Pages: 1 ... 3966 3967 3968 [3969] 3970 3971 3972 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8986114 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59520 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 09:25:14 »

But it does limit your options. Not like we are paying a fee for transfers mind.

In any case gunning is playing the experience card now, and the fans forum PowerPoint presentation on player maturity acknowledged we have a big gap between Charlie Austin down to everyone else.

People know what we need. Will it be addressed with sufficient quality and age? We'll see.

The problem is teams pay a premium for good experienced players, so that counts out cheapskate Morfuni.

We all know that we will wait until the end of the transfer window to make a lowball offer for someone nobody else has signed only for them to go off & play in the Indonesian super league (don’t know if this even exists).
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #59521 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 11:32:25 »

You should know by now that what the club says isn't always 100% the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We've had 'options' before that were actually first refusal subject to agreeing a wage for example.

I guess in that case somebody else held the registration. We do this time

I hope this has all been agreed up front, but it's not 100% certain that it has

You are explaining my spidee senses much better than i am

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59522 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 19:22:36 »

Tyreece Shade gets to Wembley in the FA Trophy with Solihull Moors
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #59523 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:38:14 »

One of my theories around the January bonanza of taking over the contracts of quite a few promising young players was to potentially drive up/cement the club sale value as they count as assets, especially as we didn't pay any fee for them too.

I’m not sure that’s how it works, I think player value on a purely account basis is linked to their contract value more than anything else

Things get better but they never get good
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #59524 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:47:55 »

I'm kinda hoping that the lack of discussion with players ref contract extensions means at this point Gunning isn't going to be in charge next season? Otherwise they would just start planning right?

But who knows with this mess of a club.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #59525 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 13:19:28 »

Tyreece Shade gets to Wembley in the FA Trophy with Solihull Moors

Good for him! Given the current malaise, this has actually made me smile a bit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #59526 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 14:37:07 »

I’m not sure that’s how it works, I think player value on a purely account basis is linked to their contract value more than anything else

In pure Accounting terms, they are not valued above their player registration fee.  They are traded in the Accounts, so appear in the P&L when sold (you should record the expense and income on sale), like buying and selling burgers.

However, when selling a business, you can ask for value derived from many different sources than just the Balance Sheet, or P&L.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59527 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 11:44:49 »

I'm kinda hoping that the lack of discussion with players ref contract extensions means at this point Gunning isn't going to be in charge next season? Otherwise they would just start planning right?

But who knows with this mess of a club.

Do you think the manager will have an input - Jamie Russell seems to make all the decisions
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #59528 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 12:04:34 »

Do you think the manager will have an input - Jamie Russell seems to make all the decisions

Well i think the manager does have an input. Russell does a lot of the work, but for example under Flynn, i think Flynn had to want them. Which may explain the lack of activity relatively under his stewardship.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59529 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 15:07:09 »

Well i think the manager does have an input. Russell does a lot of the work, but for example under Flynn, i think Flynn had to want them. Which may explain the lack of activity relatively under his stewardship.

Flynn was manager - had a say in everything - going forward it seems to be head coach role again
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #59530 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 15:11:12 »

I’m hoping the the lack of contract talks means they’ll be gone. The more I think about it the less I care about who’s here next year. Glatzel and the new midfielder. Get rid of the rest of them
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #59531 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 15:28:53 »

I’m hoping the the lack of contract talks means they’ll be gone. The more I think about it the less I care about who’s here next year. Glatzel and the new midfielder. Get rid of the rest of them

I understand the feeling, but this years recruitment was worse/cheaper than last years. Get rid of this lot and who knows what scraps we sign next season!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59532 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 15:33:05 »

The season we lost to Vale in the play-offs we 'famously' started the season with 6 players. There is probably a similar number i'd be happy to keep this term, off the top of my head Bycroft, Dokes, FBT, Kokolo, (Yes I know they are part of our consistently shit defence but I still think they are decent players individually) Glatzel and Drinan - possibly the DM whose name escapes me are all that immediately spring to mind.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #59533 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 15:51:14 »

The season we lost to Vale in the play-offs we 'famously' started the season with 6 players. There is probably a similar number i'd be happy to keep this term, off the top of my head Bycroft, Dokes, FBT, Kokolo, (Yes I know they are part of our consistently shit defence but I still think they are decent players individually) Glatzel and Drinan - possibly the DM whose name escapes me are all that immediately spring to mind.

‘possibly the DM whose name escapes me are all that immediately spring to mind.’ This bit made me smile and resonates with me and I’m sure many others in as much as at one time not to long ago, you knew who everyone was. If I stood at the players entrance on a match day I’d have to keep saying who’s that?, Who’s that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #59534 on: Thursday, April 11, 2024, 17:13:39 »

Mandy Okafor as I call him but Nnamdi Ofoborh is the lad. Would you not keep McGurk too?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 3966 3967 3968 [3969] 3970 3971 3972 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: