Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS3 Problems  (Read 3134 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 17:46:14 »

Cheers for this guys.

Don't worry too much Batch, I work in IT so have no problem getting hold of a SATA drive, was just a bit pissed about losing the data/saved games etc.  I have no problems in swapping it, but thanks for the vdeo anyway Jay!

I'll still try Sony tonight and hope they come up with something that we are unaware of.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 13:36:21 »

If you can stick the HDD in a PC you should be able to get the data files off it onto a pen drive...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 15:00:23 »

Removing the hard disk makes no difference and Sony are telling me it is a overheating problem and they will swap my console for £149, robbing bastards!

Mine is a 60gb version which apparently is well sought after.  Anyone have any contacts that can repair it cheaper?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 17:58:35 »

Overheating even though it's been turned off for days  and doesn't turn on. Interesting...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 19:18:58 »

Overheating even though it's been turned off for days  and doesn't turn on. Interesting...
Could be if for example a key cooling component has failed (fan knackered, heatsink come loose etc) - some components will overheat more or less immediately without cooling. At least I had a CPU that the heatsink came loose off and it overheated pretty much as soon as I turned the PC on. Stuck on a new one and it sorted it. But it does sound like bollocks, I think your HDD thing sounds far more likely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 19:23:10 »

Suppose so. Worth a second opinion mind!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 20:00:52 »

Suppose so. Worth a second opinion mind!
Hell, yes, as I'm almost certainly talking bollocks. Take it to an independent repair shop
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:10:03 »

Anyone know any independant repair shops for consoles?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 21:58:54 »

Was there a disc in it?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:01:05 »

camlab might do repairs.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 22:20:25 »

http://ps3.qj.net/Possible-PS3-flashing-red-light-fix-from-MXACE/pg/49/aid/75721

Possible solution.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:41:41 »

Was there a disc in it?

Yep!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:43:40 »

Take it you've tried the manual eject thing (hold down the button for 10 seconds)?

Although I'm not sure this will work if you can't turn it on.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:45:53 »

Yeah, I had read that and tried it today but it still did the 3 beeps thing when the hard disk wasn't in it!

I know the guys at Camlab so will ask the question, but I don't think they do.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 23:47:07 »

Take it you've tried the manual eject thing (hold down the button for 10 seconds)?

Although I'm not sure this will work if you can't turn it on.

No, that doesn't work unfortunately.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: