Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 2987 [2988] 2989 2990 2991 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868793 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44805 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:26:14 »

We need players, hes a player.

We need a target man style striker, hes a target man style striker.

We can't afford to buy anyone, hes a loan.

Sounds perfect, his skills as a footballer are irrelivant.

He ticks all those boxes, if hes half decent he will do well, FGR and Charlton fans both say hes not bad but needs a run of luck in scoring, hes hard working and runs around a lot, has a bit of pace and isnt bad in the air and is 6 foot 2.

It just clicks for some players at some clubs and they settle quickly and hit form fast when they previously haven't (Sam Parkin, Alan Mayes, Simon Cox etc), hopefully it will click for Josh at Swindon, welcome to the club.

This

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44806 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:33:39 »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-striker-young-set-for-loan-as-swindon-northampton-mansfield-and-port-vale-swoop/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643106705
Brad Young on loan from Villa. Could be a lazy link as Garner was watching Villa U23's, but a bit surprised at the level of interest in this player given his record at Carlisle.
Him and Barry were both superb last night for Villa’s U23s - with Young scoring from Barry’s assist.

The way we set up, though, doesn’t really allow for another loan striker who would probably not get much playing time.

Not sure what other market we can pilfer a striker from. Any decent OOC striker would have been snapped up.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #44807 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:36:28 »

I think we just have to wait and see. How he's managed is likely to be a big factor. The thing I like about Garner is the way he deals with each player, the way he has managed McKirdy is a good example.

I raise you .........Granty!

Clems Army!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44808 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:46:27 »

https://the72.co.uk/260725/swindon-town-and-mansfield-town-want-aston-villa-youngster-brad-young/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44809 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:54:41 »

I raise you .........Granty!

I'll fold  Sad
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44810 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:11:18 »

I agree. Chorley and Garner haven't put a foot wrong on recruitment except with Gilbert. Even then, it was obvious he was technically good, he just didn't fit into the team that has evolved over the course of the season.

Evolved, very significant comment. It has and will continue to do so. FWIW did Gilbert come in early or late in the recruitment process? May not be significant in of its self but until a body of 11 players get out on the pitch you’re only guessing and hoping they’ll click. Then the more you bring in the the more permutations of playing style you have to use and work out which is best. Clearly Gilbert didn’t fit into what they wanted to get going, it happens and wish Gilbert success elsewhere. They have have an idea of how the player plays and strengths and weaknesses, they’ll work in some set up and formations but not others and then you look at the likely opposition line up to decide how you set up and who you play, gets complicated.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #44811 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 12:28:26 »

Agree on all points LL.

I recall Gilbert playing his first game at Stevenage which was back in September and I think he had only just joined. At the time we had Simpson on his own up front, supported by other "attackers" which were really forward thinking midfielders. That has evolved to what looks (to me at least) to be effectively 2 up front in Simpson and McKirdy. Gilbert didn't fit that in my view.  Also, if we need to chase a game you put on JML ahead of him. To shore up a game you have Lyden and East.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #44812 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 13:18:28 »

I wonder we could just be taking the Charlton lad in on a punt. See what he is like before end of the season for next. Bit like a trial
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #44813 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 13:30:34 »

I wonder we could just be taking the Charlton lad in on a punt. See what he is like before end of the season for next. Bit like a trial
Similar to my feelings. The timing strikes me as the Gilbert replacement of backup striker, rather than anything first choice. Ben House-esque
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44814 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 13:38:53 »

Similar to my feelings. The timing strikes me as the Gilbert replacement of backup striker, rather than anything first choice. Ben House-esque

Talking of Ben House, he has just gone from Eastleigh, to Lincoln!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #44815 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:07:24 »

Chorley and Garner don't seem the type to take a punt to me. If what they say is to be believed,they will have thoroughly researched the player. But he is OOC in the summer so there is the view of next year
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44816 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:38:08 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road

makes sense. I guess we'll see a Simpson replacement too

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44817 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:38:36 »

But their only remit for this season was to stay up. I’d say looking at Davison for 20 odd games is akin to a long term pre season triallist.

With the umbongo being lifted before next season the Bens have a pretty much free hit this season. We can all see the club is going in the right direction so if we struggle to make the POs this season, fair enough.

Next season we should be confident of raising the flag on HMS Piss the League.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44818 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:50:11 »

Well Villa you took back KKH so at least make it up to us by loaning us Louie Barry.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19872920.swindon-town-remain-interested-aston-villa-winger-louie-barry/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44819 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 14:57:31 »

Well Villa you took back KKH so at least make it up to us by loaning us Louie Barry.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19872920.swindon-town-remain-interested-aston-villa-winger-louie-barry/

Wasn't he just waiting to be announced a few weeks back?
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 2987 [2988] 2989 2990 2991 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: