Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1 win in 10 - relegation form???  (Read 6209 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 08:13:43 »

We've got easier games coming up, and under Malpas we've done well against the lower teams. I believe we'll get at least 4 points from our next 2 home games.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 08:51:20 »

Quote from: "Batch"
a big ask.

Please don't use that phrase, it is deeply upsetting.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 10:26:20 »

I'd be quite interested to see statistics regarding the number of teams 8 points clear with 6 games to go who went on to get relegated.  (I'm sure Reg knows this without even needing to look it up).

I would imagine the number of teams is very small.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 10:54:43 »

69% of teams that are 8 points above of the relegation zone end up going down at the end of the season.  

Interestingly only 57% of teams that are 7 points above the relegation zone go down though.  

If only we hadn't drawn against Carlisle and lost instead, we'd have a better chance of staying up - MALPAS OUT!!!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 12:37:00 »

I think we will get away with 3 points for safety as a lot of teams below us have to play each other so will end up taking points off each other, but we may have to wait until Millwall to claim the 3 points, I hope though that things do not get that tight as I'm not sure our current squad have the bottle when the pressure is really on.

Does anyone think that Malpas is out to better his record at Motherwell ?  Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 13:27:14 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I can't see Gillingham getting any more than 9 or 10 points from their remaining games. And I expect us to pick up atleast 6 or 7 points. And there a re teams between us and them who would also have to go above us.

We're not going down.

9 or 10 points?Are you mad?Even their own fans dont expect them to win another game.If they get 10 points I will stand in the middle of Ashford Town centre and shout "I HATE PIKEYS"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:30:20 »

Quote from: "adje"
I can't see Gillingham getting any more than 9 or 10 points from their remaining games. And I expect us to pick up atleast 6 or 7 points. And there a re teams between us and them who would also have to go above us.

We're not going down.

9 or 10 points?Are you mad?Even their own fans dont expect them to win another game.If they get 10 points I will stand in the middle of Ashford Town centre and shout "I HATE PIKEYS"

That was very much a worst-case-scenario analysis of Jills' chances!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:36:20 »

just imagine how tight it would be now, had bournemouth and luton not had points deducted.
if we dont win saturday then the pressure is really on malpas then.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:43:08 »

You almost get the feeling that some Town fans (not necessarily on this site) would like us not to win on saturday just to prove a point.  Which is a disgrace, the vultures are circling, for no good reason.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:46:27 »

Quote from: "janaage"
You almost get the feeling that some Town fans (not necessarily on this site) would like us not to win on saturday just to prove a point.  Which is a disgrace, the vultures are circling, for no good reason.
Sorry Jan 1 win in 10 , poor tactics is not no reason is it

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:51:22 »

i agree.kingy had it like that too.its the way it is i'm afraid and malpas has done himself nmo favours with his bizarre formation and team selcetions, plus his press comments
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:53:33 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
But we could win every game remaining this season and people would still moan about Malpas and be annoyed that we did well. It's been like that with the last few managers we've had (apart from Sturrock)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 14:56:16 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
But we could win every game remaining this season and people would still moan about Malpas and be annoyed that we did well. It's been like that with the last few managers we've had (apart from Sturrock)
Well when that happens that’s fine people can then say they are moaning for no reason cant they. All im saying is at the moment they are moaning with good reason
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 15:05:23 »

I haven't said that people are moaning for no good reasons I said "the vultures are circling, for no good reason", meaning they are in for the kill, they spy dead meat and are ready to swoop, that kind of thing.

But I don't mind people moaning about our recent run of less than impressive results.  It;s their opinion.  Won't change mine!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2008, 15:44:22 »

69% of teams that are 8 points above of the relegation zone end up going down at the end of the season.  

Interestingly only 57% of teams that are 7 points above the relegation zone go down though.  

If only we hadn't drawn against Carlisle and lost instead, we'd have a better chance of staying up - I attract sharks!!!!

You're having us on with those figures surely.They suggest that only 31% of teams that are in the bottom 4 actually go down.Or have I got that wrong?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: