Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 4084 [4085] 4086 4087 4088 ... 4146   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9734206 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #61260 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 18:27:22 »

Well that one didn't leak at all, fair play.

More Miguels at STFC please, I liked Comminges.

Hopefully a sensible depth move and not a sign that Delaney is more injured than they're letting on.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #61261 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 18:29:48 »

Another left sided defender. Makes sense for him to step up I guess.

Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #61262 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 19:23:02 »

Have we ever had so many giants? We should score a bundle from corners/free kicks/long throws.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #61263 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 19:23:14 »

Looks like he can play CB or LB so will add some depth in both positions.
Not sure he’s a LWB though
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #61264 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 19:46:49 »

Sheff United seem suprised he’s not gone to League One. Signed a new two year deal with them last week.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #61265 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 20:34:09 »

CB slots finished then, overall seems better than last year but a lot hinges on Delaney and Hall being on the pitch. Thought we might see Johnson break out a bit this season with that in mind as the left sided CB but this new lad seems to be of similar type.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #61266 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 21:32:17 »

Wouldn't surprise me if we see Johnston go out on loan?
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #61267 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 21:38:02 »

Wouldn't surprise me if we see Johnston go out on loan?

I don't think they'll risk it with Hall & Delaney's histories. Maybe in the 2nd half of the season if he's not played much but not before then.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #61268 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 06:21:39 »

Sheff United seem suprised he’s not gone to League One. Signed a new two year deal with them last week.
Anyone any idea of length of loan ?.    Looks a good signing on paper.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #61269 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 07:27:40 »

Season but option to recall in January.

Sounds like a Jerel Ifil type defender but with more ball control.  I think he’ll be a starter for us with Delaney not fit yet
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #61270 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 07:51:37 »

Gut feeling is this is one of the more likely to be recalled loans. By the sounds of it, most expected him to go to League One and they highly rate him so he’ll either play sufficient minutes with us and then get bumped up to League One in Jan (e.g Crichlow) or won’t get sufficient minutes here and get recalled and sent elsewhere.

With that in mind, if Johnson is a similar profile then getting him out on loan for 6 months and ready to come back and fill that spot in Jan doesn’t seem like the worst idea.

Although if this is our most pressing squad decision to make come deadline day then we’ll have done well.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61271 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 08:10:01 »

Small sample size but here is some comments from Spirites.

"Crap imo, but other people have different ideas. He frightened me to death. Better as a left back than a CB, but that could be down to having a bit less defending to do."

No I agree I didn’t rate him much either in the end. He started okay but as time went on I went off him. Prone to an absolute stinker where he looks like he’s never played football before.

Had one very good game which was against Watford in the FA cup which gives some of our fans this false impression that he was good for us & that we should bring him back this summer. But he wasn’t, he was average and I’m glad we didn’t go back in.

The good things about him are that he’s fast, athletic and has a decent passing range too."

Bad points, he's a bit lummoxy in defence, switches off and loses his man constantly and day dreams. He's an 'all the gear, no idea' sort of guy in terms of the physical attributes are there but the brain as a defender isn't. I think he might lose his way if he doesn't nail his position as well, as you wouldn't class him as a flying wing back, and he's frightening as a CB."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #61272 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 09:49:34 »

Have we ever had so many giants? We should score a bundle from corners/free kicks/long throws.
Its the first time that I remember in my 50 yeard of following the club that we have had so many genuinely big players, the only other time was under Flitcroft I would think when he overhauled the defence with big lumps.

We had Purkiss, Preston, Robertson, Lancashire, Rollin Menayese and also had Joe Romanski all of which were all well over 6 foot.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #61273 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 09:50:21 »

An article about him from May I found online.

Miguel Freckleton who had a starring role in Chesterfield’s title win this season is out of contract with recently relegated Sheffield United.

Freckleton’s appearances have inspired a lot of interest with Norwich City, Leicester City and Bristol City all extremely keen.

Sheffield United have made an offer to extend, Chesterfield very interested too.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61274 on: Saturday, July 27, 2024, 10:01:03 »

Two replies in twitter asking the lines of solid but don't let him play out from the back
Pages: 1 ... 4082 4083 4084 [4085] 4086 4087 4088 ... 4146   Go Up
Print
Jump to: