Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Test squad  (Read 2532 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 14:09:39 »

England squad: MP Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt), AN Cook (Essex), AJ Strauss (Middlesex), KP Pietersen (Hampshire), IR Bell (Warwickshire), PD Collingwood (Durham), TR Ambrose (Warwickshire, wkt), SCJ Broad (Nottinghamshire), RJ Sidebottom (Nottinghamshire), MS Panesar (Northamptonshire), JM Anderson (Lancashire), MJ Hoggard (Yorkshire).

Not much of a shock to see Hoggy back after Freddie had to pull out.Might work out for the best in the long run,still think we should be looking to bring him back for the South Africans.

Glorious weather today,bet its raining by Thursday though!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:49:06 »

Flintoff is long gone. He's not even close to his best anymore.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:50:48 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Flintoff is long gone. He's not even close to his best anymore.

hahahaha

10 wickets at an average of 16 suggests otherwise

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:52:14 »

He hasn't played well for England for a long time. Not since the Ashes. I wouldn't include him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:54:26 »

No, but for most of that time he hasn't been fully fit. Let him regain fitness and form with lancashire, and he'll still be one of the best players in the world.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:55:47 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
No, but for most of that time he hasn't been fully fit. Let him regain fitness and form with lancashire, and he'll still be one of the best players in the world.

But that's the point. Will he ever get fully fit? I somehow doubt it. He's nearly as bad as Corr.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:56:51 »

Hes actually had a decentish lay-off now, without a massive rush to get him back. give him a chance

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 15:58:45 »

It's worrying the amount of pressure being put on Flintoff to get fit, he needs to be given time to get some rhythm in, especially with the bat. His batting has declined a lot, which surely is half the point in including an all rounder? Just get Dimi in, he's a budget Flintoff.

On the bright side, a fair few handy looking players with the Lions, particularly Carberry.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 16:09:08 »

Freddie's bowling has been very good so far this season Rich,his batting not so good,but thats been the case for a while now.Still i'm sure if he hadn't got the side strain he'd be in the squad,not that i'd agree with that,let him get some more county games in and save him for the South Africans.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 16:48:15 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Freddie's bowling has been very good so far this season Rich,his batting not so good,but thats been the case for a while now.Still i'm sure if he hadn't got the side strain he'd be in the squad,not that i'd agree with that,let him get some more county games in and save him for the South Africans.

The step up to international level though Larwood is a big one for him now sadly. I'd love him to prove me wrong but i can't see it sadly.
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 20:10:33 »

Well I think that Fred gets into the team on bowling alone. His batting is a bonus.

Also, he is good in the slips, somewhere we're lacking a bit now that Tresco and Giles have retired.
dell boy

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 09:37:45 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Quote from: "larwood"

The step up to international level though Larwood is a big one for him now sadly. I'd love him to prove me wrong but i can't see it sadly.

Better to bring him in against New Zealand than rest him for the South African series, needs to come back as a bowler only and not an all-rounder, think those days are over for now for Freddie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: