Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 125   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 120+ pages. It may give you Sheena Easton's icey black heart. Can you manage it?  (Read 260823 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:03:27 »

Sanchez is the only one who I DO NOT WANT AS MANAGER others have got sketchy records but I would happily accept them, but I cannot forgive or forget how Sanchez played for us during his time here.

I do not think he is someone that would be instantly accepted by the fan's, most other managers would regardless of record.

Let's hope it is Pearce

Good post, spot on.
deltaincline

« Reply #331 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:45:17 »

I think Sanchez would be as unpopular as Malpas, given his history. A couple of shit performances and plenty would just pile into him possibly starting another downward spiral which we could do without. It could go the other way, but is it worth risking after the Malpas fiasco?

I think Fitton knows from reading the forums exactly the type of manager the fans want. We may be divided by  some of the fine details, but someone with a good track record, with some bollocks to shake the place up a bit and to provide some leadership and desire for fans and players alike would be a good start.

Holloway, Pearce, Curbishly, Pardew = fit the bill.

Sanchez, Ward = Fuck off.

Allardyce, Keegan, Hoddle = Nice idea, but ain't going to happen.

Atkinson = STOP IT. NOW!

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:58:31 »

My feeling is Keown
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:02:30 »

I think Sanchez would be as unpopular as Malpas, given his history. A couple of shit performances and plenty would just pile into him possibly starting another downward spiral which we could do without. It could go the other way, but is it worth risking after the Malpas fiasco?

I think Fitton knows from reading the forums exactly the type of manager the fans want. We may be divided by  some of the fine details, but someone with a good track record, with some bollocks to shake the place up a bit and to provide some leadership and desire for fans and players alike would be a good start.

Atkinson = STOP IT. NOW!

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonic youth

« Reply #334 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:10:31 »

reg's ultra negative posts are great. it's like he's trying to outdo bart.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:18:07 »

Atkinson = STOP IT. NOW!

I agree with this.....

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:21:06 »

I dont Curbishley and Pardew in the realistic list?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:31:14 »

My feeling is Keown
Ive been saying that, think it could be an ok appointmnet

nochee

« Reply #338 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 22:37:16 »

Im loving this thread!!!

The names that are being thrown about are brilliant!! I also like the fact that there is NO concrete evidence of a name of a person that will be our next manager, but we are bickering like school kids.

I was quite young when we appointed Ardiles but old enough to know that he was/is a footballing legend. I could not believe it when he joined us at our small club. I was older when Hoddle joined but still i was amazed when little Swindon could bring in a genius like him.

Please Mr Fitton bring in the right man for the job. Yes a BiG name would be exciting but if my next door neighbour applied and was succseful and started winning more games than we lost then i would be smiling from ear to ear. Please just appoint someone who will bring some glory back to our small, drab, wanky little town.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 23:21:18 »

I notice Lawrie Sanchez was on fighting talk this morning, following on from Ian Holloway a few weeks ago, they seem to be doing their best to identify our next manager.

We should bring in Bob Mills really.
fatbury

« Reply #340 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 08:38:43 »

Wont be installed until 10th December!!!

Which means MORE BYRNE!!! When will Fitton learn Byrne is half the reason we are where we are ..

he ends up giving him 5 games in charge ... so far 3 points out of 12 ... relegation form

then he suggests the new manager will be working alongside Byrne ... I despair!!

Mr Fitton - GET RID of BYRNE .. GET RID OF WILLIAMS ... if you wish to leave League 1 for League 2 then leave them there ...

Particularly annoyed as I am cannot make Yeovil or Brighton matches due to other engagements .. and I will miss the new managers opening games Sad
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #341 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 08:49:37 »

Where does he say they will work alongside byrne?? He doesn't
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 08:51:08 »

Aw cock, Pearce hasn't applied and hasn't been approached.

Fitton said he would be willing to discuss the vacant manager’s post with Pearce “out of respect,” but has assured supporters there has been no contact between himself and the Wiltshire-based coach.

“We did not think of Stuart for no other reason than we did not think of him,” said Fitton. “I can tell you he has not applied either.
kaufman

« Reply #343 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 09:28:12 »

The blow your socks off candidate was....

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Swindon-Town-wanted-Joe-Kinnear-new-manager/article-512486-detail/article.html
lambourn red

« Reply #344 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 09:33:13 »

I got told again that David O'Leary is one of the blow your socks off candidates, I dont even know what he has been doing since Villa. Just relaying what I was told by someone who has no need to just make something up and knows someone with some inside info.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 125   Go Up
Print
Jump to: