Pages: 1 ... 2814 2815 2816 [2817] 2818 2819 2820 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867926 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42240 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:41:19 »

McGreal always when we have played them plays with a big fast striker up top who can also play the channels but holds the ball up.

I would love Jamille Matt but hes just signed an extention at the grass eaters, apparently Akinde is available, who on paper would suit even though I am not a huge fan of his.

I've watched Matt a few times and I can never see the hype. Last time he played against us I described him as like a Dobermann puppy. He's big, gangly, clumsy & awkward and he's difficult to handle but he doesn't really seem to know what he's doing. Maybe a little harsh but I saw him against for Forest Green this year and he wasn't any different. Definitely a middle of the range L2 striker for me!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #42241 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:47:51 »

I've watched Matt a few times and I can never see the hype. Last time he played against us I described him as like a Dobermann puppy. He's big, gangly, clumsy & awkward and he's difficult to handle but he doesn't really seem to know what he's doing. Maybe a little harsh but I saw him against for Forest Green this year and he wasn't any different. Definitely a middle of the range L2 striker for me!

If you saw him for FGR this year you'd know that he scored 17 in 38, was third league top scorer and had third best mins per goal ratio in the league?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42242 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:50:59 »

If you saw him for FGR this year you'd know that he scored 17 in 38, was third league top scorer and had third best mins per goal ratio in the league?

I did indeed and it doesn't really change my opinion of how he played! League Two was a bit mental this season anyway, who would've predicted Mullin would get 30+ goals?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #42243 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:51:58 »

Very true.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42244 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:59:58 »

I think middle of the range League 2 striker is probably about the level we are looking at given the circumstances

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42245 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:24:46 »

I think middle of the range League 2 striker is probably about the level we are looking at given the circumstances

You think we can aim that high? I love your optimism!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42246 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:38:54 »

You think we can aim that high? I love your optimism!

Good point..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42247 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:55:01 »

Saw somewhere Matt is off to Salford
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42248 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:56:41 »

He’s signed a new deal at FGR i think
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42249 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 11:09:30 »

How about Vigoroux back as keeper
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42250 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 13:03:00 »

I agree he is like a Doberman puppy, he is all legs and arms but he does know where the net is and always gacve our defenders a huge handful when we play against him, for Newport especially.

I don't rate Akinde but again his goals to games ratio is impressive and in an ideal world we would get better players than both of them, but this season is a cost cutting exercise as long as Power owns the club so they could be all we coul aim for.

Matt has just signed an extention though as I put in the previous post so that would be hugely unlikely without a fee being involved.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #42251 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 18:19:20 »

We need a Kyrie Pierre who went from Bristol Rovers to Villa to make some money.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #42252 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 11:41:06 »

Twine to Pompey seems to be gathering pace.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42253 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:10:55 »

I think a loan back to them would be a more realistic option after he is transfered to a bigger club, I doubt Newport would have the financial clout to pay the Bosman compensation fee to us anyway, rumoured to be around £200k apparently.
Well with Morecambe beating Newport at Wembley there is even less than zero chance Twine will sign for Newport.

Fair play to Diagoraga on the promotion though, he was treated poorly by Wellens, there was a decent player in there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #42254 on: Monday, May 31, 2021, 17:18:06 »

Well with Morecambe beating Newport at Wembley there is even less than zero chance Twine will sign for Newport.

Fair play to Diagoraga on the promotion though, he was treated poorly by Wellens, there was a decent player in there.

Not being played because you're dreadful and very unfit isn't being treated poorly.
Pages: 1 ... 2814 2815 2816 [2817] 2818 2819 2820 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: