Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS3 Problems  (Read 3127 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:14:55 »

My PS3 turned itself off at the weekend and now just beeps 3 times before showing a red flashing light.  Have Googled it and there are a few suggestions out there about overheating and such, which is a load of bollocks as it was only on for about a minute.  Othere suggestions are a corruption on the hard disk and I need to remove power up re-install and try again, but I'm not so sure.

Has anyone else on here experienced this and if so how did you fix it?

I appreciate anyone's advice with this.

Cheers

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:27:44 »

If it's in warranty then take it back before opening it up.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:37:42 »

It's not!  Angry

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 09:40:06 »

Well, after trying to fix my Xbox 360 myself and fucking it up, I'd be of the opinion that you should pay someone who knows what they're doing. Otherwise you'll have yourself a nice expensive paperweight.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:27:11 »

ring sony.the number is on the playstation site or av forums will have it.they were very helpfull with me.nothing to lose by ringing them,they might replace the system for you?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:45:22 »

08705 998877  sony careline.i had the same problem but as mine was under a year old they replaced it.hardrive is fucked by the sounds of it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:50:23 »

If it were just the Hdd then it is a piece of piss to swap out yourself.

But unless you have a suitable spare lying around, how would you know that is the issue?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:53:37 »

i had the same problem batch,and the person on the end of the phone said it sounded like a corrupted harddrive.i'm not clued up at all in technical regards, but am advising on what i was told by the operator.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 11:55:23 »

i had the same problem batch,and the person on the end of the phone said it sounded like a corrupted harddrive.i'm not clued up at all in technical regards, but am advising on what i was told by the operator.

I wasn't doubting you!

I was telling Bernie a Hdd is a piece of piss to swap but a gamble unless he has a spare lying around anyway.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 12:06:26 »

no probs batch,i did think you were responding to me but it wasn't a bite.just explained why i gave the repsponse i did.
you are better at these things than me
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 14:11:37 »

Cheers guys, I'll give Sony a ring tonight and see what they say.

I'll keep you informed.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 16:49:34 »

Think you can get an external HDD for the PS3. Not that it would make a difference if your one is fucked. That's the only problem with the PS3. It's great having a built in HDD but when it's fucked so is your whole console in some ways. Watch our for the yellow light though. That means it's totally dead.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 17:07:29 »

It's only a standard SATA 40gb drive. You could probably pick one up on ebay for a tenner. Like others have said it's a piece of piss to fit. A mate of mine put a 200gb drive in his PS3.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 17:08:00 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 23, 2009, 17:37:20 »

It's only a standard SATA 40gb drive. You could probably pick one up on ebay for a tenner. Like others have said it's a piece of piss to fit. A mate of mine put a 200gb drive in his PS3.

It's made very clear in the manual how to do this, Sony have no issue with you doing so. Only issue is losing saved game data if it is an unscheduled swapout like this.

Bernie I'll have a look around to see if the Hdd I took out the PC is SATA or just IDE. If it is SATA you can try it if you like, only issue is I think it too is dying (hence it no longer being in the PC), but it might tell you something.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: