Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80970 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 16:03:55 »

Excellent news Batch! Looks like things are picking up in the world of the TEF.

not really. just had a staff meeting that there will be roughly 20 redundancies in the midlands (we have two offices with a total of 60ish people) and i've been informed i'm in the pool to be made redundant. got to have an interview on friday to go through my role etc but redundancies will happen within two weeks and also close our other office in Litchfield and move people to Birmingham.

not looking good Sad

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 16:06:07 »

Very, very happy for you, Batch.

Jonny - darkest part of the night immediately before the dawn etc.  I hope it works out for you soon.  Most of the economic indicators seem to be pointing in the right direction now, at last, so fingers crossed...the situation for anyone without a job now should hopefully be a little less daunting than it was 12 months ago.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 16:29:35 »

Glad you're back in the saddle.

So are you confident on the outlook for the industry, Phil?  Personally, I'm wondering whether a period of stagnation (or even moderate falls) when it comes to house prices would be a good thing.  The market seems to be perking up at last, but the last thing we need is for another bubble to inflate and to go through the convulsions of the last few years all over again.  There are signs that the ultra-low interest rates of the last year (which I know have personally benefited from to the tune of £000s) may be doing just that.

The low interest rates are whats killing me! I have loads of customers who have come to the end of their deals & are now on the Standard Variable Rate.
My advice to them is generally that rates will eventually rise & to get on a fixed rates before then, but in the meantime stay where they are & benefit from the low rates & over pay the mortgage.
I also have a few first time buyers, who have been increasing their deposits as much as possible as the rates for them from the lenders with anything less than 15% deposit is crap. (Worst than they were in some cases than when the base rate was 5.5%). The reimposition of stampduty above £125 k won't help either.
So the business is there but in the meantime nobody is doing anything & I don't get paid until or unless they do !
As for the housing market I think a lot of what is keeping the prices up is the small number of houses actually on the market. Sellers are also reluctant to accept offers that are dramatically lower.

From the Dark Side
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 16:42:21 »

not really. just had a staff meeting that there will be roughly 20 redundancies in the midlands (we have two offices with a total of 60ish people) and i've been informed i'm in the pool to be made redundant. got to have an interview on friday to go through my role etc but redundancies will happen within two weeks and also close our other office in Litchfield and move people to Birmingham.

not looking good Sad

Aagh shit, not good. Sorry to hear that.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 18:34:31 »

Good luck triseros.

I appear to have stuffed my latest and best opportunity at interview stage since being made redundant. Shame as it looked interesting.

Makes me wonder if there is any point to job hunting anymore. Got to keep at it for the sake of the family.

Cheers mate, it's a scary world out there but have just had an offer of working in the US on a consultancy basis so have to decide between doing the pitch and earning stupid money... it's a tough choice...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 14:02:30 »

well i'm being made redundant. got a letter this morning and having a meeting this afternoon to go through it etc.

Happy fucking days Sad

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 14:31:03 »

Bad luck dude xx
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 15:10:21 »

Hope things get better Magic...

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 15:34:22 »

Sorr to hear that, magic.  Hope they give you reasonable redundancy terms (and therefore some breathing space).
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:02:30 »

Thats shit. Im having serious fucking pressure put on me at the moment, fuck the fact i fill the club every week, its not filling up til 1am and they want it full from 11.30. greedy cunts. Not sure how much longer I can piss around with these people. They took 8 fucking grand on the bar saturday but thats not enough!!!

Fuck the man.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:18:39 »

I'm down in Brighton 19th,20th, got anything good on? I'm guarenteed to start early!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:23:16 »

Thats tough Magic, sorry to hear that. Especially with little'un coming soon
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:27:47 »

I'm down in Brighton 19th,20th, got anything good on? I'm guarenteed to start early!

Come to my new club night on the 19th, you will love it, im even djing for a bit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #778 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:28:17 »

Hard luck Magic, I have a mate who's got a kid on the way and will probably lose his job too. Hope you can sort something out.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 17:57:40 »

Thats shit. Im having serious fucking pressure put on me at the moment, fuck the fact i fill the club every week, its not filling up til 1am and they want it full from 11.30. greedy cunts. Not sure how much longer I can piss around with these people. They took 8 fucking grand on the bar saturday but thats not enough!!!

Fuck the man.

My job was done by four people two years ago....i am bolloxed most of the time.

Things are hard and the bosses know it.........go on, turn the handle a couple more times...i love pressure!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: