Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King  (Read 2721 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 20, 2004, 10:16:04 »

These comments were writen by California_Mike on the myonlyswindon message board. http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1019&p=16&style=1&forumId=3486&action=1&replytoid=535774390
thought i would post here to see what the views are on this board.

For all you King lovers out there ....  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
........ have you noticed the similarity between him and McMahon? Both egotistcal, self-centred, opinionated bigots. You listen to them speak and most every sentence includes "Me" or "I" accompanied by finger pointing (of blame) at someone else! Very rarely (if at all) does one hear "We" in the sentences. One difference between the two is that Macca would actually punch you out! Is there anything non-factual in the statements so far? Am I being too critical perhaps? If I hear a voice of dissent then I strongly urge you to listen to a post game interview of our most recent former hero - Colin Calderwood. A very articulate gentleman who fully accepts responsibility (for his actions), just like he did in his playing days. No, Northampton Town haven't taken the League by storm but he's still learning his trade and has done MORE with LESS than King has - check the record, even our discarded Frenchie is scoring goals! Northampton Town will do well under his stewardship.
Having said that, would any Townie out there like to work FOR someone like King? How many of you lot can point at a present or former employer/supervisor and see a similarity in management style? Come on, fess up or tell me I'm full of bull poopie!!
Just imagine screwing up (as we all do) from time to time then rather than be disciplined in the priviacy of an office, have your name slagged off in public - be it radio, TV, or press! What would behaviour like that do to your morale or confidence? Would it improve your performance? What happens to someone like a Grant Smith who stands up to King with (dare I say it), an OPINION? You all know the answer be it Macca or King - neither could accept a constructive critique without blaming others!
Following the Notts County atrocity, King would have earned more respect (from HIS players) had he arranged a visit to a chippie followed by a beer orgy in a brewery afterwards - as a TEAM! Oh yes, the newsapapers would have had a field day but what the heck, you've just shown yourselves to be the laughing stock of England on TV - learn from mistakes, use them to build character and TEAM spirit - hey, life goes on! He should have said: "Forget it lads and lets all get drunk! Take the day off tomorrow, sh@g the missus or do some Christmas shopping!" No, he has to publicly slate the team and captain who, lets face it is a 21-year-old youngster still learning his trade. Has it ever dawned (duh) on King that success is based on MISTAKES and everyone makes them including HIMSELF - it's called progress!
A Townie recently suggested that we be "gratefull" to him for "Saving" us - a load of b_ll_cks! At least under Macca (less we forget), we did win a Division Championship!
I've met both King and Macca and have nothing (personal) against either of them. What I do have a problem with is some of (King's) behaviour traits! Would YOU have more respect for a manager/employer who, rather than dictating from an office, rolls up their sleeves, picks up a shovel and helps you dig a ditch - my sweat smells just like yours? Anyone get my point?
King has had over three years and two tenures to do the business and come on, have we progressed? If so, then please enlighten me! Yes, he has a nose for talent but it's what you do with that talent in much the same way a craftsman is only as good as his tools - the players are King's tools! If you don't take care of your them what's the end product? King's rantings are an EMBARRASSMENT to us the fans, the team, the Board, and after the County game - to the World! Is there anything wrong in expecting OUR team to FIGHT for the cause - even in defeat? Would it hurt King's ego to stand in front of a TV camera and accept full responsibility fo HIS actions - it's HIS team right? You must be blind if you cannot see that our team isn't playing for him!
I for one have had enough! If our fans continue to pay 23 quid then that's THEIR perogative. Moaning and groaning is one thing but ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS and (based on simple economics and supply and demand) what happens when people choose to not buy the product?
We, the fans vented our frustrations against the likes of Dave Mackay (in the past) and more recently Macca - they both resigned as a result!
After yesterday's post match interview with King my missus had to physically restrain me from throwing my laptop out of the window upon hearing that he wanted/needed SIX more bodies! My blood pressure has had enough!
Until King is either sacked or resigns I've decided to hang up my Town shirt, cap, and scarf and sleep in on Saturday mornings! If Townies or the Board can't see that this son-of a-bitch is the WRONG person for OUR team then I'll leave the rest unsaid.
Rant over!
See you all AFTER King has departed.
A Merry Christmas to you all! :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 20, 2004, 23:07:05 »

I've tried saying to myself i'll do the same as in stop going but i feel a sense of loyalty and pride that i cant get from sitting at home or lying in bed. Some could say i'm addicted
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:08:07 »

I can't not go to watch Swindon!

I would love there to be a walkout to prove a point but I would feel dis-loyal.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 13:25:24 »

Fucking yanks. :x
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 14:15:55 »

Cant believe you're seriously suggesting King should have taken the players out on the lash and not publicly critizised any of them after the Notts C debacle.

In his shoes i'd have kicked the fuck out of several of them, let alone publically slated them.

Yes, its his team and he needs to take responsibility but what does he do when 11 well paid profesionals go out and show no desire to win at all. do you think he tells them not to try??

I'm no king lover myself, and i cringe at virtually every interview he does. However, I'd stop short of calling for his head just yet. Some of the arguements you've presented are total bollocks.

If you stop turning up and supporting the team because of petty greviences with the management then you're no better than any other of the stayaway "fans" in my view.

:evil:
Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 18:14:01 »

Because he always does
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 18:55:31 »

but what people are mssing is that this guy ain'ta true swindon fan? cause if you are a true swindon fan, you should still support the team whatever is ahppening, yes you can have your opinion, but not turning up isn't going to do anything.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 24, 2004, 11:45:11 »

If every "stayaway" fan turned up on a regular basis, then the club would bring in a lot ore money. We could then buy better players and could afford (if necessary) to pay off King.

At the moment people are saying we won't come back till King goes, but because they put no money into the club the team gets worse and we can't afford anybody else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: