Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town target Bosman 11....  (Read 2059 times)
Dazzza

« on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:30:45 »

Always a good end of season game, feel free to nod and agree or tear to shreds...

GK - Chris Wright (Arsenal) Played in the reserve game last week on trial and by all accounts is quite a bright prospect that hasn't had much of a chance at the Arse.  Premiership experience to boot but all in all I'd rather take a gamble on a youngster rather than go for a few of the old heads about like Talia and Milldi.

RB - Richard Edghill (QPR) Experienced defender with a decent pedigree, been unlucky with an injury this season that has left him out of the team.  One of those decent players that may just be off the radar of a lot of managers and have to take a drop.

LB - Mo Camara (Burnley) Tough position to fill as not much about, will in reality probably re-sign for the Clarets but a cracking player in the King mould.  Loads of pace, big, strong and the suspect delivery to boot.

CD - Sinisa Mihajlovic (Inter) Another veteran in the mould of the manager, perhaps he could give King some post match interview tips.

CD - Ben Futcher (Lincoln) 6'7 Man Mountain and one of the most promising defenders in the lower leagues, gets a few goals to boot.

LW - Paul Edwards (Blackpoo) Probably another unlikely one but worth a sniff never the less.

RW -  Nicky Summerbee (Free) People say good players should never come back as poor Viveash proved last season.  However this is one chap who I think could have one last hooraa for the Town.  Plenty of assists this season an some cracking performances for Bradford but an upset with Todd saw him depart from the club a month back.

CM - Junior Lewis (Hull) Set to be offered a new contract so it's not a realistic one but a player who could probably work wonders along side Grant Smith next season.

CM - Charlie Miller (Brann) Scotch egg playing in Norway, great player bags of talent and still in his prime.  Strange move as he was regarded as one of the bright young things so I'm told in Scotchland.  

ST - Alun Armstrong (Darlington) A player who seems to have put his injury woes behind him and is back on the come back trail.  Scored a decent amount this season for Darlington but with the right players around him he could prove to be a real asset.

ST - Bruce Dyer (Watford) surprisingly looks to be on his way out of Watford in the summer as they attempt to strive off oblivion from the creditors.  Not prolific but a dependable 15 or so goals a season man and may well find the drop in leagues will allow him to break the 20 goal barrier.  Be a tad expensive on the wage front but throw in the incentives use a bit of the Parkin money and away you go.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:43:06 »

The keeper from Arsenal wasn't Stuart Taylor, although he's a bloody good player.
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:44:55 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
The keeper from Arsenal wasn't Stuart Taylor, although he's a bloody good player.

I realised that after I posted.  Bugger, never mind think I'll take that bit out.   Wink

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:45:44 »

I saw nothing, guv.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:46:45 »

I was a bit surprised by that, I'd take Taylor over Evans anyday.

Sinisa Mihajlovoic....probably the best left footed kicker of a football I've ever seen.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 16:48:33 »

I saw nothing, guv.

I really did mean Chris Wright honest!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 17:15:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Sinisa Mihajlovoic....probably the best left footed kicker of a football I've ever seen.

Shame he's a fascist cunt really.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 29, 2005, 17:40:23 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Shame he's a fascist cunt really.

what even better than smithy  Soapy Tit Wank

i've seen that mihajlovoic shoot from everywhere on italian footy, he would be entertaining at least  Smiley

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 30, 2005, 09:57:20 »

where can we get a list of players going out of contract in the summer? cause you can normally find one somewhere on the net!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 1, 2005, 14:07:21 »

I watched Paul Edwards play yesterday and he was utter shite.

Every time he got the ball he'd go past his man and fall over (seriously, he did), and on the rare occasion he did stay on his feet he couldn't cross for honey.
And when it came to defending, every time the right winger got a ball into the box he was still stood on the half-way line.

Definitely a waste of money if you ask me.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 1, 2005, 21:48:53 »

Nicky Sumerbee would be a good aquisition didnt King look at him a few yrs back?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 2, 2005, 10:14:34 »

He might have done. Bradford have been about as crap as we have so worth a look, and he can take one hell of a free kick!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 2, 2005, 15:18:04 »

That XI doesn't look impressively strong - I wouldn't expect a team like that to get promoted in all honesty.  Out of that I'd only really take: Edgehill, Summerbee, Lewis and Dyer, and I'd have my reservations over Dyer and Summerbee.

Armstrong is past it - he wouldn't have gone to Darlo otherwise and I doubt he'd be up to the task.  Mihajolivic and Mo Camara would be fantastic but that's never going to happen!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 2, 2005, 21:11:07 »

Bring back Summerbee, a right winger is what we've been missing for years....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: