Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aljofree Comments Today  (Read 10361 times)
lambourn red

« on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 08:57:00 »

Is there a press officer at the club surely the best thing for the players to do at the moment is to shut up and do their talking on the pitch. Having a go at the fans in the press is only going to make matters worst, I think they are being poorly advised if at all. Angry

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2454501.0.dont_get_at_the_boss.php
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 08:59:41 »

HASNEY Aljofree has called on Town's boo boys to lay off manager Maurice Malpas they bid to turn their flagging season around.

The County Ground faithful derided Malpas with chants of you don't know what you're doing', and also called for him to be sacked as Swindon recorded a fourth home defeat on the trot with their 2-1 reverse against Millwall on Sunday.

But Town's captain insists booing the team off the pitch at half and full-time will do nothing to help improve their fortunes.
advertisement

"What I'm hearing with them shouting get Malpas out' - it doesn't help anyone," said Aljofree.

"The manager's worked his backside off to give us everything and it's not his fault. We're the lads out on the pitch who have to produce, and obviously we're not doing it at the County Ground for whatever reason."

Aljofree added: "Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan myself and I want my team to win every week and then I get annoyed when they don't.

"But at the end of the day Swindon Town are in League One for a reason, because of what's happened in the past.

"We're here trying our best to take the club forward. The work off the field by the club is going in the right direction. The fans are safe that the club's going to be here.

"But at the same time we're working our socks off as players and management to give the fans a win and at the moment it's tough for us for whatever reason.

"Hopefully sooner rather than later we can turn it round."

I think saying it's having a go at the fans is a bit over the top. He just says it doesn't help. Which is true enough.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:00:57 »

"Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan myself and I want my team to win every week and then I get annoyed when they don't."

Who's he a fan of?
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:01:47 »

Chess Boxing.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:02:27 »

manager says its his fault not players

captain says its players fault not managers

blah blah fucking blah

You're all to blame you cunts, now stop being so shit
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:17:54 »

Aljofree is hardly slagging the fans off although he should just keep his mouth shut really.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:18:33 »

Can I just say that on the whole I agree with him.

The behaviour of some of our fans (you know who you are) was in all honesty fucking disgraceful
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:20:31 »

This is getting boring it's the same old thing after every game,To me this shows that they are not playing with the same ball.Dont they communicate with each other for christ sake,It would have been far better for Aljofree to keep quiet and let his gaffer do the talking.
lambourn red

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:22:30 »

manager says its his fault not players

captain says its players fault not managers

blah blah fucking blah

You're all to blame you cunts, now stop being so shit

Summed it up perfectly, dont come out defending each other just shut up and sort it out and the boo boys will go away.
lambourn red

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:26:19 »

I think saying it's having a go at the fans is a bit over the top. He just says it doesn't help. Which is true enough.

There is one way to make it stop and that is not coming out in the press and moaning about it, my main point is more about who is letting the players talk to the press at the moment because they are not helping matters by doing it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 09:50:40 »

Unfortunately his statement is about as clever as his defending. If Jack Smith had come out and said this then fair enough - he's given 100% but Aljofree would be very wise to keep his gob shut unless he's on the training ground trying to get his game back on track.   
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 10:00:16 »

Unfortunately his statement is about as clever as his defending. If Jack Smith had come out and said this then fair enough - he's given 100% but Aljofree would be very wise to keep his gob shut unless he's on the training ground trying to get his game back on track.  

Sorry but like it or not for the time being he is captain and it's the captain's remit to be the spokesman for the players.

Error of judgement or not, if he was asked to submit these views by a third party then he is quite right to do so.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 10:29:58 »

Seems as though theres soapy balls as well as footballs that nobody can control at the CG.

We pay the money and we watch the football and WE will decide what WE think is wrong!

Clems Army!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 10:36:00 »

Can I just say that on the whole I agree with him.

The behaviour of some of our fans (you know who you are) was in all honesty fucking disgraceful

Agreed Fred, I was really pissed off with some of our so called supporters on Sunday.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 10:41:39 »

Thing is everything he has said there is spot on and he has every right to say it.

Getting on the managers back doesnt help and this shows the players do hear the crowd, so its no surprise we've got better results away from home is it....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: