Pages: 1 ... 3453 3454 3455 [3456] 3457 3458 3459 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8974730 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #51825 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:44:36 »

Surely, most of those players linked would cost money - only Kinsella and Jephcott would be OOC.

4 of them listed are out of contract. Only Egbo and the Southend player aren’t. I can’t imagine the Southend player would cost much either.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51826 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:46:22 »

Surely, most of those players linked would cost money - only Kinsella and Jephcott would be OOC.
I dont think a smallish transfer fee would be much of an issue for them.

I expect Gills to spend big this summer and be a good option for the autos, they spent around £1m in the January window, they picked up 41 points from the New Year for the last 23 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51827 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:51:08 »

I'd be delighted to get Egbo back here but I guess all of his muckers + Garner are gone so no real reason for him to consider it other than vague cult hero status.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #51828 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:58:16 »

I'd be delighted to get Egbo back here but I guess all of his muckers + Garner are gone so no real reason for him to consider it other than vague cult hero status.

for everyone slating hutton for his apparent lack of defensive ability surely we wouldnt want egbo back for that reason. port vale away in the playoffs was one of the worst defensive displays i have seen from a player.

and it comparison to hutton- 15 games and 0 assists this season
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51829 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:30:29 »

for everyone slating hutton for his apparent lack of defensive ability surely we wouldnt want egbo back for that reason. port vale away in the playoffs was one of the worst defensive displays i have seen from a player.

and it comparison to hutton- 15 games and 0 assists this season

Literally zero recollection of him being shit in that game but I was overcome by vomit inducing nerves. He'd have had an assist for the blatant penalty we should have been given.

Edit: We also only lost 1-0... must have been worse defensive displays in that season alone!
« Last Edit: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:32:52 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51830 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:40:52 »

Literally zero recollection of him being shit in that game but I was overcome by vomit inducing nerves. He'd have had an assist for the blatant penalty we should have been given.

Edit: We also only lost 1-0... must have been worse defensive displays in that season alone!

I've had to wrack the memory banks of that game. We should have been 2-0 down after about 10 minutes, we started the game really really slowly and Egbo as well as the rest of the defence seemed to be still in the changing rooms as Vale had us on the wrack. I don't particularly remember him being that terrible that night.

I think the advantage that Egbo had was that he had searing pace and so was able to get back and recover to put in an aggressive challenge. Hutton isn't slow but doesn't have the same pace and isn't nearly as physical as Egbo was.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51831 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:43:51 »

I bet Colchester sign one of those players at most.
How comes we all seem to know Colchester’s finances all of a sudden?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #51832 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:44:54 »

Same reason every league 2 fans inevitably knows our finances.  Bullshit and supposition.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51833 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:45:08 »

I bet Colchester sign one of those players at most.
How comes we all seem to know Colchester’s finances all of a sudden?

I got an email from the Trust about it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51834 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:57:43 »

Same reason every league 2 fans inevitably knows our finances.  Bullshit and supposition.

You don’t say?

I just assumed every club has to publicly publish their budget and it went on a website fans could easily access.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #51835 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 15:04:25 »

Wollacott only played 16 games, he barely played after Garner left, lost his place to Maynard-Brewer around the New Year.

He picked up a serious injury that prevented him from going to the WC - and didn't get his place back after getting fit, but he is not a L2 keeper, far better
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #51836 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 15:21:57 »

Egbo’s rabona pass to McKirdy at Walsall last season is one of the best pieces of football I’ve ever seen. Had Harry’s volley gone in it would be a candidate for goal of the century, never mind the season.

Re Woolacott - I wasn’t overly impressed with him - he was very vulnerable defending crosses plus defending corners and free kicks.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51837 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 15:26:28 »

Get out of here! He was a more than decent keeper.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #51838 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 17:19:46 »

Been looking through the out of contract lists and there’s some decent quality out there, just a shame that none seem realistic.

Luke Southwood - GK - Reading
Cameron Norman - RB - Newport
Josh Emmanuel - RB - Grimsby
Priestley Farquharson - CB - Newport
Udoka Godwin-Malife - CB - FGR
Regan Hendry - MF - FGR
Taylor Moore - CB - Bristol City
Danny Mayor - MF - Plymouth

All caught the eye as interesting options in positions we need that will most likely get League One moves but could be targets for ambitious or willing to spend League Two clubs. Not that I can see any of them realistically ending up here. The types that I could see a Wrexham/Gillingham/Stockport splashing some cash to convince down here for next season.

The likes of Manny Monthe, Liam Kinsella, Mickey Demetriou, Danny Johnson, Charlie Raglan seem more realistic.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51839 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 17:21:25 »

And Jonny Smith

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 3453 3454 3455 [3456] 3457 3458 3459 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: