Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richard Money Named Manager?  (Read 6936 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 09:29:14 »

If it ends up being someone out of work, it will probably be because we spent 3 weeks trying our best to get a decent employed person to either be released or interested in the job.  I see no problem with that.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:02:10 »

I feel like I need to defend myself slightly here!! I got in from work yesterday and my boyfriends dad called to say he had seen on Ceefax that this man was our new manager - I didnt know anything about it so text Gazz knowing he is the fountain of all wisdom!!  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 11:06:28 »

i dont mind losing as much when it looks like the players are giving 100%
So it's just drawing when they're doing their best that makes you go over the edge? Smiley

That aside, you're right - get on with it. I'm glad they're taking the time to make sure it's the right appointment and all that, but FFS, they elect US presidents quicker than this*

* No they don't actually, deliberately exaggerating for effect
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 13:31:11 »

But According to the WDP:

Swindon Town have narrowed down their search for a new manager to four candidates and could have a new man in place by the start of next week.
The board are set to speak to the quartet on Wednesday and Town chairman Andrew Fitton is hoping to bring an end to the month-long search for a successor to Maurice Malpas before heading back to America on business next Monday.
The Daily Press understands that former Walsall manager Richard Money is on the list of candidates to be interviewed – but reports that the Newcastle academy director is to be appointed this week are believed to be premature.
Sources at the County Ground have also indicated that former Wales international and current Sheffield United midfielder Gary Speed is not among the candidates and that ex-Derby boss Billy Davies is one of a number of former Championship managers – who have been sounded out by Town – not interested in dropping down to League One.
Former Bristol Rovers boss Ian Holloway, ex-Cheltenham manager John Ward and former Swindon players Martin Ling and Colin Calderwood, now in charge at Leyton Orient and Nottingham Forest respectively, are among other names being linked with the post.
Caretaker boss David Byrne has indicated he would also like the job – although his chances receded further when Carlisle skipper Paul Thirlwell extended Town's winless run to nine games with an 88th-minute equaliser to deny Swindon a win at the County Ground on Saturday.
"My name is in the hat, but this is a results business," said Byrne, whose latest spell in charge has yielded four draws and a defeat.
"I have only lost one game in 12 when I have been in charge but it's another draw.
"Whoever gets the job, whether it is me, Ian Holloway, John Ward or whoever, they will have a great bunch of lads to work with.
"We should have had three points but we are not too far away, and I will carry on until further notice, until I am told otherwise."
Defender Jack Smith said the players are trying to put the speculation out of their minds as they look to turn the results around.
"We just get our heads down and get on with it," said Smith. "We are trying to do our best for Budgie (Byrne) at the moment."

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 14:58:43 »

I for one am against the appointment of Richard Money.

As everyone knows, Money can't bring you happiness.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:09:47 »

... but it does make the world go around...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:11:54 »

Can we have a seperate thread just for all these lame jokes??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:17:41 »

I for one am against the appointment of Richard Money.

As everyone knows, Money can't bring you happiness.

I'm not talking about him. He never buys a round when it's his turn.

Money's too tight to mention.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:34:14 »

Money's too tight to mention.

I'm sure someone used that one yesterday, or I may have imagined it. I did have the song in my head all evening. I hate Mick Hucknall.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:38:50 »

Oh money money money money.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:46:49 »

Would he have Peter Coyne as his number 2?

When you're smiling.........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 15:52:08 »

I'm sure someone used that one yesterday, or I may have imagined it. I did have the song in my head all evening. I hate Mick Hucknall.

Everyone hates Mick Hucknall.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 16:02:42 »

My mum doesn't. I'd even go so far as saying she's mildly in love with him.
nochee

« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 16:17:25 »

I do, complete ginger twat. IMO
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 8, 2008, 16:42:08 »

I do, complete ginger twat. IMO

What's axs got to do with this thread?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print