Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where Will We Finish Next Season?  (Read 8806 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 20:52:18 »

Interestingly Swansea's start last year saw them take just 4 points from their first 4 games.

How do you think Town fans would react to a similar start?

I think its more of a case of how would the adver site posters react to a similar start...........

I am going to really make a good effort to give Malpas a good chance this year.  Theres been way too much negativity and unease in the last couple of years, Im just going to try and enjoy it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 21:25:06 »

You're absolutely spot on - a couple of signings for any team in League One just now could make quite a difference to the perception of how they'll do. Given that there's often a 'surprise' package in the league each season, for example Swansea last year, who do you reckon will be the team this year then?  I'd love it to be Swindon

I wouldn't have had Swansea down as a surprise...mate who's a fan explained to me pre- season how they'd picked up some useful looking lads like Jason Scotland, to add to a squad squad that finished 7th previous season. Added to an average 13K for a couple of seasons, on the back of a new stadium, meant they were definitely moving in the right direction. He was very confident having spent many years watching them in the doldrums.

We've a long way to go....
Lumps

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:02:39 »

I wouldn't have had Swansea down as a surprise...mate who's a fan explained to me pre- season how they'd picked up some useful looking lads like Jason Scotland, to add to a squad squad that finished 7th previous season. Added to an average 13K for a couple of seasons, on the back of a new stadium, meant they were definitely moving in the right direction. He was very confident having spent many years watching them in the doldrums.

We've a long way to go....

Swansea's a damned good example of how a bit of investment and a new stadium can turn a club around. Like us they've hung around the lower leagues since the mid 90's with only a couple of brief forays into Div2/1/CCC whatever you want to call it. During that time the Vetch was one of the mankiest grounds in the league and their attendances were bloody woeful.

The new ground and a bit of optimism has added 10,000 plus to their average gate, and now they're up into the CCC without spending stupid money on players.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:06:20 »

This is their first visit to the second tier since the 80's isn't it?  They were 3rd/4th tier for the whole of the 90's weren't they?
Lumps

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:11:09 »

This is their first visit to the second tier since the 80's isn't it?  They were 3rd/4th tier for the whole of the 90's weren't they?

I think they made it out for one season and got relegated straight back 2000/01 or 2001/2 ? Can't be arsed to look it up but I'm sure someone will.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:11:55 »

I've looked it up but I'm not telling you if that's your attitude.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:12:19 »

Jeez I don't remember that!  I feel like my old nan!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:13:41 »

I think they made it out for one season and got relegated straight back 2000/01 or 2001/2 ? Can't be arsed to look it up but I'm sure someone will.

im fairly sure that wasn't the case

Things get better but they never get good
Lumps

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 10:19:37 »

im fairly sure that wasn't the case

You might be right. They won a Divisional Championship around that time and I thought it was 3rd tier but it may well have been 4th?

Anyway bollocks, my point is they've had it shit for over a decade and they've turned it around nicely, giving us hope for the future.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:00:26 »

bump

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:02:17 »

i aint got a fucking scooby.but my head says mid table(in league 1)
Spencer_White

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:05:08 »

even Bart thought we would be mid table!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:07:20 »

I think we will just about stay up this year by the skin of our teeth.

Cue exactly the same drama's next season due to lack of rebuild funding blamed on poor season ticket sales.

I for one am getting a little tired of it
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:11:46 »

I think we will just about stay up this year by the skin of our teeth.

Cue exactly the same drama's next season due to lack of rebuild funding blamed on poor season ticket sales.

I for one am getting a little tired of it

Its only Cox's possible valuation that is preventing me thinking the same thing.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 18:13:25 »

Call me a sicko but I kinda want it to go down to the last game of the season with us needing a win.Thats probably the only way im going to roll up to the County Ground again this season.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: