Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Attendence short fall this year  (Read 5086 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:15:47 »

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/pdf/gates.pdf

(From the Trust site)

Old ground I know but makes for shocking reading .

All bar 2 games home figures down by loads.I knew it was bad but this really brings it home.Now tell me its not at least in part the prices.

/
W56196272
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:18:18 »

looking at it the QPR/Plymouth and Brighton going up was a bit of a mare but even city brought half what they did the previous season. We're getting a bad rep for the ticket prices now  :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:19:57 »

Not the point Whits its down 1000 plus on HOME figures alone.

/
W56196272
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:32:50 »

But you do have to take note of the away fans.

The fact that we haven't played many local teams has severely affected attendances.

Not only are the away ticket sales down, but home fans are often encouraged to turn up if there is a derby game and we haven't had one recently. Hopefull next season Yeovil, Swansea and Gillingham atleast will be fruitful attendances, and hopefully we can take loads to their places!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:36:54 »

No you dont! it has home and away figures listed.Yes the away figures are down but the HOME figures are down by 1000+

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 19:45:52 »

[/b]HOME FAN AVERAGE last season - 6946.13

HOME FAN AVERAGE this season - 5351.26

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 20:01:01 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

But those figures were skewed by the 24, 000 Wendys fans who infiltrated the home areas when we playeed them last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 22:58:54 »

Shows that success brings in more fans....

Well I hope this decrease was what the board were trying to achieve when they raised prices last season :roll:
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 23:08:21 »

It's all very well comparing this season with last season but as last seasons average was a near 50% rise on the year before ticket prices clearly aren't the only factor and being in the playoffs for the second half of the season accounts for the majority of that difference.

If the trust want to do a proper comparison they should look at the average attendances of the last 4 years or so and base there calculations on that.

I agree that ticket prices are too high but looking at the accounts that have just been published the last time prices were put up there was a significant increase in ticket revenue from £1,101,351 to £1,247,830 despite a fall in the average attendance of around 500.

Although a decrease in ticket prices would please the fans and may bring some back it's not necessarily going to lead to higher revenues and we can't afford to assume that.

In assuming that the fall in attendances is basically all down to ticket prices the trust are being as unrealistic as the board, if there's any chance of the board taking them seriously they need to consider how much of the drop is down to ticket prices and how much is for other reasons.

I'd estimate without the other factors a £2 increase probably causes a drop of around 400 or so but there's also the bad PR having so many fans complaining of the prices and decreased revenues from merchandising to consider.

I'd like to see the trust do a much wider study into the ticket price issue to get a truer estimate of the costs and benefits of changing ticket prices and work out what's realistically our best option.
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 08:59:59 »

fair points there BWB
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 09:13:00 »

yep, its not just to do with ticket prices, play-offs had a massive effect last season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 09:23:13 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

Easy, less 'casual' (pay on the day) support since season ticket sales were up.

As said, when we are in the top 6 consistantly people will begrudgingly pay £21/£23. Flirt just outside/mid table then they won't, or rather they become more selective in choosing games. Unfortunately those people may conclude there are better ways to spend money on a Saturday and come less and less often.

The problem we have now is I can't see us matching last years season ticket sales which were inflated due to good insentives and a successful campaign. Couple that with a mediocre campaign, high match day ticket prices and the prospect of a completely new squad we'll be lucky to hold on to a 5351 average next year.

Now I realise this is gloomy, but I can't see anything else.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 09:43:00 »

I'm sure you'll be right there Batch.......we do have the prospect of a few better away followings this year.....with Forest, Yeovil and Swansea.....would be good to lose H/pool and keep Wednesday.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:04:35 »

The Bristol City debacle didn't help.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 13:08:19 »

Nor the Sheff Wednesday....next season it may well be us getting the international call ups :shock:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: