Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Fitton Incompetent?  (Read 16454 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:51:33 »

"Yeah Fitton is shite and the rest of them. Let's bring back Diamond Mike......"

That is precisely the kind of pithy comment we can do without.

Yes the last board were the worst board in the history of the universe; no one would disagree with that.

But all that means is that the current board is somewhere between the best and second-worst board in the universe.

Which should not be a reason to attempt to stifle debate.

This board is the best we've had for years. They actually run this football club properly. I'm not going to go on and attempt to reason my argument because I don't need to. It's fucking obvious.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:53:27 »

This board is the best we've had for years. They actually run this football club properly. I'm not going to go on and attempt to reason my argument because I don't need to. It's fucking obvious.

I concur.
flammableBen

« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:55:39 »

"Think this is one oe the morons db was talking about"

Prey which of my points do you consider moronic? I am interested.

This could be an interesting thread. Fitton isn't above criticism.

Not that I'm sticking up for you gasha, you're not helping either. There have been good responses to your original post, do you agree with them?

(I agree with the sentiment but...) Then what's the point of your post then. If it's that obvious you might as well put your reasoning down. Sounds bad otherwise.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:00:40 »

Ifind it all moronic to be honest mate
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:01:16 »

Its the best weve had for years....but its got alot to learn as is to be expected with a board with no previous experience at this level.
It was obvious from day one that we wouldnt sell 6000 tiks when they appointed Malpass.
It was obvious alot of people would defult payment on them if we were playing poorly.
And its obvious when you sack a manager you have a replacement lined up or at least a plan of action.
So i concur that ime very happy with the board but very unhappy at being fifth from bottom.
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:01:52 »

"This board is the best we've had for years."

Mr Bhaji, I wonder if you are confusing "best" with "richest".

A group of very rich dudes have saved STFC from oblivion, yes, but the two questions that spring to mind are a)  should we always be happy whatever the results on the field because "we nearly went bust", and b) does that make the board above criticism?

My guess is the current owners themselves would say no) and no)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:02:42 »

(I agree with the sentiment but...) Then what's the point of your post then. If it's that obvious you might as well put your reasoning down. Sounds bad otherwise.

Fair point Ben. I think it's fucking obvious this is the best board we have had in years. Sadly people like Gasha1 obviously don't know that. Needless to say as pointless as it was i couldn't really be arsed to explain.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:06:20 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:05:29 »

"Ifind it all moronic to be honest mate"

I am not sure dismissing a complete intellectual standpoint as moronic suffices to prove ones point. Please do go on...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:06:53 »

I like new Bart. He makes an effort.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:07:56 »

To expect every comment to be a full-length argument was wishful thinking gasha1.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:08:27 »

does that make the board above criticism?

My guess is the current owners themselves would say no) and no)

I'd say that too. But that is a long way from being incompetent.

They got the Malpas appointment wrong. They have taken a long time to appoint his successor. No more no less.

gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:08:32 »

"(I agree with the sentiment but...) Then what's the point of your post then. If it's that obvious you might as well put your reasoning down. Sounds bad otherwise."

Totally fair point.

I am thinking "Emperors New Clothes" here.

Should the above board be above criticism because they saved the club or is this another false dawn?

What do people feel about the decline on the field over the last year? Should the board share the blame?

I am simply wondering what my fellow supporters think
Spanish Flair

« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:12:34 »

Is Fitton competent - simple answer... Absolutely...!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:13:18 »

Yeah Jeremy Wray should be out there heading corners away.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 22:14:23 »

The thing is Gasha,if you go to Maidstone,Barrow,Southport,Wimbledon,Workington and dare i say Oxford then there fans would be over the moon with our board,because the first thing about running a club is getting things right off field,,its no good being top of the lge if you go bust,as i stated earlier Fitton has admitted to making mistakes,the new board will make plenty more before this club is a success...i will be around to Swindon Town FC play in the football league,i couldnt have thaught that before this new regime came in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: