Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Managers rumour thread  (Read 41008 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #195 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:22:33 »

Sevral of these articles have already been posted in the other thread

Yes, that was Bootsie's first post.

I like Fraser Digby, he reminds me of times when players had names like Fraser Digby Cheesy
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:27:45 »

I think I might champion Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves, now I haven't done that for a while

here's the man himself when you need him?
spacey

« Reply #197 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:28:53 »

I haven't trawled though the pages and pages of stuff that has been written but do people think Boothroyd is out of the question? What were the circumstances of him leaving Watford? How did the fans react to him going?

I think that people may think it's a possibility. I think they had a shit start to the season. I think the Watford fans may have reacted in a number of different ways.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #198 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:31:38 »

Metathesis?
JPC82

« Reply #199 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:33:36 »

i want Holloway, and Gary Penrice is amazing at his job!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #200 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:36:27 »

In terms of ambition, Boothroyd possibly stayed at Watford for too long. The writing was on the wall when financial problems emerged. You cannot fault his commitment in wanting to take Watford forward though.

He'll have to get back into football somehow as the Premier-ship job has sailed (he was long touted as a possible big-time manager once upon a time) - but he'll wait and see what comes up. For example a job like Sheffield Wednesday would be a good gig for him. If he's in Australia observing (the Aussie Institute of Sport I would guess!!) then he'll be out for a while.

Bascially, I'm saying that he could still wait and get a Championship job.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #201 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:38:18 »

and Gary Penrice is amazing at his job!

As a strikers coach or as head of recruitment?
spacey

« Reply #202 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:41:11 »

Metathesis?

Erm...Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:49:32 »

In terms of ambition, Boothroyd possibly stayed at Watford for too long. The writing was on the wall when financial problems emerged. You cannot fault his commitment in wanting to take Watford forward though.

He'll have to get back into football somehow as the Premier-ship job has sailed (he was long touted as a possible big-time manager once upon a time) - but he'll wait and see what comes up. For example a job like Sheffield Wednesday would be a good gig for him. If he's in Australia observing (the Aussie Institute of Sport I would guess!!) then he'll be out for a while.

Bascially, I'm saying that he could still wait and get a Championship job.

If you're around the management game at the top end for a while, then you can set yourself up by being sacked and living off the pay outs....someone like Dowie, must have trousered a small fortune in the last few years, from signing decent contracts and being sacked a few months later.

Boothroyd having got Watford up, and having had some Prem experience, probably would be on at least a quarter mill pa.

I saw an interview with Cotterill a while back where he was asked about his future career and he said he was waiting for at least a Championship club.  He probably got a decent pay out from Sunderland and Stoke.

Compare this to the Sturrock attitude, I'm a manager...I need to work....believe in taking the first decent offer that comes along.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #204 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 20:52:53 »

Compare this to the Sturrock attitude, I'm a manager...I need to work....believe in taking the first decent offer that comes along.

Sounds daft but I still miss Luggy! He was ace!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #205 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:01:19 »

I wonder if Holloway will be in the Town End again Wink Leicester fans would make him feel welcome I'm sure.

Was the reason behind Holloway's appearance scouting? If he was there to make his intentions known it was most sneaky and I don't think Fitton was impressed.
I think Fitton was impressed. watch the video... He says call me pretty much!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7728908.stm

Rich Pullen

« Reply #206 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:17:56 »

I think Fitton was impressed. watch the video... He says call me pretty much!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7728908.stm

Certainly would seem that the door is very much open for him doesn't it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:28:10 »

Very impressed with that interview - Fitton always comes across as totally genuine as well as being an astute businessman
Rich Pullen

« Reply #208 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:33:34 »

Very impressed with that interview - Fitton always comes across as totally genuine as well as being an astute businessman

and a Shakespeare quotation aswell, well an attempt of one anyway.

Very good interview. Fitton is playing this very well... He could have gone withdrawn, but by doing these interviews etc it shows he still has the passion.
Digglie

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, November 14, 2008, 21:36:15 »

Certainly would seem that the door is very much open for him doesn't it.

Actually I thought that Fitton seemed slightly irritated by Holloway's recent appearance in the Town End and guarded in his reponse. My take was that he wasn't that interested and that any application would only be considered as a perfunctory courtesy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: