Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malpas  (Read 25877 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 22:49:21 »

Were we?  As stupid as it sounds but I think I've been more entertained
so far this season than I was this time last season, by the 23 Aug 07.  Did we not get knocked out in the 1st round of the carling cup last year?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 22:52:27 »

Andy Reid knocked us out in the 1st round.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 22:55:12 »

so we had been beaten then?  Sorry I feel like I'm being the condescending kj now!  I didn't mean any offence by calling you that earlier DV!! Although thinking about it, I'm not sure how that couldn't be taken offensively tbh.  No matter how it seems, we're all on the same side aren't we.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 22:58:05 »

ok, this time last year we were undefeated IN THE LEAGUE.

Jan, I dont take offence to anything on here. I have my opinion and I believe them to be right....and some of the opinions on here I think are completely and utterly retarded (as do most people I'm sure)

As people seem to view me as 'Im always right' type poster (which is fair enough I am always right  Wink) I do put it on just a little bit more just for the hell of it.....

I'm just a wanker as well....
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:16:46 by DV » Logged
sonic youth

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:02:07 »

you forgot to mention the fact you're just a wanker as well dan Smiley
Scot Munroe

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:04:25 »

Yeovil was our 1st defeat last season in the league in early September. I don't think Malpas will be here at christmas. If we perform like we did in the last 30 mins at cheltenham and the 1st half today, in most games he will be gone and it will be a relegation dog fight. 1st half today was a spineless, abject performance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:16:11 »

you forgot to mention the fact you're just a wanker as well dan Smiley

Sorry, I'll edit accordingly
deltaincline

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:45:23 »

This is a bit of a Bart post to be honest, because I have no solution at all, or even anywhere to place all the blame. The booing brigade are an easy target, but it's naive to say it's all down to them, it's a problem which has spread itself through the whole fanbase. Shadowy mental cobwebs left over from the era of the greek is similarly easy to blame, but I think it's something which goes deeper than that.
Fuck knows, maybe a tidy promotion season from league two we can celebrate without the Sketchy Management Sword of Damocles hanging over our heads. It did sort of take the edge off the party last time.

To sum up, it's become a bit endemic and I have no sensible suggestions on how to solve the problem.

A fucking top summary FB. The whole STFC shebang is steeped in negative shit that has clung on since the greek era.  Fittons arrival should of seen off all the negativity - he's paid off our debts, brought in capable players and management on and off the field - so why is the negativity hanging around?

Only my opinion, but I believe that we're suffering from a lack of leadership. No disrespect to Fitton or Malpas, but after so many years of shit I think they could both be more inspirational in how they see our future. I don't want them to make hollow promises of a return to the prem and years of milk and honey but, equally, I don't want to hear about us having to lower expectations and be grateful that we still have a club to support (although I'm eternally grateful for all that) but I want to believe that the fuckers who run the club know what they're doing, where they want us to be and how they're going to get us there.

All the current talk about Malpas is bollocks. A couple of bad results this early on in the season means jack shit. The bloke is either good enough to do the job or not. The players will collectively drop him in the shit without a second thought if they think he's a cunt, and Fitton will cut him loose well before he risks loosing his own honeymoon-period of popularity.

flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 00:28:47 »

A fucking top summary FB. The whole STFC shebang is steeped in negative shit that has clung on since the greek era.  Fittons arrival should of seen off all the negativity - he's paid off our debts, brought in capable players and management on and off the field - so why is the negativity hanging around?

Only my opinion, but I believe that we're suffering from a lack of leadership. No disrespect to Fitton or Malpas, but after so many years of shit I think they could both be more inspirational in how they see our future. I don't want them to make hollow promises of a return to the prem and years of milk and honey but, equally, I don't want to hear about us having to lower expectations and be grateful that we still have a club to support (although I'm eternally grateful for all that) but I want to believe that the fuckers who run the club know what they're doing, where they want us to be and how they're going to get us there.

All the current talk about Malpas is bollocks. A couple of bad results this early on in the season means jack shit. The bloke is either good enough to do the job or not. The players will collectively drop him in the shit without a second thought if they think he's a cunt, and Fitton will cut him loose well before he risks loosing his own honeymoon-period of popularity.

I sort of agree and disagree at the same time. I think the negativity goes further back than the greek era, if (as fans) we were a difficult girlfriend, then we'd definitely have trust issues. All the promises of Terry Brady spring to mind, bringing in Colin Todd as manager and promising the world. Didn't get us very far. And the repeat with the Roy Evans fiasco.

You can probably take it further back to McKnob, but it's fair to say that huge chunks of soul have been ripped out over the years to the point where the fans sort of do it themselves. Investing any emotion into STFC at the moment is sort of like trying to restart a relationship with a bird who always goes back to being a crack-whore, whatever she promises you.

I think I disagree about Fitton and Malpas being inspirational. It's difficult with ifs, but I think that if Fitton had come in and promised magic beans to climb up the football league then I'd be much less trusting with him than I am at the moment. The sensible down to earth talk was a bit refreshing, but I have to admit that I'm still not completely trusting, there's always the bit at the back of your mind which thinks we're going to get ripped off agian.

dell boy

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 08:13:47 »

I sat in the Don Rogers Stand yesterday (in the middle halfway up) - I did not hear ONE anti Malpas comment. It was very quiet in there for the first half, second half one of the best atmospheres for ages.

For me the only people who are putting pressure on Malpas is a lot of Swindon fans who want to get in the pros and cons of him leaving.

Can anyone who went to the game yesterday honestly say they heard a chant or comment of MALPAS OUT?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 08:19:06 »

I heard nothing directed at Malpas, mainly the players and in most cases deserved.

Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 08:48:40 »

The ref got all the shit where I was sat, it was brilliant. I love seeing normally sensible, quiet people getting shouty and sweary.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 08:56:07 »

I sat in the Don Rogers Stand yesterday (in the middle halfway up) - I did not hear ONE anti Malpas comment. It was very quiet in there for the first half, second half one of the best atmospheres for ages.

For me the only people who are putting pressure on Malpas is a lot of Swindon fans who want to get in the pros and cons of him leaving.

Can anyone who went to the game yesterday honestly say they heard a chant or comment of MALPAS OUT?

Yes, the culprits were sat in row O, seat 88ish.
dell boy

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 09:03:03 »

Yes, the culprits were sat in row O, seat 88ish.
Is that you?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 10:23:13 »

Is that you?

haha, no.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: