Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BNP Members List Leaked.  (Read 63037 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:35:26 »

Having considered it, I think the person who debated him best was Bonnie Greer, which is telling as she was the only non politician there. She showed him a degree of respect he probably didn't deserve but also made points that he couldn't answer and challenged him on his version of history. I'd vote for her any day.

Sadly, I feel Jack Straw was awful. Opening diatribe, whilst too long, was fine as it made the obvious point, but he seemed so set on repeating that point he hardly made any useful contributions to the debate thereafter.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:38:49 »

Having considered it, I think the person who debated him best was Bonnie Greer, which is telling as she was the only non politician there. She showed him a degree of respect he probably didn't deserve but also made points that he couldn't answer and challenged him on his version of history. I'd vote for her any day.

Very valid point Nemo. Also, as a black American, she soon put him in his place in regards to the 'non-violent' Ku Klux Klan !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:39:24 »

I haven't seen it yet but was it basically abuse aimed at Griffin by numpties ther than sensible political questions that should have been asked?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:43:45 »

FWIW very few people vote BNP

They picked up nearly a million votes in the last Euro elections,causing them to have 2 MEP's, and that was the reason they were invited on QT, which is proably around 4-5% of the adult voting population, but due to the fact that not many people went and voted, it was around 10% of the votes cast, which for a mainly racist party, is a scary amount.

BAZINGA !!

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 11:57:47 »

They picked up nearly a million votes in the last Euro elections,causing them to have 2 MEP's, and that was the reason they were invited on QT, which is proably around 4-5% of the adult voting population, but due to the fact that not many people went and voted, it was around 10% of the votes cast, which for a mainly racist party, is a scary amount.

It is but i'd imagine it was a protest vote on many peoples behalf. Let's be honest no one really cares about the Euro elections anyway. The real reason they were invited to QT was to raise BBC viewing figures.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 12:00:21 »

It is but i'd imagine it was a protest vote on many peoples behalf. Let's be honest no one really cares about the Euro elections anyway. The real reason they were invited to QT was to raise BBC viewing figures.

I agree it was more likely a protest vote, but they could've voted for the Green party if they wanted a protest vote against the current politicians.

BAZINGA !!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 12:04:44 »

It's more like 2 % of the electorate, which at a time of unprecedented cynicism with politics, the MP's expenses shizzle and a major economic recession, suggests they should be doing better.

Their overall vote dropped from 4 years ago.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 12:08:34 »

I agree it was more likely a protest vote, but they could've voted for the Green party if they wanted a protest vote against the current politicians.

Most people are pissed off at immigration rather then exo friendly polices though. I think it was a fair gauge of how pissed off people are with our main parties in this country these days because let's face it all 3 are pretty useless.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 12:11:40 »

Griffin is a big fat toad - Loving Dimblebys tie though! very jazzy!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 12:56:23 »

It's more like 2 % of the electorate, which at a time of unprecedented cynicism with politics, the MP's expenses shizzle and a major economic recession, suggests they should be doing better.

Their overall vote dropped from 4 years ago.
Bang on - they had a major opportunity to really break through over the summer, more or less perfect circumstances for a far-right protest/scapegoat party, and they fucked it up. They didn't increase their base at all from four years ago, they only won anything because of low turnouts in the Euros and they lost ground in local councils. If Griffin poncing about Brussels is their high watermark, they've had their chance and fucked it. Much like last night really.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 13:45:08 »

Just watched QT and was pleased with Griffins buffoonery levels.

Interesting that today after the event and unprecedented opportunity given to him Griffin and the BNP are going to raise a formal complaint against the BBC for what they consider to have been a stitch up !? Did he really not see that coming and seriously expected to find wholesale support for his ramblings on the panel or in the audience ?

Agree though that the panel were poor aside from Bonnie Greer and probably the audience were the most worth listening to !
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 14:46:13 »

Interesting that today after the event and unprecedented opportunity given to him Griffin and the BNP are going to raise a formal complaint against the BBC for what they consider to have been a stitch up !? Did he really not see that coming and seriously expected to find wholesale support for his ramblings on the panel or in the audience ?

Fully agree on that. What was he expecting an easy ride?

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 15:00:37 »

I didn't watch it and have no intention of watching it, I gave up on it a long time ago as I was sick of the constant slanging matches between the major parties rather than there being any serious political debate - which pretty much sums up politics in the UK today.

From what people have said it sounds like it wasn't a regular QT and most of it was spent bashing the BNP. You might say this was to be expected, but by allowing the format and content to change the BBC were asking for trouble. A complaint from the BNP was inevitable and unfortunately they've got a good point, I imagine there will be more to come on this.

Whether you like the BNP or not, as long as they keep within the rules and people vote for them in substantial numbers they have to be given coverage - that right and obligation is fundamental to democracy. You can't pick or choose the rules just because you don't agree with someone, no matter how sickening you find them. Its exactly the same as in the Middle East, the West encourages democracy and then gets pissed when someone gets elected that they don't like.

If people want the BNP to disappear you need to look at the reasons why people vote for them and do something about it. A lot of people are unhappy with the current immigration policies and the present government has done pretty much nothing to address those concerns. The longer the key issues go unaddressed, the longer the BNP will be with us and the stronger it will get.

Still, some good has come out of it. QT had far more viewers than normal and its triggered a political debate on here, neither of which is a bad thing given the current level of disinterest in politics in the UK.

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 15:15:33 »

griffin made himself look a tosser for sure,but so did the others apart from the non mp.
he was cut off mid sentence time and time again.didn't get the opportunity to finish and i felt that was wrong.
straw and the asian woman(yes i would)dodged the very few questions asked of them.it's all well and good trying to make someone look bad, but pathetic to then dodge the very few times you are put on the spot.

labour are to blame for the rise of the bnp because immigration is a major problem here.the stats showing the population growth prove this.

the positive thing from the programme was that it gave conclusive evidence that religion is absolute tosh.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 15:16:56 »

I didn't watch it and have no intention of watching it, I gave up on it a long time ago as I was sick of the constant slanging matches between the major parties rather than there being any serious political debate - which pretty much sums up politics in the UK today.

From what people have said it sounds like it wasn't a regular QT and most of it was spent bashing the BNP. You might say this was to be expected, but by allowing the format and content to change the BBC were asking for trouble. A complaint from the BNP was inevitable and unfortunately they've got a good point, I imagine there will be more to come on this.

Whether you like the BNP or not, as long as they keep within the rules and people vote for them in substantial numbers they have to be given coverage - that right and obligation is fundamental to democracy. You can't pick or choose the rules just because you don't agree with someone, no matter how sickening you find them. Its exactly the same as in the Middle East, the West encourages democracy and then gets pissed when someone gets elected that they don't like.

If people want the BNP to disappear you need to look at the reasons why people vote for them and do something about it. A lot of people are unhappy with the current immigration policies and the present government has done pretty much nothing to address those concerns. The longer the key issues go unaddressed, the longer the BNP will be with us and the stronger it will get.

Still, some good has come out of it. QT had far more viewers than normal and its triggered a political debate on here, neither of which is a bad thing given the current level of disinterest in politics in the UK.

Very good post. Pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: