Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An easy 100% certain way to win promotion next season  (Read 2069 times)
Anonymous

« on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 16:40:22 »

I think that most people would agree that If Andy King has a strength then it is spotting a talented player. Sam Parkin, James Milner,Holmes just to name a few. Oparah,Fallon,(Well everyones allowed a mistake or two).

So bearing that in mind why dosent he just get  a whole new squad of 16 players on free transfers and sign them all on 1 year contracts and then at the end of next season just let them walk away under the Bosman ruling if they want. Then just get 16 new players again for the next season and carry on like this. Given Kings record of signing players the result of this would be that we would have an interesting squad made up of about half no hopers and half great players. Which is probably better than what we have now.

I think this is a good plan which is suitable to football in the modern era where players dont have much loyalty to a particular club and can leave at the end of their contracts for nothing. In a sense we could be a new type of club that is above all this Bosman ruling/player power rubbish and just say to players we only want you for a year and if your crap you can fuck off and if your good you can fuck off somewhere better well done.

When you consider the number of good young players that will be released by Premiership/division 1 sides and add to that a couple of loan players and an old Tommy Mooney type player or two for a bit of experience. Using this plan how could we possibly fail to get promotion.

The next step is for Andy King to get rid of as much of the dead wood as possible that we have at the moment and start with a more or less blank canvass. Maybe there is something I have missed in this plan but sometimes I wonder why King makes this football management look so difficult.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 17:01:59 »

I would prefer an agency system, where you have no players at all, but rather audition them for a particular game.....so you might want a big white guy for hoofin and a headin at the back, for say the pantomime season of Dec and Jan.....so you hire one from the agency who have to cover all the costs of NI, kit etc.

You might want an outside left adept at diving and pie eating so you hire one for a few games until teh fans are bored with him when you replace with the quick black player etc.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 17:11:11 »

Both excellent ideas, it looks like we are heading in this direction. :smile1:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 19, 2005, 17:21:58 »

I would like a forward who could do the Lua Lua....Julius Agahowa flips when he scores,  I was dead envious of Spireites fans having that Tcham N'Toya.....so much better than the gay homoerotic stuff.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 16:43:34 »

We are heading in this direction if everyone is signed on 1 year deals now, that must mean that practically every player at the club will be out of contract next summer (including all new signings).

I'm with the School Playground selection process.  All footballers are grouped together and every Manager just picks one at a time (worst team starts).  Could make it a little more suitable for finances by grouping the players according to value/cost.  We could even save some money and use jumpers for goalposts and forget about throwin's.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 16:53:12 »

Daisy would always be the last one to get picked.
STFCDude

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 17:55:56 »

even over that guy that souness signed!?  The one who claimed to be george weahs cousin or something!?  Poor Daisy, thinking 'bout it, he still would be last!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 18:48:23 »

doesnt the fat kid usually get picked last anyhoo (Howard!!)
alex

« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 22:17:25 »

daisy wouldn't even be allowed to play, he wouldn't get picked.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 16:47:01 »

He would just get put in goal. I remember how the worst kid was always in goal, then if there was a penalty somebody better (ie older) went in goal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 16:58:19 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
He would just get put in goal. I remember how the worst kid was always in goal, then if there was a penalty somebody better (ie older) went in goal.

This was only last week though surely.  Bet Johno  claims the posts for pens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: