Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Parkin  (Read 23057 times)
fatbury

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:40:43 »

I dont know why Fitton is so anti bringing Parkin back - hes cheap .. and hes good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #181 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:42:11 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I dont know why Fitton is so anti bringing Parkin back - hes cheap .. and hes good

Do we know if he would be cheap though?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:42:43 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
If roberts and corr are here next season i will be amazed reg.

Prepare to be amazed then...they're both under contract.  The queue of clubs looking to sign long term injured players is quite short.

If we were to get an ex player back, I'd prefer Fallon...wasn't so long ago he left,  which seems to be the deciding factor as to whether they're any use on return,  and more importantly he's been mostly fit, without being over worked.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:43:55 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Prepare to be amazed then...they're both under contract.  The queue of clubs looking to sign long term injured players is quite short.

If we were to get an ex player back, I'd prefer Fallon...wasn't so long ago he left,  which seems to be the deciding factor as to whether they're any use on return,  and more importantly he's been mostly fit, without being over worked.

I'm almost afraid to agree Reg, but I will.

Fuck it, let's sign them both  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:44:20 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

He's expensive and played 30 odd games in 3 seasons...AF knows his stuff.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:44:31 »

and now hes a born again bible basher he might be less likely to drink the town dry and behave like a animal!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:45:02 »

We have recruiting to do!  Cheesy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #187 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:46:10 »

They are absolutly no use to us Reg.I know they are under contract but based on lengh of injury and in the case of corr how many appearances we are likely to get out of him we are likely to get 20 games at a push from each of them? Cut your losses pay the contract and fuck them off imo
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 12:57:29 »

Interestingly, Paynter has as good a goals per game ratio as Parkin this season and we didn't pay anything for him.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #189 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 13:02:32 »

We did pay for him si.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #190 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 13:09:16 »

Beg your pardon, so we did.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 13:31:41 »

Yeah but Fallon isnt in the same class as Parkin, as we all bloody know...
neville w

« Reply #192 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 13:34:25 »

Sadly I think they're both under contract - can't see anyone buying them under current conditions.
Dazzza

« Reply #193 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 13:57:42 »

Having paid a fair chunk of cash I can't see Luton letting the big man go on the cheap unless they want to offload him from their wage bill.  Even still I’d imagine they’ll be aiming for an instant return to league one and won’t want to lose player of that calibre.

The whole debate over players going back never working out is usually because the player is either tailing off his career or the side he left has evolved since the departure and become a better team in his absence. Thomas Gravesen is a good case in hand of being one of Everton’s key players when he left for Madrid, the side evolved in his absence and he’s now become a square peg in a round hole this season.

I can’t imagine if Corr, Sturrock and Payner are still here that we would stump up cash for Sam.  Shame but hey ho.

Sussex

« Reply #194 on: Thursday, April 17, 2008, 14:16:22 »

Canadian mature chedder, and I'd fuck off half the current team and re-build from there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: