Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread [Must Win XXXIII]  (Read 61860 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:29:37 »

What a lot of shit being written about McNamee-easily our best player last night.3 superb crosses that should have led to goals(Kanu,Cox,Paynter) a superb sublime through ball which Cox should have buried.Fuck me if Beckham produces one quality cross in a game every cunt creams theirselves.Hes a league one player for fucks sake and I haven't seen a more talented one this season!Luxury player my arse.McGovern-that's what I call a luxury player,once decent cross every 5 games.Come on you Macca haters admit that every time he gets the ball at his feet,dont you just get the tiniest buzz?Rest of the team was shit though except Kanu(for about 20 mins in the first half)and Jack Smith.

Yep I get a buzz when he gets the ball at his feet without a doubt, the thing that is winding the shit out of me is that he does fuck all else!  We cannot afford to have a player only playing half a game yet staying on the pitch for 90 minutes!

There is no doubt his skill and quality with the ball at his feet, and when he gets a cross in they tend to be better than any other crosses in this league, but he does not track back, put a tackle in or even attempt to jump with a player for a header, yes I know he is only 4 foot tall, but he should still be jumping with the player.  I am a short ass but I got taught early on to still jump with the player to put any sort of pressure on him that you can.

The one word that totally describes Macca is "luxury".  If you have a team full of excellent players than you maybe able to get away with it, but we haven't even got an excellent player at the moment!  MOTM my arse!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red End Street

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:30:52 »

it seems people are actually waking up to the fact that ifil isn't good enough.he's loyal and gives 100% but simply his level is league 2.jack smith despite being a tidy player is not a good enough defender.a right backs first job is to defend,this he does below average for div 1.
allen isn't good enough.peacock isn't good enough.macca needs to play alongside 2 decent centre mids to get the best out of him.paynter never looks fit.brez is shakey as fuck as is his no2.timlin has 1 good game in 4-5.nalis is old and slow.pook is pook.kanyuka is shit.sturrock cant hit a barn door.mcgovern lacks desire.etc.etc.etc.
ship the lot of em out apart from vincent,morrison and cox(not that he'll stay)sign greer,and rebuild from scratch.

fitton took fucking ages in appointing wilson after sacking malpas. if he thinks he's the man to take uis forward then he needs to back him big time in the summer,regardless of the division we are in.apart from clearing debt we have gone backwards on the field.i'm afraid the board do not convince me at all.season ticket sales will drop by half or more in the summer.

drawing last night simply isn't good enough,players dont give a shit about derbys(this isn't really one anyway)it was just a game against the worst side in the league.

===========================================================================

agree, sometimes effort can make up for lack of ability, but when you lack effort you're well and truly stuffed, at the moment I think our only hope of staying in this league is the teams below stuffing up which at the moment they're doing but for how much longer?

Danny Wilson I would imagine is under no illusions about the size of the task he has this summer in rebuilding the squad, and quite honestly if Mr Fitton and co don't offer the necessary then they'll get what they deserve in terms of season ticket hoders crowds and league positions.

Better Red Than Yellow
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:34:45 »

Yeah and Peacock, Timlin and Allen were creative masters weren't they?

adje

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:35:14 »

Yep I get a buzz when he gets the ball at his feet without a doubt, the thing that is winding the shit out of me is that he does fuck all else!  We cannot afford to have a player only playing half a game yet staying on the pitch for 90 minutes!

There is no doubt his skill and quality with the ball at his feet, and when he gets a cross in they tend to be better than any other crosses in this league, but he does not track back, put a tackle in or even attempt to jump with a player for a header, yes I know he is only 4 foot tall, but he should still be jumping with the player.  I am a short ass but I got taught early on to still jump with the player to put any sort of pressure on him that you can.

The one word that totally describes Macca is "luxury".  If you have a team full of excellent players than you maybe able to get away with it, but we haven't even got an excellent player at the moment!  MOTM my arse!

Who was better Berni?Anyone who sets up four clear cut chances in a game cannot be described as a luxury,surely?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:36:54 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:44:45 »

The problem we have is there is no one in the box for macca to cross to, half the time, macca gets to the byline, looks up and see a shadow of cox being trounced on by a big lump of a CB, so macca has to try and hold the ball up for about 5-10 secons before he can attempt a cross and by then his marker has him covered, Paynter needs to be quicker into the box.
That said coz does have a good spring on him, out jumped 2 of their CB to head just wide towards the end
Thats the way i see it anyway, now for people to tell me im wrong.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:48:36 »

Well in my book,any cross that produces a corner is a decent one

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:53:24 »

Well in my book,any cross that produces a corner is a decent one

agreed, as opposed to an early cross which misses everyone and goes out for a throw
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:58:27 »

Cox was shitter than McNamee last night, but it doesn't count because he's got 19 goals this season.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 20:29:31 »

It would be better if it were announced as "The Swindon Town 'best of a bad bunch' award"

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 20:49:34 »

It's a furry boot much loved by schoolgirls, and a few wrinklies who should know better.
  That should go in the Oxford English, spot on worst looking footwear ever invented.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 21:55:30 »

By my reckoning McNamee put at least three decent crosses in yesterday, and he created two of the goals against Scunthorpe via his crossing (can't remember the amount of other decent crosses that day).  Some of his crosses may not be spot on, but as my Cheltenham mate said last night he was the only Town player who really looked threatening.  Yet all of a sudden he's not flavour of the month.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:06:20 »

Who was better Berni?Anyone who sets up four clear cut chances in a game cannot be described as a luxury,surely?

Nobody, like I said in my comments earlier Kanu was good first half shit second, but IMO the best player for us was Amankwah when he came on but he was only on for 30 minutes.

I have already said that when Macca gets the ball he is capable of being quality, when he beats the first man he is the best crosser of the ball in the league, it's not about that and you are missing my point completely.  What I am saying is that if you get MOTM for 4 crosses when you have hardly been involved in the game in any other way then surely equally Brez should be MOTM, he made 4 saves and stopped 4 goals!  Did fuck all else good, but still stopped 4 goals!

Everyone used to go mad at Roberts when he was lazy but nobody seems to say fuck all about ickle 4 foot twinkle toes Macca!

If you are happy to have a player not involved in the game for 85 minutes then fine, but that is not what gets you near the top of the table unless you are the Galacticos!

We cannot afford the luxury of one of our eleven only involved for 10% of the match!  The only way to could afford it is if you have a striker of the quality that is going to be on the end of the crosses 90% of the time, and we don't, therefore he is a luxury!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:08:18 »

By my reckoning McNamee put at least three decent crosses in yesterday, and he created two of the goals against Scunthorpe via his crossing (can't remember the amount of other decent crosses that day).  Some of his crosses may not be spot on, but as my Cheltenham mate said last night he was the only Town player who really looked threatening.  Yet all of a sudden he's not flavour of the month.

I didn't say he isn't flavour of the month, I said that no way was he MOTM, and that he did not get involved in the rest of the game except when he had the ball at his feet, which was probably 10-12 times.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:10:23 »

Berni old chap I wasn't really replying to your post, just making my point.  It's pretty obvious from the posts on here (and elsewhere) that McNamee is no longer the darling of the terraces, so to speak.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 22:27:49 »

I didn't say he isn't flavour of the month, I said that no way was he MOTM, and that he did not get involved in the rest of the game except when he had the ball at his feet, which was probably 10-12 times.

Fair enough Berniman,Amankwah was fair when he came on,but to be honest the average time a player is actually in posession during a game is about 4-5 minutes,and if you can create 4-5 good chances in that time that's pretty good.Also if Brez had made 4-5 brilliant saves,he may well have been MOM.I loved Roberts as well!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: