Pages: 1 ... 4020 4021 4022 [4023] 4024 4025 4026 ... 4149   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9830747 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60330 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:00:19 »

Is that Ryan Whelan?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #60331 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:14:16 »

Is that Ryan Whelan?

It's not. It's a Bradford fan who runs it. Seems to get bits & bobs right about Town somehow.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60332 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:18:12 »

It's not. It's a Bradford fan who runs it. Seems to get bits & bobs right about Town somehow.

Ah ok. I assume these kind of journalists tend to interact with lower league fans so much as they know they are guaranteed interaction/clicks?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #60333 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:22:58 »

Ah ok. I assume these kind of journalists tend to interact with lower league fans so much as they know they are guaranteed interaction/clicks?

I've listened once on twitter a few months back & he's not as bad as the tweets go. He knows Town fans bite hard.

in farness to the latest post he was going at Walker & his claim Payne was at the club yesterday......Mr Morshead kyboshed that.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60334 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:27:58 »

I again encourage every person with a twitter account to block that twat Walker and his rumours accounts. Just makes shite up for his weird social media obsessions.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #60335 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:42:30 »

Is that Ryan Whelan?

No but he did work for Whelan running a podcast but in January, (or somewhen around then) he published an article through Whelan's publication saying Graham Alexander had been sacked by Bradford. Turned out to be widely wrong, they had to apologise and Whelan sacked him.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:45:17 by iParadise » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #60336 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:15:55 »

promotion sides are not always composed of brilliant players, sometimes a round peg in a round hole is good enough
I agree, which is why Im a bit surprised at the level of expectation when it comes to us signing players
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:07:04 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60337 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:01:49 »

Crawley just got promoted with the likes of Ronan Darcy for Christ sake. It just shows

1. How poor this league is
2. How achievable promotion is even if you're not that great and
3. Just further highlights how much of a shit show we really have been the last few years.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60338 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:16:52 »

We smashed 5 past Wrexham in one game and 6 past Crawley in another game, yet both got promoted.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60339 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 16:24:26 »

I agree, which is why Im a bit surprised at the level of expectation when it comes to us signing players

What level of expectation?  honest question, because I don't really see much either way on the thread.

I would certainly expect us to sign the majority of our first team to be players with some degree of experience or footballing know how (not all over 30, just have some games in their legs or have that something about them that means they can handle a bit of pressure).  Layered on top you get some younger and more risky signings to build a squad out.  You do that while ensuring you have good coverage of the positions you will likely need based on how you want to play (not three or four LWB's).

Then you add a competent Manager into the mix and you stand a chance.  Flitcroft is a good example of  putting together a squad that could fit what he wanted and had some games under their belt.  It was horrific to watch, and he was short on the quality needed, so it was pretty dire stuff, but he wasn't a million miles away.  The squad for two and a bit years is below that level!
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #60340 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 17:59:42 »

Jamie Russell confirms we’d be silly not to approach Payne.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24381217.swindon-town-confirm-charlton-athletic-midfielder-interest/

Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60341 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 20:17:22 »

Well, so far so good.

We’ve re-signed 2 players who most of wanted to re-sign and signed 2 permanent new players who, again, most are positive about.

If this level of recruitment continues there could be some cause for optimism for the coming season.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60342 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 07:14:29 »

Well, so far so good.

We’ve re-signed 2 players who most of wanted to re-sign and signed 2 permanent new players who, again, most are positive about.

If this level of recruitment continues there could be some cause for optimism for the coming season.

This is true and fair. I actually think looking back to last summer the vast majority of the players we signed were at least okay if not actually good - there just weren't enough of them and it left us massively short in key areas.

So volume is important as well as quality! First permanent signing wasn't until super late last year, so we're ahead of ourselves on that too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60343 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 07:22:12 »

Liam Kinsella was our first perm signing last year, on 28th July.

The difference this year is we have to recruit in bigger numbers. Its good we've started early but for me the jury will be firmly out until we have a proper squad or until the transfer window shuts.

If I were contemplating ST renewal I'd not be impressed enough yet to do it.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #60344 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 07:26:47 »

Liam Kinsella was our first perm signing last year, on 28th July.

The difference this year is we have to recruit in bigger numbers. Its good we've started early but for me the jury will be firmly out until we have a proper squad or until the transfer window shuts.

If I were contemplating ST renewal I'd not be impressed enough yet to do it.

Yeah thats fair, the two week extension has not realised seen enough happen to sway people.

I'm kind concerned about the assistant manager thing. Kennedy seemed very sure at his interview. I guess it could just be holidays etc.

I'd like to hear from Kennedy again.
Pages: 1 ... 4020 4021 4022 [4023] 4024 4025 4026 ... 4149   Go Up
Print
Jump to: