Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 2990 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8965189 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44790 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 03:42:49 »

You also have to remember that for the majority of this season Charlton have been pretty shite. Hence the manager getting sacked and Johnny Jackson getting the job. Maybe with some decent coaching he’ll shine.

Bet you a penny to a pound of pig shit he scores Saturday.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44791 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 06:16:14 »

The other interesting thing that was said to me was that he was that he tries hard, is quite tall and has a good aerial presence - He's an out and out centre forward. Finally, we've gone from a tough guy in Simpson to a guy with a pony tail!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44792 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:10:13 »

Jermaine Hylton

What about him
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44793 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:33:23 »

Simpson hadn’t scored a league goal before joining us. Something tells me this striker from Charlton will be decent
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44794 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:47:33 »

The other interesting thing that was said to me was that he was that he tries hard, is quite tall and has a good aerial presence - He's an out and out centre forward. Finally, we've gone from a tough guy in Simpson to a guy with a pony tail!

Pony tailed? 🤔🤔🤔 We have one already of that Ilk. This could be something special, like a double act. Think Mayes & Rowland and for the younger viewers, Yeats & Doyle.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:32:28 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44795 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:53:31 »

Read somewhere that he's 6'2
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #44796 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 08:59:07 »

Read somewhere that he's 6'2

6' according to the below
https://en.soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=105892

No idea how accurate that is though.  He's not a midget anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44797 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:05:27 »

he could actually be better in the air then Simpson!

but we are going to miss Simpsons strength in the ball.

Slight concern about what the Charlton fan said said about 2 hard working forwards not working together.

Other than that, suck it and see. could be the complete opposite and unlock the team and push us to promotion....

you'd assume this was targeted as an addition rather than replacement to Simpson
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44798 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:15:49 »

I also have some feedback from a Charlton fan that is, you guessed it, wholly negative........

Good move for him.

"It’s evident he’s nowhere near the level required to be playing in L1.

I couldn’t tell you a single thing he does well but hopefully a spell and run of games in a side challenging at the right end might bring something out of him but I suspect with his contract ending in the summer, that’ll be the last we see of him at Charlton.
We only had 3 strikers until recently.

Washington has been injured and on international duty, Stockley injured and suspended so he got a few games that way, majority of his games have been in that pizza cup nonsense.

Tells you everything that an 18 year old kid has been promoted to the first team in recent weeks and it’s Davison being sent out.

I couldn’t really tell you how he plays, he does try and makes a nuisance of himself but there’s no one thing about his game that stands out, he doesn’t even use his size very well, he’s just a very ‘meh’ player.

I wish him well, would love for him to come and score a hatful and come back a much better and more confident player in the same way Karlan Grant did after a loan spell at Crawley."

I suspect given he is OOC at the end of the season that BenSquared see him as someone they can work with with a potential to sign permanently as it sounds like his career at Charlton is done. I think now that we are trying to mix things up and go a bit longer over a high press that he sounds like he could be useful. He'll be better in the air than Simpson as well so we may tweak the way we play to suit. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44799 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:33:28 »

I think we just have to wait and see. How he's managed is likely to be a big factor. The thing I like about Garner is the way he deals with each player, the way he has managed McKirdy is a good example.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44800 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:40:26 »

I think we just have to wait and see. How he's managed is likely to be a big factor. The thing I like about Garner is the way he deals with each player, the way he has managed McKirdy is a good example.

Spot on 4D, completely agree with you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44801 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 09:45:20 »

I also trust both Bens. The recruitment has been good so far. Gilbert the only miss this summer really
Crackity Jones

« Reply #44802 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:09:00 »

I also trust both Bens. The recruitment has been good so far. Gilbert the only miss this summer really
I agree. Chorley and Garner haven't put a foot wrong on recruitment except with Gilbert. Even then, it was obvious he was technically good, he just didn't fit into the team that has evolved over the course of the season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44803 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:16:46 »

We need players, hes a player.

We need a target man style striker, hes a target man style striker.

We can't afford to buy anyone, hes a loan.

Sounds perfect, his skills as a footballer are irrelivant.

He ticks all those boxes, if hes half decent he will do well, FGR and Charlton fans both say hes not bad but needs a run of luck in scoring, hes hard working and runs around a lot, has a bit of pace and isnt bad in the air and is 6 foot 2.

It just clicks for some players at some clubs and they settle quickly and hit form fast when they previously haven't (Sam Parkin, Alan Mayes, Simon Cox etc), hopefully it will click for Josh at Swindon, welcome to the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #44804 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:22:15 »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-striker-young-set-for-loan-as-swindon-northampton-mansfield-and-port-vale-swoop/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643106705
Brad Young on loan from Villa. Could be a lazy link as Garner was watching Villa U23's, but a bit surprised at the level of interest in this player given his record at Carlisle.
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 2990 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: