Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: McNamee  (Read 10488 times)
FlashGordon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:12:25 »

Meant to post this after the game on sunday, did anyone else notice something a bit strange in his pre match warm up? I was there on my todd so just thought id watch us warm up and McNamee caught my eye - the starting 11 were off doing keep ball etc...the keepers were going through their paces and then the subs were just messing around playing keepy up and and having a joke together - looked like good team spirit even Byrne was involved...all the subs joined in bar McNamee who just wondered round the pitch on his own with a ball. Not really doing anything and just didnt look part of anything going on.

Looked like he was in a massive sulk after being dropped? Either way didnt look like he wanted to be there in the slightest

Come on YOU REDS!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:17:11 »

Maybe he didn't get what he wanted from Santa?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:18:45 »

being an elf at christmas time is hard work, perhaps he's tired?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:19:19 »

Noticed that...i thaught he was a ball boy,obviously packed with talent hes in danger of dissapearing without trace,i honestly see him dropping down the lgs if thing dont improve,he looks brilliant at times,ime hoping DW gets the talent out of him hes obviously got.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:19:51 »

Against Yeovil he went straight down the tunnel after being subbed, and I did see him warming up alone too. I did see Byrne go over to him and give him a chat and a pat on the shoulder in the warm-up, though Macca didn't look very happy at all. Saying that, he did put in quite a lot of effort when he came on, so I don't think he wants to leave, he just wants to play every game. Wilson gave him a good mention in his post match interview, so I think Wilson will play him regularly. He has to stop the step-overs though!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:33:02 »

If McNamee "disappears without trace" that will be mis-management at its worst.I dont care how many step-overs he does,If I was not a Town fan,Macca's the only Town player I would pay to see.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:35:15 »

Also noticed it to,I hope he dont go down the same road Leon Knight went down.The step overs annoy me at times, he's way to predictable now,he's got bag's of pace why don't he just skin the defender or cut inside him,going by some poolies i would think Macca will be a regular starter.

He's the type of player who would fit in with DWs style of play.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:44:25 »

You'd say that, but I saw a Hartlepool fan moaning that DW dropped their most creative player. Mind you, he was talking about Monkhouse who was a bit more robust/less spectacular.

No doubt about it, an on song Macca wins games. But sometimes a struggling team needs more meat in midfield. Mind you, Sunday was crying out for Macca long before he came on.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:52:57 »

I really don't understand this sudden backlash against MacNamee.  He is without doubt a match winner, can't remember to many people slagging off Mark Walters when he used to do his step overs.

MacNamee's problem is he doesn't get in to matches enough, but that's not all his fault, he needs his team mates to feed him the ball, in home games especially most full backs can't handle him.  I also think he puts in a number of decent crosses and it's not really his fault our forwards/midfielders don't get on the end of them.

We should be supporting this lad to the hilt not criticising him because he tries a few tricks to get the better of his opponent.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 11:58:38 »

i don't think there's anyone who would hand on heart suggest we can do without him. he does, as everyone has said, need to learn about the quick whipped in ball when he's within 15 yards of the touchline. i don't think him slowing the ball up helps at all, especially as most teams know about him and double up...so he's got even less of a gap to put the ball through!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 12:03:52 »

I really don't understand this sudden backlash against MacNamee.  He is without doubt a match winner, can't remember to many people slagging off Mark Walters when he used to do his step overs.

MacNamee's problem is he doesn't get in to matches enough, but that's not all his fault, he needs his team mates to feed him the ball, in home games especially most full backs can't handle him.  I also think he puts in a number of decent crosses and it's not really his fault our forwards/midfielders don't get on the end of them.

We should be supporting this lad to the hilt not criticising him because he tries a few tricks to get the better of his opponent.

Im not criticising jan,all i was getting at he's become a bit to predictable,he would be the first name on my team sheet.I just think he's got the pace to beat defender's,whether it be go around them or cut inside.

Opposition manager's only have to watch him and see what his game is,In my opinion he need's to change his game plan a bit so he's less predictable.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 12:16:45 »

Wasn't picking out your comments in particular Russ, just I've noticed a few comments cropping up over the last couple of weeks where he seems to be getting a bit of stick, that's all fella.
Amir

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 12:18:58 »

I was sat behind what I assume was his Dad and Brother on Saturday.  After one of Kanyuka's interesting headers, the Dad shouted 'Pussyclot', which is a word I never thought I'd hear in an English league ground!  Grin
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 12:23:07 »

Wasn't picking out your comments in particular Russ, just I've noticed a few comments cropping up over the last couple of weeks where he seems to be getting a bit of stick, that's all fella.

Paranoia setting in i think.
Dozno9

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 12:32:47 »

His position has come under threat from our poor back 4. If he was protected a little more behind him then he could concentrate on going forward, at the moment he's getting dragged inside and back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: