Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 259525 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 13:08:05 »

you start your post off by saying you want someone with a track record then suggest Clough, Fallon & Beck!?

I want someone crap so I can moan, had enough of this getting behind the manager rubbish.

Beck was successfull a long time ago with cambridge (im talking Hoddle era!!), but he's very long ball route 1.
fatbury

« Reply #391 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 13:11:26 »

A track record in the lower league - even if it is Conference is acceptable as long as its a really good record .. Im talking track record as a good manager with little or no resources
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #392 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 13:49:04 »

How will it prevent Fitton doing his job ? am I missing something ? Does Fitton use the forums to interview his potential managers ?

Post of the month!
DMR

« Reply #393 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 14:48:57 »

you start your post off by saying you want someone with a track record then suggest Clough, Fallon & Beck!?

I want someone crap so I can moan, had enough of this getting behind the manager rubbish.

I ain't being funny DV but we've all got THE FUCKING POINT. Please please please stop posting every fucking little post in this fucking pretend-Bart manner, everyone with half a brain got the point months ago and those without a brain ain't gonna change their mind cos you're going on like a stuck record.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 15:20:47 »

I ain't being funny DV but we've all got THE FUCKING POINT. Please please please stop posting every fucking little post in this fucking pretend-Bart manner, everyone with half a brain got the point months ago and those without a brain ain't gonna change their mind cos you're going on like a stuck record.

Thanks for the lack-of-Comedy heads up early on there. 

You were spot on by the way, not the slightest bit of humour at all
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 15:24:33 »

I can assure you I am being deadly serious.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:27:38 »

He spoken to Hoddle. I would be delighted with him, finish off a job he started.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:29:33 »

No, he's spoken to Hoddle for advice, not about taking the job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:31:39 »

what if hoddles advice is 'hire me'

but if he is talking to hoddle, he is bound to mention his mate Gorman.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:36:26 »

What? Oh my god. That web page hasn't changed since it was first linked to from this thread about six hours ago. Amazing!

Sorry noob. I didn't mean it really.  Hug
« Last Edit: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:41:16 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:37:38 »

C'mon, be easy on the newbie.

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:38:13 »

what if hoddles advice is 'hire me'

but if he is talking to hoddle, he is bound to mention his mate Gorman.

good.then we can hire the pair of them again
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 16:42:13 »

...I hope DMR doesnt shout at me but I really wouldnt want that.

Hoddle has been out of management a fairly long time now and never really did well for the likes of Southampton, Spurs or Wolves. Gorman has never cut it on his own.

It would be a case of going backwards and they'd never in a million years have the same success here. Be great for nostalgia reasons....but no thank you
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 17:01:20 »

Is there a reason why Fitton decided to talk to Hoddle about the vacancy? Is there some history between them? Do they know each other? Does Hoddle really care about Swindon still? Any reason at all?

I'm not aware of any, so why talk to Hoddle rather than probably 100 other people he could of gone to instead?

Fitton has thought outside the box before, so what about if he's trying to do a deal with Hoddle coming to the club as manager and running his academy for released youngsters from the club at the same time? It would actually make a lot of sense, as Swindon would get first option on any of them that turn it round.

Even better if Gorman comes back as well. I'm sure everyone will disagree but I reckon Gorman was the last manager that had Swindon playing decent, attacking and attractive football. Sure the results weren't good towards the end but at least the games were worth going to.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 17:03:24 »

Assuming Hoddle still worships at the alter of 3-5-2, Fitton would have to promise him the budget to completely overhaul the squad in January as we simply don't have the players.

I've done it again, haven't I? Hoddle is not in the running and never was, just like Pearce.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: