Pages: 1 ... 4080 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 4086 ... 4146   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9734213 times)
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #61230 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 11:44:17 »

Kind of should be though right? 2 players per position. If we say Cain and +1 as the more creative spot in the midfield three. Then we need 4 players for the other 2 positions. Thats Clarke, Ofoborh, khan and +1 right? I guess we have Dworzak, Mitchell and Brown, but i dont know what to think about those 3.

Dworzak was not close last year. Mitchell i have no idea about. Brown you would expect to go out on loan right?

In an ideal Swindon Town yes, but this isn't an ideal Swindon Town. Im okay either way with Kahn and Bostock situation. I'd rather Cain goes to be honest but who is gonna buy him? I just want some creativity in that midfield.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #61231 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 11:48:45 »

If Cains contract ended last season he gets released right? Thats the truth of it.

I'm okay with him as back up as long as we sign that proper creative player.

And yeah i take your point i'm talking ideal world, which we are a long way from!

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #61232 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 11:50:28 »

I’m not sure, you’d like to think there would be room. If we’re going to play with 2 deeper midfielders and 1 further forward then Ofoborh, Clarke, Khan and Bostock is the sufficient experienced options you’d expect in that area, 2 for each position and the 4 of them cover a range of roles (Ofoborh more destroyer, Bostock more possession based from deep, Clarke and Khan box to box) and all a range of energy.

Cains the one I’d let go to allow another first team quality CAM to compete with McGurk.

Although all of that is applied to a squad being built to challenge for promotion like they’ve claimed, if that’s not true and we’re going to middle again then it doesn’t matter.

Yeah where McGurk fits is a good point. He's played as one of 2 up top in midfield, either because we dont have a 4th forward, or thats where Kennedy sees him.

Even if he was considered AM with Cain, i feel we need something else there. McGurk is very young with very little experience and was very up and down last season.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #61233 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 11:53:43 »

Im sure we will add creativity, but I just want it NOW whether it's decent creativity or not is a different thing. Im going to predict they bring in a decent creative mid from the Championship but he hasn't played a full season in about five years
« Last Edit: Friday, July 26, 2024, 11:56:35 by iParadise » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61234 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 12:00:59 »

It definitely started better than usual, it's just got bogged down a bit since.

Coincidentally just in time for ST renewals after our worst sesson ever!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61235 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 12:06:18 »

Coincidentally just in time for ST renewals after our worst sesson ever!

I think they passed the test with getting some business done early, but I'm waiting to see how the squad is come kick off at Chesterfield before making too many judgements.

We've yet to dip into the loan market which I suspect will happen into August when Premier league sides sort themselves out and excess players filter down.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #61236 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 12:18:15 »

Not to draw conclusions from Preseason, but i see Chesterfield battered Derby 4-0!
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #61237 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 12:46:10 »

Not to draw conclusions from Preseason, but i see Chesterfield battered Derby 4-0!
And also got beat 3-0 at home by both Nottm Forest and Sheff Utd.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #61238 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 12:48:32 »

Bath beat the Vile. All meaningless.
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #61239 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 13:41:00 »

Saw the highlights, Derby looked fatigued from the outset with their manager stating that was the case due to double training sessions. Chesterfield were prepared to contest a game and looked rested.  So, you can't really deduce anything from the outcome.
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #61240 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 14:18:12 »

Saw the highlights, Derby looked fatigued from the outset with their manager stating that was the case due to double training sessions. Chesterfield were prepared to contest a game and looked rested.  So, you can't really deduce anything from the outcome.

We had something similar a couple of seasons ago. Can't remember which manager it was under but he spoke about wanting to test players when they were tired.

Guessing it's part of the thinking for football preseason now.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #61241 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 14:20:52 »

We had something similar a couple of seasons ago. Can't remember which manager it was under but he spoke about wanting to test players when they were tired.

Guessing it's part of the thinking for football preseason now.

Scott Lindsey. It wasn't that long ago!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #61242 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 14:27:25 »

Scott Lindsey. It wasn't that long ago!!

Pretty sure he got slated after saying it as well didn’t he?
« Last Edit: Friday, July 26, 2024, 15:36:07 by Quagmire » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #61243 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 14:33:32 »

Pretty sure he got stated after saying it as well didn’t he?

That squad was so unfit as well.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #61244 on: Friday, July 26, 2024, 15:35:47 »

Pretty sure he got stated after saying it as well didn’t he?

He was, pretty much ridiculed. People were already unhappy with his appointment (the length of time taken didn't help) and so things like this, and the old 'box entries' chat never helped either.

Let's not do the Scott Lindsay discussion now if we can help it, it's been done to death! Smiley (plus this is the transfers thread don't forget)

Pages: 1 ... 4080 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 4086 ... 4146   Go Up
Print
Jump to: