Pages: 1 ... 4015 4016 4017 [4018] 4019 4020 4021 ... 4149   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9840940 times)
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60255 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:01:44 »

Naysayer reckons 1 year deal and can leave on a free.

If that’s right it’s madness.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #60256 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:07:39 »

To be fair to the club, any other season in the last 4 years and those 2 players don't sign, so it feels a positive in that sense.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #60257 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:13:29 »

Yep, a positive, but not the one we are all waiting for.

I see Morsehead in his Ink article talks about experienced CB and Wingers (plural).

It starts to get more exciting if 2 or 3 of those sign this week honestly.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #60258 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:32:35 »

Where is that coming from?

Sounds about right...
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60259 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:36:05 »

Jason Cockerton on FB.

Cock bit sounds about right!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60260 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:38:27 »

Surely not!?!?!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #60261 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:41:01 »

If its a 1 year deal, then of course he can leave on a free! Maybe we have a yeah option based on how the year goes.

Who the hell cares this is just some bell-end posting negative nonsense to feed on peoples negative feeling. Move on.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #60262 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 16:48:24 »

If its a 1 year deal, then of course he can leave on a free! Maybe we have a yeah option based on how the year goes.

Who the hell cares this is just some bell-end posting negative nonsense to feed on peoples negative feeling. Move on.

Sorry, I read it as a £0 release clause in essence.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #60263 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 17:07:55 »

We are in exactly the same place as we were when the Trust called the club out, bar naming a manager and signing 1 player.  The important stuff and the things that the survey and letter called the club out on haven't changed at all, so far.

The manager is better than GG and the 1 player is the type of player we should be signing, but for me, until i see evidence that the club/ownership is changing it's ways, i will watch the signings being announced with less enthusiasm than i have for many a year.  Until that bit is fixed or at least improved, we will not reach the success levels that we are looking for.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 10, 2024, 17:55:59 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60264 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 17:17:28 »

We are in exactly the same place as we were when the Trust called club out, bar naming a manager and signing 1 player.  The important stuff and the things that the survey and letter called the club out on haven't changed at all, so far.

The manager is better than GG and the 1 player is the type of player we should be signing, but for me, until i see evidence that the club/ownership is changing it's ways, i will watch the signings being announced with less enthusiasm than i have for many a year.  Until that bit is fixed or at least improved, we will not reach the success levels that we are looking for.

This.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #60265 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 17:25:17 »

That is the issue though,  I don't think they can differentiate what is being asked of them.

I can well imagine that they thought just bringing in a manager would have a much bigger boost than it has.

TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #60266 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 17:51:10 »

By the way, I want to be clear, if I was in charge I'd want to get Oforborh and McGurk to sign extensions, they are both players worthy of keeping onboard.  I'm just saying that their extensions do not improve us from where we were at the end of the season.  They do not fix anything.

A signing like Clarke is what we need (on paper at least), plus another 9.
I do think we need to also take into consideration management and coaching when saying these players were not good enough last season. Some weren't that's for sure but these showed more promise than others and i think we should see what happens under a proper manager and coaching set up before assuming they are not good enough
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60267 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 18:14:35 »

I'm not saying those two were not good enough - I'm saying they are not additions to a squad that failed miserably, despite their individual talents.  In both cases, they were available to us for a reason - both should NOT be relied upon as first team players, not yet.  Both have considerable risks associated with them.  They are both good to have though - in both cases, if the risks never materialise, and they go on to show the flashes are what they can deliver, then they both end up being good players for the club.
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #60268 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 18:15:06 »

I do think we need to also take into consideration management and coaching when saying these players were not good enough last season. Some weren't that's for sure but these showed more promise than others and i think we should see what happens under a proper manager and coaching set up before assuming they are not good enough
It makes it even more impressive how Glatzel did considering he had a proper manager for about 3 days of his STFC career…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #60269 on: Monday, June 10, 2024, 18:17:16 »

I agree with that. Flynn had no idea and GG was a car crash ultimately. MC Gurk,Glatzel,Ofobohr and Drinan all improved us to a certain extent and with a pre season under their belt can surely only improve further
« Last Edit: Monday, June 10, 2024, 18:22:18 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 4015 4016 4017 [4018] 4019 4020 4021 ... 4149   Go Up
Print
Jump to: