Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where Will We Finish Next Season?  (Read 8779 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:14:25 »

Call me a sicko but I kinda want it to go down to the last game of the season with us needing a win.Thats probably the only way im going to roll up to the County Ground again this season.

Do you think they will put a big screen on then?

Our last game is away at Peterborough.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:15:42 »

hahaha ok the second from last..

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:25:20 »

Ok, you sicko!

I know what you mean, totally. You want a game where everyone is tested, something that will make everyone stand up and give their best. Where the result really matters. Not something that can be brushed under the carpet by some 'long term plan'. Good honest football, the way it should be every week. Real excitement. Something that binds us all together again in a common passion. Honestly, my job has been more exciting than my football this season!

I would agree. But I like Wilson, and I think he could get the spirit back into the club and get the fans excited if he is given a decent chance over the summer. So I couldnt court the risk or relegation myself.

When was the last time you had that mentally exciting feeling on the morning of a football game? Luton at home 18 months ago for me. The last time I thought we were going places was home to Bournemouth 4-0 Sept 2007, then the club nearly impoded. Too long ago! Not good enough! We need bigger games. Too many fans drifting away because they know they are not missing anything.

Its not just our fault either. Away followings are becomming pathetic. What possible excuse did Leicester have for not selling out? Only Leeds have brought impressive support so far. All takes away from the sense of occasion.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:31:32 by Spencer_White » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 21:23:33 »

Ok, you sicko!

I know what you mean, totally. You want a game where everyone is tested, something that will make everyone stand up and give their best. Where the result really matters. Not something that can be brushed under the carpet by some 'long term plan'. Good honest football, the way it should be every week. Real excitement. Something that binds us all together again in a common passion. Honestly, my job has been more exciting than my football this season!

I would agree. But I like Wilson, and I think he could get the spirit back into the club and get the fans excited if he is given a decent chance over the summer. So I couldnt court the risk or relegation myself.

When was the last time you had that mentally exciting feeling on the morning of a football game? Luton at home 18 months ago for me. The last time I thought we were going places was home to Bournemouth 4-0 Sept 2007, then the club nearly impoded. Too long ago! Not good enough! We need bigger games. Too many fans drifting away because they know they are not missing anything.

Its not just our fault either. Away followings are becomming pathetic. What possible excuse did Leicester have for not selling out? Only Leeds have brought impressive support so far. All takes away from the sense of occasion.

You'd have loved today Spencer...in the 40+ years I've been following the Town, I don't think I've ever witnessed such muted support...just a sad sullen acceptance that we're utterly shit, likely to get relegated, and little prospect of improvement.

I've said before this now reminds me of the early 80's...at least then we'd go down with a good punch up..viz Newport.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 21:31:05 »

i dont think we will go down,but it seems loud and proud is now a thing of the past
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 21:39:59 »

I've said before this now reminds me of the early 80's...at least then we'd go down with a good punch up..viz Newport.
Tell me about it - I didn't even make it to the game before I became one of the 50+ Town nicked that night. I did think putting 1 Newpot fan in a cell of about 15 Town was a nice touch. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: