Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sir Bobby Robson  (Read 1936 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 15:37:32 »

For those who might be unaware,Sir Bobby is dying of cancer and so with the events of the last
week at NUFC,his column in todays Mail on Sunday is very poignant.You can tell just how much
the last week has hurt him,yet his love for the Magpies,remains undiminshed.You sir are a class act.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/article-1053136/If-Wise-wont-club-needs-too.html

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 16:37:25 »

Sir Bobby is an absloute hero to me, after all the shite way Fat Freddy Shepperd treated him when sacking him was a joke. An hero to all NUFC supporters, I will always have special memories of SBR.
I hope he enjoys every moment of the time he has left

I come from a land down-under
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 18:25:05 »

I love the guy, he is a true great and will shed a tear when he cries.  Pissed off I just wenta  nd read the paper wasnt that good an article this week

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:25:37 »

i read somewhere he's pretty much accepted he wont love to see the end of the season Sad

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:42:51 »

a true gent.his last autobiography is one of the best i've read
JPC82

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:47:24 »

love the bloke to bits, had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times, some great stories have been told about him
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:48:02 »

a true gent.his last autobiography is one of the best i've read

Indeed - I was going to get a copy signed in Plymouth a few years back back he had to cancel due to an accident.

He's on TV most weeks here because of his constant fundraising... a genuine hero. When he passes, he'll be greatly missed.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 20:53:29 »

H'es pretty much been a success wherever he's managed and by playing good football too. He made neutrals like Newcaslte again after the PR disaster that was Dalglish. Its difficult not to like someone who is so passionate abuot football. I really like and admire the guy.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 19:39:15 »

He's on SkySports talking. He's clearly ill, he's lost his hair but jokes about it, he admits he could watch the Newcastle vs. WBA game at home but he goes because he loves his Newcastle.

The guy is my hero.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 19:40:22 »

Saw that.

Very touching moment seeing him on tv like that.
Tansie_123

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 19:40:56 »

very sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: