I get is that the Council don't share this view so much.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 15:13:40 »

She got asked not to swear in the live lounge performance, not the BW performance!

She actually said on main stage 'I've been asked not to sing this song by the bbc but I'm going to anyway' and proceeded to sing Fuck U with the crowd helping her out
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 15:53:30 »

Apart from not updating the website the traffic organisation appeared to be spot on which is pretty incredible given the Council's past track record.

One thing I did wonder though, if a one weekend event with 20,000 people can be such a boost to the local economy, think about the football club. I know this has always been argued with redevelopment plans etc. but the impression I get is that the Council don't share this view so much.

The Council both officers and councillors love this sort of event, because they can massage their egos with a bit of vipping and then talk about it. Whereas as regards the football club if it was "big four" they'd be loving it, but as it's us they don't give a shit.

Unless like when we made the Prem, they can use it to describe the hell hole that is the planning dept, as Premier House  :cunt:
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #494 on: Monday, May 11, 2009, 16:59:43 »

I had 2 tickets for yesterday but gave them to my daughter and brother in law. They both had a great time. i watched some stuff on the press red and was quite amused by what I saw. The fat bird was amusing but nothnig you can't see on a Saturday night down the Moonies. White Lies were quite good in a Joy Division sort of way. Basement Jaxx looked like a couple of rent boys that had been on the piss and sounded worse. Akon was exactly that - a con - ddn't sing and generally looked compeletely pissed - not really worth getting from the USA. 
Its good though that Swindon hosted this event and that it went well.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: