Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More news than you can shake a stick at ...  (Read 2879 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 09:58:14 »

Maybe this should be in the News section but as it conveys lots of Chairman Andrew's thoughts I thought it better to put it here.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/

Not normally noted for dynamic reporting seems the old G and H are showing the Adver a thing or two.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:00:38 »

Boring. i want to read about what Cox thinks of the pundits dissing of our chances.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:15:58 »

I don't, I want the thoughts of Hasney on how the town fans should welcome the Tranmere manager and players.  I just don't know what to do without his direction.  Should I clap them, boo them, treat them as heroes???  Hasney!!! Help us!!!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:18:25 »

Boring. i want to read about what Cox thinks of the pundits dissing of our chances.

Too right! I just realised the Gazette didn't say whether they have peas with their dinners!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:20:47 »

Smack my bitch up....Nick....Ma..shit...er
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:20:56 »

On a serious note is it wrong that I'm slightly concerned that our reserves will be playing in Hungerford, and now it looks like our day to day training will take place in Ramsbury.  What happens when the council ask us to pay more rent at the CG??  Do we up sticks and more towards Hungerford??  Hmmmn.

"Town to train at new Ramsbury facilities?
Exclusive By Nick Mashiter
Comment
Swindon Town chairman Andrew Fitton has revealed the club could move to a new training base at Ramsbury by the end of the year.

The Petersham Hotel Group have taken over Town's current Wanborough training base from previous owners Zurich, and are asking the club for more rent money.

And while negotiations are on-going, Fitton sees the redeveloped Ramsbury Recreation Ground as an ideal alternative for the club.

advertisementHe said: "The site at Wanborough has been taken over by a new owner and maybe they don't want our football team there, I can understand that.

"We have been looking at options including Swindon Supermarine, Hungerford, Marlborough College and now Ramsbury.

"It's a fabulous facility at Ramsbury, it's actually better than the facilities we have at Liddington. All of a sudden people are starting to say it might be a good idea because, with the amount of money we pay at Liddington, we could help to contribute to this facility and get what we want."

Fitton has been involved with the project to redevelop the recreation ground near his Ramsbury home since 2002.

He said: "It's about three quarters finished now - one of the first jobs was to level the football pitches, the second was to build a tennis ground and cricket pavilion, and the final stage is a new football changing rooms area.

"I am personally involved in sponsoring the changing rooms as I always said I would personally match any money the Football Foundation gave to towards them. It has already got changing rooms now though and they're fine, but they need to be improved and they should be finished by next year.

"The players might have to make do for a couple of months but we don't use the changing facilities at Liddington anyway.""
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:25:39 »

Jan, it's only 5 miles further than Liddington mate.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:26:06 »

Swindon and Hungerford Town FC at the new Bulpit County Stadium?

I think it's called a reverse takeover in the business world.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:30:12 »

Jan, it's only 5 miles further than Liddington mate.

Really?  Oh right, just seems further afield than that.  Shaking off this "be wary of the board" mentality is harder to shake off than I thought.  Just reading about Fitton's cosy chats with MM too, seems that our chairman likes to be involved in all aspects of STFC.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:41:51 »

Really?  Oh right, just seems further afield than that.  Shaking off this "be wary of the board" mentality is harder to shake off than I thought.  Just reading about Fitton's cosy chats with MM too, seems that our chairman likes to be involved in all aspects of STFC.

I think it's a good sign....AF is in it for the football, I'm sure he's sensible enough not to stick his nose in too far.  When MM was appointed I felt it ws partly because he's clearly an intelligent articulate bloke....could you imagine taking Andy King to a decent restaurant?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:47:47 »

If he did reg, he'd have to talk outside - smoking ban!!   I'm sure Kingy couldn't go that long with a cigar!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:49:42 »

Looking at Google maps, it's roughly as far out as Marlborough.

PS, I bet jamie Vincent was delighted when he read that interview  Cheesy
crockedmonkey

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:53:53 »

Looks like it may be more than a chat by this quote

Fitton said: "It's an unusual hands-on relationship -but I don't think that's wrong.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:58:47 »

Looks like it may be more than a chat by this quote

Fitton said: "It's an unusual hands-on relationship -but I don't think that's wrong.

Indeed it's not wrong....as long as it's consenting adults.
Dazzza

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 11:14:53 »

Indeed it's not wrong....as long as it's consenting adults.

Andrew: Oh Morris it is true what they say about you Scotch ones.

Morris: Whats tha, UGH, UGH then Andy?

Andrew: You're tighter than a butcher's dog

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: