Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 40847 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #210 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:42:38 »

Maybe. But we shall see. It'll be sorted sooner rather than later either way.

Damn weekends with fixtures to deal with.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:51:09 »

and a Shakespeare quotation aswell, well an attempt of one anyway.
He was actually trying to quote Oscar Wilde, but hey-ho!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #212 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:54:02 »

He was actually trying to quote Oscar Wilde, but hey-ho!

I couldn't have been paying attention then. The South Park 2008 Presidential episode was on TV.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 22:13:46 »

I couldn't have been paying attention then. The South Park 2008 Presidential episode was on TV.
Nah, you weren't mistaken - he thought it was Shakespeare.
flammableBen

« Reply #214 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 22:36:09 »

Was a classic. This weeks HIgh School Musical was better than I expected.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 23:10:24 »

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/Swindon-chairman-won-t-chasing-Holloway-new-boss/article-476708-detail/article.html

Swindon Town chairman Andrew Fitton began the search for a successor to departed boss Maurice Malpas last night but warned: "I won't be chasing Ian Holloway."

The club already has a list of potential candidates drawn up after agreeing a deal to relieve Malpas of his duties yesterday.

Chairman Fitton, however, hinted that Holloway was not on that list and would have to make his intentions known by applying for the vacant position.

Fitton said: "If Ian Holloway wants to talk to us then I am sure that he will – but I will not be chasing him.

"If he wants to apply for the job, I will see him and respect him just like any other candidate. If he doesn't apply for the job, then I will assume that he doesn't want it."
Click here!

Fitton insisted that no decisions had been made on a potential successor before Malpas cleared his desk yesterday morning and he added: "We have not spoken to anybody yet, but I don't expect it to be a long process. It is an interesting time because there are a number of good managers with proven records available at the moment.

"Do we have a list of people we would like to talk to? Yes, we do.

"One of the problems is that some of the people you want to speak to do not apply so we will be sounding out potential candidates.

"There are a few people looking for jobs and it is surprising that one or two of them are still available."

Assistant manager David Byrne has been put in temporary charge and could take care of team affairs for a number of "weeks", but is unlikely to land the role on a permanent basis.

"I have a lot of time for Dave and think he did a good job the last time he took care of the side," Fitton added.

"There is always a chance (that Byrne could land the job), but history suggests that caretakers don't usually end up becoming full-time managers and I would agree with that.

"We are not under any pressure to make a quick appointment and it is more important to make sure we find the right person."

Sorry if it's been mentioned before. My broadband is crippled at 100k and surfing is SLOW.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 14, 2008, 23:14:10 by Batch » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 06:46:20 »

Watching the BBC interview where those quotes came from, I think, you could've interpreted it either way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 08:35:50 »

Have to say I took it as being disapproving of the breach of protocol as well. Kind of "If Ian Holloway thinks turning up in the Town End constitutes applying for the job, he can damn well ring us up and apply like anyone else". But I don't suppose it matters - if he does apply properly and he's the best candidate he'll get the job; if he isn't he won't.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 09:58:23 »

Holloway confirms he wants the job............. That said, I wonder how many chants of "IAN HOLLOWAY" we will hear today?

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/3849764.Favourite_Holloway__very_interested__as_Town_search_for_new_boss/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 10:56:45 »

Holloway confirms he wants the job............. That said, I wonder how many chants of "IAN HOLLOWAY" we will hear today?

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/3849764.Favourite_Holloway__very_interested__as_Town_search_for_new_boss/

A fair few I reckon.

I think this business of him being at the Huddersfield game has been blown out of proportion a bit. All he has done is attend a game as a private individual. It is in his interest to go to games whilst 'between jobs' and keep in touch with what is going on.

IF he did have an agenda of getting his name 'out there' in connection with Swindon if could have back fired completely. For all he knew, being a Slave Trader, he might have got a load of abuse from Swindon fans.

In any event, it should not deter Fitton from speaking to him if he applies for the job (I'm sure it won't and I'm sure he will)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 10:59:31 »

Holloway almost seems a lock really. Holloway is saying he wants it, Fitton says he will speak to him so..... depends I guess now on transfer money etc perhaps?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 11:00:17 »

Holloway almost seems a lock really. Holloway is saying he wants it, Fitton says he will speak to him so..... depends I guess now on transfer money etc perhaps?

Surely there is more than one manager who wants the job who Fitton will speak to.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 11:03:04 »

My gut instinct is to never trust a Bristolian....my head tells me not to be so stupid.

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 11:03:16 »

Ian Holloway  6/4  
Iain Dowie  3/1  
Steve Cotterill  6/1  
Aidy Boothroyd  8/1  
Geraint Williams  10/1  
Gus Poyet  10/1  
David Byrne  11/1  
Lawrie Sanchez  12/1  
John Ward  12/1  
Martin Keown  14/1  
Wally Downes  14/1  
Luc Nijholt  14/1  
Dennis Wise  16/1  
Richard Money  16/1  
Kevin Dillon  16/1  
Nigel Clough  20/1  
Gary Waddock  22/1  
Paul Tisdale  25/1
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 11:31:52 »

It could be a Marlborian/Bristolian stand off ... Fitton won't chase him and Holloway waits to be asked!

We need someone to tell a mate of each of them "my mate fancies your mate"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: