Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Mulgrew...  (Read 3953 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:13:17 »

...watching this fella for Sweatie U21 v Slovenia UJ21.

MM obviously worked with him in his time as boss...and clearly wanted him to sign.

Interestingly he's played in midfield here and looks half decent...long throw and wicked delivery from crosses and set pieces. It must have been a big disappointment to MM that he didn't get his man. About twice the player of Yinka at this stage of career.
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:15:00 »

Yinka has braids though, hes cool
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:15:28 »

Yeah if we'd signed Mulgrew it would have ruined the black 4.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:16:18 »

Aberdeen or Swindon. Alas, at least he didn't join a same division team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:19:27 »

Aberdeen or Swindon. Alas, at least he didn't join a same division team.

True...I was hoping in the summer, MM might have picked up a couple of decent Sweatie prospects from his contacts up there...presumably there's just not the talent.
JPC82

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 20:20:10 »

que bart to say theres loads but MM cant attract anyone
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 00:55:22 »

que bart to say theres loads but MM cant attract anyone

*cue
Scot Munroe

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 08:21:56 »

didn't he miss a penalty last night?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 09:53:57 »

To be fair Reg any talent that's about up north isn't likely to want to come and sign for a club with a bunch of retards as supporters.  I wouldn't sign for a team that has treated a Scottish hall of famer as bad as some Town fans have.

Also as much as people hate to admit it, the SPL is vastly a superior option than league 1.  Fair play to Mulgrew for choosing the granite city over us.

And that's not a bite btw.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:01:14 »

There was a time when Scots jumped at the chance of passing Hadrians Wall and playing in England - You were not a football team without a Scotsman in the centre of your defence for example. Money was (and probably still is) better but with the ongoing fall of the United Kingdom and the fact that if you stand out in the SPL you'll sign for an Old Firm gravytrain eventually so it doesn't really matter anymore to venture elsewhere.

The fan comment is probably irrelevant - it's not as if Malpas would make Mulgrew aware of the ignorant few that all clubs have when trying to convince him to sign.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:23:15 »

teehee i can just see Malpas advising Muligrew to check out TEF, "aye lad, louk out fur the wee nipper STFC bart, he spiks the trooooth. and that fatbury lad, an arsenal/ebsfleet/soon to be man city fan, you'll nae be his favourite, he oonly has eyes for Pouk. fuck knows why laddy..."

apologies to any Sweaties reading this, my scottish accent is apalling... Wink

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:31:38 »

haha
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:56:06 »

To be fair Reg any talent that's about up north isn't likely to want to come and sign for a club with a bunch of retards as supporters.  I wouldn't sign for a team that has treated a Scottish hall of famer as bad as some Town fans have.

Also as much as people hate to admit it, the SPL is vastly a superior option than league 1.  Fair play to Mulgrew for choosing the granite city over us.

And that's not a bite btw.

What a fantatsic post that was. Slag off you own clubs fans in favour of a scottish player who decided not to sign for us. Well done.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 11:06:49 »

JANAAGE...the town fans havnt treated MM in a bad way,if you make bad decisions,get bad results your going to get stick regardless of ware you come from,if Town had offered more dosh than the Dons Mulgrew would be here...i like Malpass and he will get us in the championship ive no doubts about that....just a matter of when in my opinion.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 5, 2008, 11:31:58 »

What a fantatsic post that was. Slag off you own clubs fans in favour of a scottish player who decided not to sign for us. Well done.

To be honest Colin, I couldn't give a shit about the town fans that I may have slagged off in my previous post as I think they deserve any abuse dished out.  It is only a loud minority that I'm talking about, and as Rich points out every club has them.

Joining Aberdeen was a very wise choice for Mulgrew, I'm sure he won't regret the decision to join the dons when he's playing in Europe, or in a domestic cup final, in a year or two's time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: