Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Pride  (Read 20497 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 12:57:17 »

They should never have removed Section 28.
Fred's problem wouldn't then exist.

I await being called a bigot and a homophobe with baited breath...
you're a bigot and a homphobe with baited breath
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 13:00:30 »

Reg actually....I'm backing up fB's point about the link between homosexuality and far right politics.

Sorry, Reg.
What point was that, because I must of missed it?

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 13:03:51 »

Sorry, Reg.
What point was that, because I must of missed it?

you must *have* missed it you illiterate racist bigot with baited breath.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 13:26:34 »

you must *have* missed it you illiterate homophobic bigot with baited breath.

Bye

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Lumps

« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:07:54 »

Bye

Oh yeah God forbid anyone should think you're a racist.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:16:59 »

you must *have* missed it you illiterate racist bigot with baited* breath.

*bated,    it's a contraction of "abated"

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:33:20 »

*bated,    it's a contraction of "abated"
Not necessarily neville - he may be in the habit of eating earthworms, maggots and other items of fishing bait, leading, no doubt, to a noticeable personal bouquet, in the form of baited breath
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:37:23 »

Oh yeah God forbid anyone should think you're a racist.

The point I was making is that Fred had a problem with young children being introduced to homosexuality at such a young age.

I simply pointed out that the removal of Section 28 is something that has meant that the picture he linked to is a direct result of that change in the law.

I didn't say whether I thought it was right or wrong, It is however, a valid point.

Some people here it would seem, don't want to take that point on board but would rather "shoot the messenger".  It says a lot about their mentality.

For all of those pointing out petty little typo's and grammatical mistakes, so what? I've seen a lot worse posted up here and besides, I'm trying to work here as well. GET A GRIP.

Thanks

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:45:19 »

Clearly when you said 'I await to be called...' you were fishing for such a response and got one. Don't lay it on like you didn't want an argument.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:49:38 »

Clearly when you said 'I await to be called...' you were fishing for such a response and got one. Don't lay it on like you didn't want an argument.

I didn't but certain sections of the membership seem to post the sort of comment we've seen here whenever I make a post, valid point or not.  I expected that response. I wonder when people will grow up a little bit?

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 14:56:59 »

Clearly when you said 'I await to be called...' you were fishing for such a response and got one.

Hence the "baited" breath I suppose - pauld was right after all.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 15:03:44 »

I didn't but certain sections of the membership seem to post the sort of comment we've seen here whenever I make a post, valid point or not.  I expected that response. I wonder when people will grow up a little bit?

Do you feel a bit singled out, like you're in the minority?

flammableBen

« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 15:20:27 »

They should never have removed Section 28.
Fred's problem wouldn't then exist.

I await being called a bigot and a homophobe with baited breath...

I'll bite,

Fred's problem wouldn't exist if there had never been any stigma against homosexuality when he was growing up, be it from section 28, before it was decriminalised (60's?) or any other silly unnecessary legality.

Hopefully with children growing up with the stigma removed, knowing that same-sex relationships are just as acceptable as man-lady couplings, then views based on ignorant prejudice will die out. Everybody's a winner in this scenario. People who want to experiment with some home-team action can do so without worrying about what others think, and straight types don't have to worry about any persecution towards their gay friends/family, or maybe even about some of their own experimentation they did in their pasts before deciding that the other side was for them.

Much better all round than harbouring an atmosphere of guilt and prejudice which does nobody any good.
Barry Scott

« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 15:24:51 »

Good post fB.

Seems i missed all the fun, but i'll post anyway. My best mate at work was gay, he was my only male drinking buddy within work, and was a great laugh.

I couldn't care less what sexuality someone is and i have a quiet respect for openly homosexual males and females, because it shows they've got some bollocks and that has to be applauded. Plus i love seeing people overeact, sometimes angrily, in the face of homosexuality. But like fB says, this situation shouldn't need to exist and hopefully one day it won't.

Whether it is natural or not is kind of beyond debate in my book. The fact is, large numbers of people are homosexual and large numbers of animals are also. That in itself renders any unnatural argument useless imao, because the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 15:28:29 »

thats all well and good FB but the more gays there are, the more people will get AIDs.

your argument is flawed.

officially blacker than the night.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: