Pages: 1 ... 3967 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 3973 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8982012 times)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #59535 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 18:26:09 »

I assume we don’t have an option on Nnamdi Ofoborh judging by todays presser comments. Anyone know?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59536 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 20:22:11 »

Probably just been used to get him fit as no one else would touch him, then moves to a higher league.
Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest tbh
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #59537 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 21:26:52 »

Do you think the manager will have an input - Jamie Russell seems to make all the decisions

You've accidentally spelt 'Chris Kiely' as 'Jamie Russell' there

Same as when people kept writing 'Sandro di Michele' last year, when they meant to be writing 'Chris Kiely'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59538 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 07:08:15 »

‘ However, Gunning was keen to clear up that the club have the option to extend the forward’s contract for another season and he would be a Swindon player.

He said: “I knew you were going to ask me ‘Do they have a contract extension?’ Yes, we do. We have an option on Paul, so he will be here. He is here, 100 per cent he is here.’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59539 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 07:34:50 »

‘ However, Gunning was keen to clear up that the club have the option to extend the forward’s contract for another season and he would be a Swindon player.

He said: “I knew you were going to ask me ‘Do they have a contract extension?’ Yes, we do. We have an option on Paul, so he will be here. He is here, 100 per cent he is here.’

That means one of two things.

1.) He won’t be a Swindon player next season
2.) He will be a Swindon player next season & get a season ending injury in July
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59540 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 07:45:05 »

‘possibly the DM whose name escapes me are all that immediately spring to mind.’ This bit made me smile and resonates with me and I’m sure many others in as much as at one time not to long ago, you knew who everyone was. If I stood at the players entrance on a match day I’d have to keep saying who’s that?, Who’s that.

It's the problem with the way we seem to approach each season by basically annexing the squad and starting again with practically a new one. It doesn't really allow for players and fans to bond properly as it's very much a revolving door. I guess that's modern football at our level now.

I did forget about McGurk, another who has been put on the back burner for him to slip my mind! (i'm sure there are others)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59541 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 10:30:06 »

That means one of two things.

1.) He won’t be a Swindon player next season
2.) He will be a Swindon player next season & get a season ending injury in July

3) Here today sold tomorrow (or January 1st)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #59542 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 11:06:13 »

“ Consistency with the bulk, but pieces need to change.”

Gunning’s quote from the presser worries me a bit to how they’re looking at this squad. It’s not a 80% there squad that needs tweaks, consistency with this squad absolutely should not be the aim. I’m someone who hates ripping the squad up every year but we’ve seen enough of this group (some over 2 years) to know that we’re in a situation where you’d only really want to take 4, maybe 5 players onwards into next year.

Not that I think we will change the squad up that much but it’s what we need
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59543 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 11:15:03 »

I'd love to see us try and put together a squad of players that we can look to build on year on year. If you take Peterborough for example, they appear to have a policy of signing players on 4 year contracts, which allows them to properly build consistent squads. They constantly are there or there abouts at the top of league 1, so their plan clearly works, and if anything, they are probably punching slightly above their weight.

Clearly if we are going down the route of picking up players that have had questionable injury pasts on the cheap, 4 year contracts make no sense. It's evident we don't have any cohesive long term planning when it comes to building our squads, and until that happens, I can't see many better seasons than this one for a while.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59544 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 13:52:40 »

I presume there is something to be said about having longer term contracts and forcing a Manager to actually work on improving the output of what they have, rather than thinking they can just start again in 6 months.

With us, I very much doubt we hold most of this squad together, but not because we look to improve, more because it seem to be what we do, churn players, for no discernable goal (maybe there is something to the agent world being nodded at?)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #59545 on: Friday, April 12, 2024, 16:20:42 »

Whatever will be, will be in the summer - for better or for worse…
I don’t think I’d lose much sleep over anyone leaving nor would I be incandescent with rage if certain players stayed.

Regards to the defence - they’ve drawn the short straw this year with regards to tactics (particularly under Flynn) and personnel in midfield. Repeating myself but I’d prioritise a midfield rebuild over a defence rebuild…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #59546 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 10:17:17 »

Has anyone else had the fleeting notion that we've already agreed to sell McGurk and we're keeping him out of harm's way?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #59547 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 10:21:07 »

Has anyone else had the fleeting notion that we've already agreed to sell McGurk and we're keeping him out of harm's way?

This is the sort of idea that I’d usually call batshit crazy but we’re now at a point where if I really thought about it, I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Personally though I’m not sure, he’s shown glimpses of talent and is highly rated but surely Glatzel would have more concrete suitors.

The thing with these players we “signed” (took over their contracts) in Jan is that because we couldn’t pay a fee, I wonder if we had to agree to some stupidly high % sell ons to sweeten the deal with their former clubs, in which case we’d be making very little money on these players at this stage.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #59548 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 10:28:43 »

The thing with these players we “signed” (took over their contracts) in Jan is that because we couldn’t pay a fee, I wonder if we had to agree to some stupidly high % sell ons to sweeten the deal with their former clubs, in which case we’d be making very little money on these players at this stage.

With season ticket sales at best sluggish, they’ll need every bean they can scrape together during the summer. So while any deals may include large sell on fees, 50k here and 50k there will be very welcome.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59549 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 11:04:57 »

With season ticket sales at best sluggish, they’ll need every bean they can scrape together during the summer. So while any deals may include large sell on fees, 50k here and 50k there will be very welcome.

Don't forget the block buster income from the exciting summer concerts and the father's day dinners at the club, avec 'wiped cream'

Pages: 1 ... 3967 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 3973 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: