Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64309 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:13:53 »

4,407 today then. Not 4600 Sad That's if the figure is to be believed as wasn't the last release 4396?
flammableBen

« Reply #376 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:19:19 »

I think they are using a vary strange counting system.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:40:22 »

I think they are using a vary strange counting system.

I think they are using the new 'BrianHillier' system which misses out a few sales every now and again.
 My guess is come the final week of the offer another 1,000 sales suddenly appear by magic.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:45:57 »

Do you think the ticket office guys include free kids but the board do not?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:06:58 »

Do you think the ticket office guys include free kids but the board do not?

I know we aren't likely to do as many in the week as the weekend, but 11 in 3 days seems low! We have been doing an average of 30 a day (from OS figures), but for a couple of weeks not the OS figures have been static with sudden rises (av 30 day), then static, then rise, etc.

I think whoever gave the explanation of them not counting them until they are filed (which they probably only do in batches) is more likely.

flammableBen

« Reply #380 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:08:16 »

I know we aren't likely to do as many in the week as the weekend, but 11 in 3 days seems low! We have been doing an average of 30 a day (from OS figures), but for a couple of weeks not the OS figures have been static with sudden rises (av 30 day), then static, then rise, etc.

I think whoever gave the explanation of them not counting them until they are filed (which they probably only do in batches) is more likely.

But then why would they only file 11? Unless someone started just before they went home or something.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 11:46:06 »

I see the OWS now states over 4,400 sold, so it looks like they're on a couple of day delay in comparison with what people get told in the ticket office.  Just a thought.
Dazzza

« Reply #382 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 13:40:35 »

Pay day for a lot of folk today so hopefully the numbers will go up over the weekend.

Just had a look at the Port Vale offer, which people have been comparing to our own tickets and they do offer the option to pay in three installments opposed to our two.  Does anyone believe spreading the cost a little more would encourage a few more punters to sign up?

Lets face it a lot of people live hand to mouth over the course of a week/month so the option to spread the hit over a few installments must make it more of an attractive option.  Although is it attractive in a Charlotte Church way or more of a Cheryl Gascoine?

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #383 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 13:43:36 »

Just got mine was fairly busy about 15-20 people waiting to get theirs.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 14:02:27 »

Pay day for a lot of folk today so hopefully the numbers will go up over the weekend.

Just had a look at the Port Vale offer, which people have been comparing to our own tickets and they do offer the option to pay in three installments opposed to our two.  Does anyone believe spreading the cost a little more would encourage a few more punters to sign up?

Lets face it a lot of people live hand to mouth over the course of a week/month so the option to spread the hit over a few installments must make it more of an attractive option.  Although is it attractive in a Charlotte Church way or more of a Cheryl Gascoine?

Yes - completely agree with this. If they spread it over a few more managable chunks I'd be there, but as it is, I'm not going to be able to afford one when you take into account travelling will add double the cost of the season ticket and then some ...

I get to games as much as I can anyway, but they do need to offer better payment options ...
Dazzza

« Reply #385 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 14:30:57 »

I suppose two hits means less admin and less exposure from grubby little urchins that are unable to pay the 2nd or 3rd installments but I can see where you're coming from entirely Terry.

Possibly worth mentioning to the club after all setting up a 3rd or 4th installment option would only take a little admin to implement.

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 14:41:24 »

Sorry I really can't see this. If you spend £15- £20 per week PLUS travelling on football in the season, why can't you spend £20 a week on it in the close season. If you had done this when the offer was announced you'd have the first installment now. Alternatively put it on a card !
I'm not trying to be unsympathetic, & realise that things is tight, but I don't see how they could have done more.

From the Dark Side
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 14:48:08 »

I hope that we make 5000 as that will certainly be a decent total, like to think we will make 6000 but with 6 days to go it looks unlikely now, but even so the board are still to be applauded forsight for the offer, and hopefully everyone will make their 2nd payment as well by the deadline, and we can look forward to a good atmospere next season.

I do think though if we had bought a couple of more players in then we may have sold a few more - although not another 1000 !
 Har har
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 14:58:18 »

I may be cluthing at straws here , but I think the OS is a bit behind the ticket office. Therefore we could already have sold a few more. This weekend will be crunch time though. Hoping the last minute rush happens. 200 a day would be good !

From the Dark Side
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 15:06:22 »

Question is, could we deal with 1400 sales in a week if required ? I'd have to doubt it - as the spread wouldn't be even.

Cue complaints from those who have waited until late in the day and are then surprised if there are huge queues.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: