Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Igoe's rejected his contract offer  (Read 2602 times)
STFCDude

« on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:08:32 »

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4316

Not too sure if I mind if he were to ever go, he didn't have a good season and didn't show the type of form that he did last season
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:09:50 »

thats bad new im afraid! we need him
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:13:39 »

I'd like him to say if possible, but after the season hes had it would be no great loss.

He's one of those players who can produce that moment of magic, it just hasnt happened nearly enough this season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:15:18 »

No great loss as far as I'm concerned!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:16:21 »

i think he has underperformed this season but can we really replace him with a better player with the finances the way they are?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:20:17 »

Yes.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:58:18 »

I think he's one of those chaps that was always going to try and "negotiate" what ever deal was on the table.  He's coming up to what should be his last big earner and he has to get the best deal for him and his family so I would have always thought he would go for the best deal.

He's expressed on several occassions he wants to stay and I think he probably will after a bit of a wrangle.

That is unless we have offered a piss taker and offered less thn what he's on, perhaps he's one of the two "wont be happy" players King mentions two weeks ago.

On current form sadly have to agree no great loss, should be ripping this league to shreds but has been far to inconsistant.

le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 12:09:00 »

yeah no great loss, he's been rubbish this season. would rather see king use his wage money to bring in a youngster who will show more effort & commitment and try & make a name for himself. someone like paul edwards who used to be here.

hope this doesnt mean his bumming partner brian howard will leave aswell though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 12:10:19 »

yes it will. howards off
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 12:40:03 »

I would like to see igoe stay, he hasn't been in great form this season but you know that he is one of those players that on his day is brilliant.  He hasn't had a bad run of late though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 12:44:51 »

He has been mediocre to say the least.  I would just say though, that 87th minute free kick against Bradford was without doubt one of the highlights of the season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 15:42:25 »

He says he's "not happy with the offer".The question should be "Are we happy with him?".Fact is he has under performed,has not reached the levels of last season and therefore does not deserve a better offer.That's my opinion ,for what it's worth.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 15:45:33 »

I think people's expectations of Igoe are too high!

Everybody seems to think that because when he came here he was awesome, he should continue to be a great player until his final game.

The truth is that he has only produced his great performances about 7 or 8 times this year, which isn't enough. Maybe this is down to age? Many players start to slow down after 30 and he has been here nearly two years now.

I think he would be worth keeping for one more year. Maybe they didn't offer him a very long contract. Lets be honest, we don't know what it was he didn't like in there.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 16:09:41 »

well, hasn't been the same this season, but is a useful player. shame.
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 16:28:35 »

Igoe's indifferent play has mirrored our season. Thats why Im not bothered in the slightest if he decides to play elsewhere.

Next season could be difficult, we cant afford passengers like Igoe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: