Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's all laugh at Oxford  (Read 32157 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 08:24:17 »

I think we should go on their forum and offer to do a bucket collection at the CG on Sunday.

I'm not sure how far 32p and a button would go in staving off their current financial plight, but every little helps.........

It's All Good..............
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 09:13:00 »

the manor ground was everything a football stadium should be.

a small part of our problem is the soulless tip we have for a ground now. half empty and stands too far away from the pitch and each other. down here in the depths of the conference (although the number of recognised teams is increasing each year; mansfield, kiddy (ish), york, wrexham, torquay, cambridge and ourselves) the opposition come from their tinpot sheds to this shiny piece of shit with no ability to contain any sense of atmosphere, and a perfect pitch. not surprising that they raise their games really.

one thing that should be noted is that the vocal support here is outstanding. on saturday the east stand sung throughout the second half, despite us being 2-1 down and playing utter gash. it was the 'we are the left/right side of london road' song too, which has to go down as my personal favourite.

if i ever become a multimillionaire i'll buy oufc and build them a new, small (but with room for expansion when the inevitable promotions come), compact, intimidating ground. the ends behind the goals will be the London Road End and Cuckoo Lane. I'd have terracing if at all possible. And I'd personally open the Firoz Kassam urinal, where fans would have the opportunity to piss on his face.

i predict another defeat tonight. unless he plays a regular 442 with guy starting, and a balanced midfield. then we have a (slim) chance of snatching a point.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 09:16:36 by oxford_fan » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 09:45:13 »

I blame Rogan Josh...

Only trying to curry favour.
dell boy

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:15:17 »

I think we should go on their forum and offer to do a bucket collection at the CG on Sunday.

I'm not sure how far 32p and a button would go in staving off their current financial plight, but every little helps.........

I would happily contribute in the bucket for them, they have exceptional crowds for non-league if we were in the same situation I doubt we would have 4-5,000 every week.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 11:32:50 »

I really have mixed emotions. I'm with Flash most of the way but at the same time Bushey Boy has a good point about them beating us last time we met. I also miss the games between us. My daughter wants to see a game between us. On the other side of the coin their fans are generally horrible, nasty pieces of crap. I also think the idea of a local derby between Spermarine and the Scum would be amusing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 12:08:16 »

Its on setanta tonight isnt it?

Might watch and have a laugh.

Theyll lose anyhow, they always do on there
Spencer_White

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:06:20 »

I dont think they are on the verge of administration. But long term the club doesnt look viable. Kassam is still doing them up the arse.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:14:24 »

It would not be wise to go into admin. The owners are the only creditors
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:22:31 »

We have our full squad available tonight, bar Turley who is 50/50. I'll await his team selection but am hopeful for a much improved performance.

I'm not going and don't have Setanta so will be tuning in to Radio Oxford instead.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:25:08 »

Then we should be better than them and offer them support. Also I think it would piss them off a hell of a lot more.

Perhaps we should start a small collection fund for them?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
flammableBen

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:32:45 »

Probably going a bit too far. Don't let anybody stop you if you fancy it though Ironside.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 17:39:42 »

Would love to see them drop into the Conference South as AFC Wimbledon pass them..... Going out of business? Wouldn't want that for any club. Sounds pathetic but fuck knows what I would do without STFC in my life. I met most of my mates through the club when I moved back from Canada.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 18:58:07 »

Boo Oxford 1-0 up already.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:10:38 »

1-1 now hehe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 20:23:12 »

1-1 now hehe.

You jinxed it. Boo.