Print
Author Topic: Fitton  (Read 9907 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, April 3, 2008, 08:10:52 »

Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "adje"
I respect your opinion,you know that,but Aljofree has never been a rock in my opinion,Vincent I agree is a better centre-half than full back but has only just returned from injury and JPM had a decent debut but I haven't seen any evidence of it since Im afraid.I really dont think our squad is good enough to challenge for the play-offs-but thats my opinion

Like I've said I thought Aljofree looks class at the start of the season and did up untill his mate Sturrock left.

Vincent has just returned from injury, but hes been playing most of the season.

JPM was on form for his first dozen games and Cox and Paytner scored alot off of his crosses, both the Nottm Forest OGs came from JPM crosses

....at the start of the season I wouldnt have said we had enough to challenge for the play offs but there was a point this season where we WERE challenging for the play offs. We probably would have faded away towards the end of the season....but you can never be sure with Sturrock.

The thing about the Sturrock reign, and I did voice this concern at the time, it was quite clear he was bringing "his" players in JPM, Aljofree, Blair for example this always worried me to an extent, not whether they were good enough, just what happens when he leaves.  Will they still be the same players under a new manager?  The jury's still out for me but I do think PS knew these players inside out, MM doesn't have that luxury.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: