Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread [Must Win XXXIII]  (Read 61871 times)

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 13:16:11 »

it seems people are actually waking up to the fact that ifil isn't good enough.he's loyal and gives 100% but simply his level is league 2.jack smith despite being a tidy player is not a good enough defender.a right backs first job is to defend,this he does below average for div 1.
allen isn't good enough.peacock isn't good enough.macca needs to play alongside 2 decent centre mids to get the best out of him.paynter never looks fit.brez is shakey as fuck as is his no2.timlin has 1 good game in 4-5.nalis is old and slow.pook is pook.kanyuka is shit.sturrock cant hit a barn door.mcgovern lacks desire.etc.etc.etc.
ship the lot of em out apart from vincent,morrison and cox(not that he'll stay)sign greer,and rebuild from scratch.

fitton took fucking ages in appointing wilson after sacking malpas. if he thinks he's the man to take uis forward then he needs to back him big time in the summer,regardless of the division we are in.apart from clearing debt we have gone backwards on the field.i'm afraid the board do not convince me at all.season ticket sales will drop by half or more in the summer.

drawing last night simply isn't good enough,players dont give a shit about derbys(this isn't really one anyway)it was just a game against the worst side in the league.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 13:18:31 by arriba » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 13:20:07 »

it seems people are actually waking up to the fact that ifil isn't good enough.he's loyal and gives 100% but simply his level is league 2.jack smith despite being a tidy player is not a good enough defender.a right backs first job is to defend,this he does below average for div 1.
allen isn't good enough.peacock isn't good enough.macca needs to play alongside 2 decent centre mids to get the best out of him.paynter never looks fit.brez is shakey as fuck as is his no2.timlin has 1 good game in 4-5.nalis is old and slow.pook is pook.kanyuka is shit.sturrock cant hit a barn door.mcgovern lacks desire.etc.etc.etc.
ship the lot of em out apart from vincent,morrison and cox(not that he'll stay)sign greer,and rebuild from scratch.

fitton took fucking ages in appointing wilson after sacking malpas. if he thinks he's the man to take uis forward then he needs to back him big time in the summer,regardless of the division we are in.apart from clearing debt we have gone backwards on the field.i'm afraid the board do not convince me at all.season ticket sales will drop by half or more in the summer.

drawing last night simply isn't good enough,players dont give a shit about derbys(this isn't really one anyway)it was just a game against the worst side in the league.

Cant argue with much there..........

Clems Army!
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 14:50:24 »

And don't forget we even lost at their dungheap against 10 men.
1 point against the worst team in the league, the only way is up!

When you're smiling.........
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 16:17:30 »

Apparently, the groundsman wanted the game called off last night. Triseros? Grubby?

Perhaps it would've been better if it was!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 16:30:37 »

Apparently, the groundsman wanted the game called off last night. Triseros? Grubby?

Perhaps it would've been better if it was!

Would not have thought there was any risk to us last night, the pitch looked in really good condition

There were a few scouts at last nights game as well - Derby, Sheff Utd, H'Pool, Reading, Man City - bet they went home without any recomendations
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 16:48:08 »

All looking at Cox I expect. Can't imagine there'd be anyone else who played last night that would take their interest.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 16:55:39 »

There were a few scouts at last nights game as well - Derby, Sheff Utd, H'Pool, Reading, Man City - bet they went home without any recomendations

Reading I guess would be watching their boy Robson-Kanu and Pools play Cheltenham in a couple of weeks. Otherwise the fact that every 'Nam player is on a free right now might attract one or two scouts.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:41:23 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:00:33 »

ooooooh also who was it that sits near me and spoke to me about my magazine? someone off here? possibly Berniman?

Yep that was me!  But you looked at me as if you were gonna punch my lights out so I didn't bother with the introductions Grin.  I was the one who won Peacocks shirt last year and you sent it to me!

Anyway... the match.  Most has been said, but my views.

Brez/Smith can go, time for a new face in between the sticks.
Ifil poor, Greer worst match for us so far, Smith & Vincent alright nothing special.
Peacock's legs have gone and he offers no real benefit to the team anymore, Timlin either quality or gash, nothing in between, squad player next year.

Kanu, hot and cold, good first half crap second, would have switched his flank 2nd half because.....
Macca was a waste of space and should have been taken off. MOTM my arse. Couple of decent crosses but the rest crap and the bloke does absolutely shit all else on the pitch when the ball is not at his feet and he is doing lollipops!  Wound the fuck out of me last night.

Paynter works hard but only won one header last night and got a cheer for it!  For a big man he does not hold the ball up well enough.  As much as I love Cox and he always works his bollocks off, his first touch was gash last night and he looks like he has run out of ideas, appart from throwing himself to the floor whenever he gets in front of the defender.  Inside the box Simon, inside the fricking box!!!!

Amankwah, best player by far but only on for 30 mins, Chrissy Allen, sorry son Supermarine is beckoning!

The 7 players I would be ok to keep would be Greer (probably won't happen) Cox (Definately won't happen)   Amankwah (squad) Timlin (squad) Sean Morrison (First team) Vincent (OK but not getting any younger)
Jack Smith (First team/Squad)    and probably a few of the youngsters too.

The rest can well and truly fuck off!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:15:09 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:16:12 »

DID I!!!  Eek

OMG Im so sorry!! I wasnt pissed off with you more the weather and my sodden Uggs and the fact my Heat magazine was wet!

Please forgive me Im nice really  Sad
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:28:49 »

DID I!!!  Eek

OMG Im so sorry!! I wasnt pissed off with you more the weather and my sodden Uggs and the fact my Heat magazine was wet!

Please forgive me Im nice really  Sad

Don't worry about it, I was just as pissed off with the weather as you!

Anyway, I'm used to women looking at me as if they are gonna punch me in the face anyway! Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:32:09 »

I still dunno what an ugg is?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:38:01 »

I still dunno what an ugg is?

It's a furry boot much loved by schoolgirls, and a few wrinklies who should know better.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 17:43:15 »

To be fair - as Peter Beardsley used to endless repeat as a sloppy mouthed mantra- Manatee looked up and picked out a perfect cross to Kanu-Robson last night only for the one-footed fool to shank it straight off his shin to trickle into the stands.

a ball at thigh height that's bending i don't think would've been the easiest to pop into the net, i think you're being a bit unfair

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:21:32 »

What a lot of shit being written about McNamee-easily our best player last night.3 superb crosses that should have led to goals(Kanu,Cox,Paynter) a superb sublime through ball which Cox should have buried.Fuck me if Beckham produces one quality cross in a game every cunt creams theirselves.Hes a league one player for fucks sake and I haven't seen a more talented one this season!Luxury player my arse.McGovern-that's what I call a luxury player,once decent cross every 5 games.Come on you Macca haters admit that every time he gets the ball at his feet,dont you just get the tiniest buzz?Rest of the team was shit though except Kanu(for about 20 mins in the first half)and Jack Smith.My team for Saturday would be;Brez,Amank,Greer,Morrison,Kennedy;Marshall,Easton,Smith,McNamee;Kanu,Cox----subs;Smith,Vincent,Paynter,Sturrock,Macklin.Fuck it!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:27:09 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2009, 19:25:03 »

I thought our best players last night were Smith, Macca and Kanu. Macca was easily the best of those three.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: