Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dean Ashton  (Read 2954 times)
Papa Smurf

« on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 23:35:01 »

From Swindon, how did we miss out there?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 04:56:02 »

im none too sure. Kingsdown lad wasnt he?

cracking good player. not only did he get me into the premiership with sunderland in 2011/12, he won me the premiership in 2014/15 Soapy Tit Wank

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 08:41:23 »

Urban myth......just not true.
Papa Smurf

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:04:35 »

It's no urban myth reg, it's all true.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:08:50 »

I heard that Dean Ashton was in fact raised by wild elephants in the Kenyan safari lands.  He was lost by his parents at the age of 2 on a family holiday and was only found when Mike Walker the ex-Norwich manager took a break to Africa for a little sole searching in the mid 90's, after his sacking from Everton.  Dean, after living with Dumbo and friends for 17 years was reunited with his family.  

So it should be Kenya, not us, who should be kicking themselves.
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:11:32 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I heard that Dean Ashton was in fact raised by wild elephants in the Kenyan safari lands.  He was lost by his parents at the age of 2 on a family holiday and was only found when Mike Walker the ex-Norwich manager took a break to Africa for a little sole searching in the mid 90's, after his sacking from Everton.  Dean, after living with Dumbo and friends for 17 years was reunited with his family.  

So it should be Kenya, not us, who should be kicking themselves.

he went all the way to africa to look for some kids shoes? now thats commitment for you.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:14:25 »

D'oh, I thought that's how you spelt it when your talking about the fish.  I stand corrected.  I bow in honour of your greater knowledge of fish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:34:16 »

Quote from: "Papa Smurf"
It's no urban myth reg, it's all true.

Rothmans doesn't list Ashton as from Swindon.....have you ever met anyone who's said I went to school with Ashton, and was better than him in those days, or I played against Ashton for the school team, bugger never got a kick that day.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:35:43 »

I don't think it is an urban myth, I think he really was born in Swindon but if you hear him speak he clearly didn't spend much time in the town if any as he sounds like a dirty northern bastard.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:38:41 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I don't think it is an urban myth, I think he really was born in Swindon but if you hear him speak he clearly didn't spend much time in the town if any as he sounds like a dirty northern bastard.

Well if its the case how come Rothmans and Playfair don't say that Ashton was born in Swindon......these two are the most reliable generally available stat books.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:38:48 »

I'm going to join the Dean Ashton pen pals.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/dean_ashton/page7.html
Papa Smurf

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:46:00 »

Dunno what footie sites are reliable, but here are some links produced from a google search

http://premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enPlayerProfile&playerId=212799   (7 lines down)

http://www.citizens2canaries.com/players/ashton.htm

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=23118

http://www.games.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2005/03/29/sfnash29.xml    (4th paragraph down)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 09:49:03 »

Internet football sites are notoriously unreliable....especially Soccerbase.
magnum150

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 22:20:06 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Internet football sites are notoriously unreliable....especially Soccerbase.

Now be told, the lot of you!.
JTomlinson

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:23:42 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Well if its the case how come Rothmans and Playfair don't say that Ashton was born in Swindon......these two are the most reliable generally available stat books.

So what do they say?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: