Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259557 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:14:06 »

My Forest supporting mate has never forgiven Platt for his stint at Forest. There's a reason he'd not had a job since!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #511 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:17:15 »

Quite. They must love/loved his tactics column in FourFourTwo.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:40:53 »

Just to take this thread back further - does anyone know what exactly AF is looking for in a manager?  With Malpas's appointment I assumed he was looking for a manager who would build on the youth set-up & develop first team players from within.  Malpas has a good coaching record with Dundee United & later during his sojourn as no.2 to Terry Butcher at Motherwell.  He also coached the Scotland U-21 team with some degree of success. AF was hoping that he could make the transition to manager & head honcho, despite his poor record as manager at Motherwell.  I thought that over time he might do just that. Although I never met him or spoke to him he seemed committed & dedicated.  Shame it didn't work out for him
So is AF looking for a similar appointment or has his focus changed?  It seems to me that he's looking for a motivator, an inspirer with perhaps a better grasp of tactics. The attributes reportedly being sought suggest that these qualities have a higher profile than they did previously.  I'm sure (as has been said many times on this thread & others) that who ever is appointed will please some & disappoint others.  The successful candidate will almost certainly have some blots on his managerial record but I'm sure most town fans will support him & judge him on his team's performances & his record at the County Ground. I shall be especially pleased if it's a 'name' but provided he can get the team playing football on the deck, sort out the shambles that is the defence & get us climbing the table I shall be happy enough.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:44:55 »

Question.

Would reading this 35 pages give me a clue of who our new manager will be?

/
W56196272
land_of_bo

« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:47:12 »

All this talk of "he" and "him"

Perhaps the "blow your socks off" option is Cherie Lunghi?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:48:49 »

There is a small chance that our new manager who has yet to be appointed gets at least a mention in this thread somewhere
Rich Pullen

« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:49:14 »

Question.

Would reading this 35 pages give me a clue of who our new manager will be?

Answer.

Of course not.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:55:16 »

What if ...

AF appoints a mystery manager who wears an iron mask like the Count of Monte Christo was it? Or if that's too ridiculous or uncomfortable maybe a leather mask like Kendo Nagasaki, and he or she (the mystery manager that is) keeps it on until the end of the season so we can spend from now until next May trying to guess who he or she is. It could work as long as we don't lose so that the opposition manager gets carried away and puts our man or woman in a boston crab and tears the mask off, thereby bringing to an end the longest running rumour thread ever.
nochee

« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:56:18 »

Attention!!! Peter Beardsly just checked in to the De vere at west swindon.

Why???
Rich Pullen

« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:57:31 »

Panto?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:58:18 »

Because the Hilton was full?
land_of_bo

« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:58:32 »

Panto?

Smiley

Is Hunchback of Notre Dame on at The Wyvern?
nochee

« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 21:59:29 »

Panto?

Oh no then that means that Barry twat from Eastenders is our new manager  Doh
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 22:00:19 »

... and Beardsley's been wearing his ugly mask for years.
spacey

« Reply #524 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 22:04:05 »

Your use of punctuation hurt my eyes, I then actually read the post and nearly stabbed myself in the pupils. Nice work.

That was indeed nice work. Keep it up maguire and hopefully Dave will cut his hands off aswell.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: