Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64331 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 09:49:02 »

5000@ £269 = £1345000   6000@ £229= 1374000. More or less the same with no costs for shirts, so the club is better off with 5000. although is till think they'll do the shirts.

I guess an extra 1000 on the gate may generate higher matchday sales of merchandise, food, programs and the like.

That's if you could guarantee that selling 6000 season tickets instead of 5000 = 1000 more people on the gate. Which it may not!
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:09:26 »

Final figure is 4,896. I can't see any mention of the deadline being extended on the OS.?
I think they pushed it at the Cardiff game as ar esult of comments made. I certainly think it might have had a small effect & would think that a similar effort on Monday would help break the 5,000 barrier. They may not have done at the Pompey game becasue they may have not had enough staff. I know supporters have volunteered to help, but in reality the numbers are few & far between. I also get the (unsubstantiated) impression that the club are a bit reluctant to call on help from us.
I don't think the club are so concerned about the numbers in terms of revenue, more like they are concerned about attrating & retaining long term support. In reality 5,000 ST's sold is a wonderful acheivement. And yes, my prediction of 6,200 was too optomistic.

From the Dark Side
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:34:14 »

The brochure actually says the price after today will be £339. Up to (and including today?) the price is £229 payable in 2 instalments of £149 at time of purchase then £80 or £120 on 1st Oct depending on reaching 6k by today. So if anybody wants to save £70 minimum or £110 maximum they need to buy today!
Actually by the 11th August ... Desktop News Alert just popped up
« Last Edit: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:37:49 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:39:36 »

The 11th make sense. Those who intended to buy will have done so, whereas the 11th gives a bit of time for attracting more to the deal.

From the Dark Side
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #484 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 11:09:37 »

Again though Phil where else will the advertise this. its pointless doing it on the os
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 12:09:49 »

They said this morning in the ticket office they sold 129 yesterday alone......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 12:19:00 »

Published figures show the last 4 days sales as : 63, 71, 57, 126 . Yes I am sad enough to count.

But this 'ramp up' was surely due to the deadline. We may eek out a few more sales (which is good), but I'm not sure it will be that many.

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 12:47:36 »

I'm still convinced that some who go to matches don't realise how the deal works. Even some who post on this site don't know all the details.
I would recommend that the club get some volunteers to help the club out with promoting the deal on match days we have between now & the deadline. They could either appeal direct, or through the TRUST/ supporters club.
They could also get some bods to drop leaflets through letter boxes. en masse.
I know I would help.

From the Dark Side
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #488 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 20:21:38 »

If we get 6k we should get the buzz around the place for the first game.

If we don't get 6k we'll just look a bit desperate like this whole promotion was the be all and end all imo.

Either way I think those that purchased should be very pleased and appreciative of the board and should forget about those who didn't buy.
flammableBen

« Reply #489 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 20:29:19 »

I'm still convinced that some who go to matches don't realise how the deal works. Even some who post on this site don't know all the details.
I would recommend that the club get some volunteers to help the club out with promoting the deal on match days we have between now & the deadline. They could either appeal direct, or through the TRUST/ supporters club.
They could also get some bods to drop leaflets through letter boxes. en masse.
I know I would help.

I disagree a bit. I think that leafleting random houses is on a loser for cost vs. possible season ticket sales.

At some point we just have to accept that even with the good deal on the table, there just aren't 6000 people willing to buy season tickets. With the adver, radio Swindon, the advertisements around (especially the ones in the non-Swindon area, I've spied one at Bath train station), the web and word of mouth, there are only going to be few interested people who don't know about the offer. It's not worth the leafleting/advertising cost to let them know, not without an easy way and cost effective way of getting to them. It would be great if you could just print off a list of people who don't know, but you can't. So err.. yeah.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #490 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 20:33:07 »

I disagree a bit. I think that leafleting random houses is on a loser for cost vs. possible season ticket sales.

At some point we just have to accept that even with the good deal on the table, there just aren't 6000 people willing to buy season tickets. With the adver, radio Swindon, the advertisements around (especially the ones in the non-Swindon area, I've spied one at Bath train station), the web and word of mouth, there are only going to be few interested people who don't know about the offer. It's not worth the leafleting/advertising cost to let them know, not without an easy way and cost effective way of getting to them.

I agree.

If we don't make 6,000 all it does is bring up some home truths about this clubs fanbase. Whether it be how well followed we are or how despite years of moaning many are still unwilling to commit despite a great deal being offered.

We shall see.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 21:22:21 »

a workmate of mine who is a brighton fan got his Town season ticket yesterday, i was quite pleasantly surprised to find out!

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 16:04:20 »

Why didnt the club offer everyone a free shirt regardless of how many sold.....i think it could of made a fair difference,many people who are dithering could be swayed into getting a ticket if guaranteed a shirt.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 16:09:08 »

Because perhaps its not financially viable unless they sell the full 6000?

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, August 3, 2008, 16:18:35 »

I still think they should give all ST holders the £229 price just to piss everyone who didn't get one because they didn't think we'd reach 6k off.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: